main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Old Demons Die Hard - *Winner for Best AU and Best All Around; Tied for Best Ensemble!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by p_stotts, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    whoot! I so totally love this story! Update Update Update!

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I wonder what they did to Obi-Wan and who was the other Padawan.

interesting=D=

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Qui and Xan will have their sit-down chat but not for awhile yet. First they have to concentrate on helping Obi-Wan, as you'll see in this next chapter. ;)

Now,now, let's not start this again. :rolleyes: Obi-Wan won't die (yet), but he will come close. Is that good enough?:D

Well then, here's more!

Okay! Okay! Okay! See how annoying that is? :p Sorry, I just saw Get Smart and couldn't resist. Here's your update.

Patience, Padawan! All in good time. In the meantime, here's the next chapter. [face_mischief]

Chapter 4 ? Things Come to a Head

Qui-Gon stood with his arms crossed as he listened to Master Trokai?s report on Obi-Wan?s physical and psychological condition. A member of the Juven race, Trokai looked like a cross between a five-year-old human male and a china doll. He had unblemished, porcelain-colored skin and no body hair except a mop of shiny brown curls atop his head. Unlike the human children they so closely resembled, Juven hands and feet each held a set of retractable, razor sharp talons, as well as sheathed fangs in the upper jaw that emerged when the Juven felt threatened.

Trokai sat at his low desk, hands folded before him, a perplexed look on his small face. ?Obi-Wan is a bit disoriented and dehydrated, but other than that he seems fine physically. He has, however, exhibited signs irritability and anxiousness.? He grinned for a moment. ?Mostly in regard to getting out of here. That, in and of itself, is no cause for alarm, however I am a bit concerned with his struggle to properly deal with these emotions as well as his inability to recall what happened.?

Xanatos crossed his arms, unconsciously mimicking Qui-Gon?s body language. ?So he doesn?t remember anything about the last two days??

Trokai?s face scrunched up in a frown. ?Apparently not and his shields are sealed up tighter than a Toydarian?s grip on money.? He spread his hands in a gesture of exasperation. ?All we know is that Master Nu discovered him wandering around the Temple archives in a daze. He says he doesn?t remember how he got there.?

Qui-Gon drew in a deep breath and let his worry for his padawan drain away. He?s alive and relatively unharmed. Concentrate on that. The rest will come. ?You said, ?He says he doesn?t remember.? Does that mean you believe he does remember but refuses to discuss it??

?Perhaps, but one thing is clear.? He paused to straighten a sheet of flimsy on his desk. ?Whatever happened upset Obi-Wan to the point that he either cannot or will not speak of it.?

?Any chance of breaking through his shields??

Trokai shook his head. ?I could do it, Qui-Gon, but at this point I think the risks would far outweigh the benefits of such an action.?

Qui-Gon sighed deeply. ?Very well. May I take him home now??

?Of course, but please don?t pressure him to talk. I?m sure he will speak of what happened when he?s ready. For now, make certain he drinks plenty of water and doesn?t overtax himself for a few days. Other than that, he can resume a normal schedule. I?ll inform Master Yoda of what we discussed here. Notify me if anything, and I mean anything, out of the ordinary occurs.?

?Of course and thank you.? Qui-Gon nodded and left the office in search of his padawan. An aide directed him to a room at the end of the corridor where he found the young man staring out the window. O

4. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    Sorry I missed the last update - DRL got in the way again. Pesky thing. Poor Xan! And poor Qui-Gon, even though he's being a bit of a buckethead at the moment.

Noooo! Another cliffie! What in the world did Sidious do to Obi? And furthermore, why did he return him to the Temple? Or did he escape? *waits impatiently to find out what's going on*

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah ha, has Obi-Wan "regressed" to when he was newly Qui's padawan - so much adds up - his fighting style, his wary and hopeful demeanor when Qui first took him back to quarters....some part of him is 13 or so again. Right?

Poor Obi - [:D] for you!

6. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    :( [face_worried] Thanks so much to those who responded to the previous chapters, but where did everyone else go? *checks breath* Smells minty fresh. *sniffs armpits* Nope that isn't it either. Everyone must have either taken off for the weekend, gone Christmas shopping, or hibernated for the winter -- or worse... lost interest. :_|:p

Some of your questions will be answered by this next chapter. Other answers will have to wait until later. Just out of curiousity, why do you think Qui-Gon is being a buckethead?

Close but not quite. Even at 13 Obi would have never attacked someone with his lightsaber with the intention to maim or kill, nor would he have dared yelled hateful things at Qui-Gon. You'll get a medical explanation in this next chapter -- plus a bit of Obi's pov.

Chapter 5 ? What in the World Happened to Obi-Wan?

Qui-Gon stared through the observation window at his unconscious padawan lying on the infirmary bed.

Master Healer Trokai and a healer?s assistant had been in with Obi-Wan for more than two hours -- running new tests, administering medicine, examining and re-examining the young man.

There is no anger; there is no fear; there is no passion; there is no?. Qui-Gon glanced down to find his hands fisted in his robe and quickly slipped them into his sleeves. Although this exam was much longer than previously, he took comfort in the fact that Healer Trokai was obviously being very thorough. Perhaps this time he?d solve the mystery of Obi-Wan?s violent behavior.

The rhythmic clicking of Master Yoda?s gimmer stick on the dura-plast floors signaled his arrival. He stood beside Qui-Gon and looked in the window. ?Patience you must have, Master Qui-Gon. Help your apprentice, worrying will not. Time and the Force will tell.?

?I know, Master,? Qui-Gon said with a sigh. ?What kind of a twisted, sadistic being could have done this to him??

Yodas ears lowered. ?One who cares not but for his own selfish desires.?

The sound of more footsteps drew Qui-Gon?s attention down the corridor.

Xanatos walked toward them, his cloak billowing out behind him, a grim look on his face, with Patri trotting alongside to keep up with his longer strides. He stopped and inclined his head to both masters. ?Qui-Gon. Master Yoda.?

Qui-Gon returned the gesture, adding a small smile for Patri.

Patri wordlessly enveloped him in a hug and caressed his psyche with soothing Force waves. ?Don?t you worry, Master Jinn; our Obi-Wan will come back to us.?

?I know, Patri.? Qui-Gon took comfort in her embrace, closing his eyes a moment in an effort to rein in his emotions. ?I know.?

?Has there been any news?? Xanatos asked.

Yoda?s walking stick tapped the floor. ?With Obi-Wan, Master Trokai still is.?

?Why don?t you sit down over here, Master Jinn?? Patri gently took hold of his arm and guided him to some chairs setting against the wall. ?You look exhausted.?

Qui-Gon didn?t resist her kind ministrations, but soon returned to the observation window, his attention focused solely on the still form of his padawan.

A medical tech whisked by and entered the room. She handed Trokai a flimsy and departed without a word.

Master Trokai?s tiny forehead crinkled as he perused the information. After a moment, he glanced at the observation window the

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw, Peggy, some of us are working on our own stories and crossing fingers one gains some readers.

So...drugged, was Obi-Wan, but why, and why was he returned/whatever? A message, or is there something we don't know yet?

If just flushing the drug out "fixes" Obi, what was the point?

8. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I'm sorry I didn't review the last chappie, Peg - I'm not sure if I was notified. Or sometimes I am notified, but I forget to read because I lose track like that. SO SORRY!!

So this whole thing with Obi-Wan is very interesting. What happened to him? And why was he drugged?

- Serena

9. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Oh no, look how much I missed!!!! :eek: Yes please, add me to the pm list!

I don't know, it seems like there's been done more to Obi-Wan than the drug; this is more than fear, he's 'remembering' things that didn't happen. Which would explain the fact that he was gone for two days... supplying a drug wouldn't need that long, right?

I love Patri and how she tries to take care of big, supposedly stoic Qui-Gon [face_love] Makes me feel she can see right through to his big heart underneath....

As to all the many previous parts I missed so far, wow, what a lot has happened! You're weaving a very intersting story here. But you threw me completely with Xanatos working secretely for Yoda to try and find out who Sidious is. That took a lot of pondering for me, because as far as I had read the previous, Bandomeer still happened, right? So Xanatos using slaves in very bad mining conditions, making a slave of Obi-Wan, murdering a number of beings by bombing a mineshaft and trying to even murder a whole lot more, including Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan... that all happened, yes? Which would mean... somewhere along the line he sort of turned around and realized this wasn't the way? And he contacted Yoda?

He DID try to save slaves for a good while and he did save Obi-Wan again on Coruscant, but, well, those were no minor misdemeanors of his....

And now his cover is broken and he can no longer win Sidious' trust - and they don't know who Sidious is yet - NOT good!

I do love the twist that it was Sidious behind the pirates attack on the way to Bandomeer, because he wants to get Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan for some reason.

As for Yoda, he shouldn't forget his own words: always in motion the future is. The Greek know all about trying to avoid predictions by acting on them [face_shame_on_you]

10. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    no no no no! you can NOT stop there!

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great chapter and I can't wait for more

12. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I'm still here, really! :_| I'm sorry I haven't been reviewing lately, I recently went back to school, and that has been keeping me quite busy recently. I had to force myself to stay away from fanfic for over two weeks because I had so much studying to do! :( And now that I finally have more time, it's taken me three days so far to catch up on all the stories I'm reading, and I'm still not done! But enough about me...

Wow, what a wild ride the last..uh.. nine posts have been! Such great action and intrigue! At least I didn't have to wait to find out who got shot in that alley! :p And Xan working undercover for Yoda and the council was a shocker! :eek: I love it! :D

But what did they do to poor Obi-Wan?! :_| I hope Qui can help him get his recent memories back soon, the poor guy is so distraught. :( Still, I wonder, why was he freed? [face_thinking] Was he brainwashed to do something horrible at some sort of signal or command that he won't remember doing later? Hmmm... [face_thinking]

Thanks for all the wonderful updates, and I'll try hard not to fall so far behind next time! [:D]

13. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I'd never loose interest. Your stories are wonderful.=D=
    I have been busy.I-)
    Wow two chapters and even though one was a cliffie I didn't have to wait at all to find out what happened.
    The drug is going to have lasting effects I can tell.[face_worried]
    Excellent post.=D=

14. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    It seems that everyone turns up together... :p

Wonderful chapters! Hmm. So the Obi they all know and love is dead for a little while? Lol. Joking, couldn't resist.

Poor Qui. He won't know which way to turn!

Thanks for the PM!

15. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    Hmm, interesting. Who was the female in the alley and what did Sidious really want with Obi? Is he just taunting Xanatos or did he do something else? And why can't Obi-Wan remember what happened? Mysteries, mysteries! Excellent update. In answer to your question, Qui-Gon was being a bucket head for not recognizing that Xanatos isn't made out of stone, regardless of what he might have done in the past. Of course, Xan is good at being thick-headed too at times.

16. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Finally caught up again! Great chapters and I'm looking forward to more. I'll come back and edit this later when I have a more time!

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    [face_blush] :p I was just kidding around. As for "flushing" fixing Obi, there's a good deal more to it than that, as you'll see in this next post. Keep reading.

These and many more questions shall be answered... eventually. However, as you can see from this next post, Obi has a long way to go.

Wow! That's some response! [face_dancing] As for some of your questions... yes, Bandomeer happened. No, Xan corrupting Bruck and trying to kill Yoda did not (in this version). I'm not sure if Sideous knows exactly what Xan is doing or not. I think Palpy just wants to get rid of him and Obi. Oh, and the pirate raid Xan refers to isn't the Bandomeer pirate raid. He's referring to the latest pirate raid that landed Obi in the hands of the slavers from whom Xanatos saved him.

Now, now, Karen, settle down. ;) I have no intention of stopping there. Read on!

18. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :) Thank you for the pm, stotts, that works a LOT better :D

Darn... I really thought he meant Bandomeer [face_blush] [face_blush]

And they really got to poor Obi with the false memories :eek: They even included Patri! This is not going to be easy, since Obi-Wan rejects everything they say or show him. Poor Qui-Gon too, it tears at his heart, Obi-Wan in such a state and not trusting him, so he can hardly help his padawan :(

I do wonder what Sidious wants and if he'll go after Qui-Gon next...

Loved Xanatos' reply to Qui-Gon's apology! Xan looked at him. ?Sith hells, Qui-Gon, why are you apologizing? I probably would have thought the same thing.? [face_laugh]

19. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Oh my gosh... poor Obi!!! He needs a huge hug. [:D] Looking forward to more!

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I'll give Obi-Wan two hugs, and Qui and Xan and Patri and all one for trying to help. Oh, my poor Obi-Wan.

Just my Obi-angst. ;)

And Peg - I was just joshin' around, too. It seems everyone comes and goes all at once, doesn't it?

21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    poor Obi-Wan he's so confused [:D]

Need more soon

22. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Oh noes! Poor Obi! I'd be freaking out if I was Patri, right now. Yes, I am happy, now. :)

Thanks for the PM!

23. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    :_| Poor Obi-Wan!! They really did a number on him! :_|

That's so sad that whoever brainwashed him made him think Patri was torturing him, and that Qui is so cruel and uncaring! :_|

Will Obi ever get his real memories back? :(

Heartbreaking, yet wonderful update! [face_love]

Oh, and thanks for the clarification about who Xan was working for, now it all makes sense! Well, not all of it, of course, which is why I can't wait for more! :D

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oooh! All that torture poor Obi-Wan.o_O
    You know Master I'd never torture Obi-Wan like that[face_whistling]

I wonder if he knows who tortured him and gave him all the false memories.[face_thinking]

There are demons in his head.[face_worried]

great post.=D=

25. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Sorry, this isn't a post. Hopefully, that will come later today. Anyway, there seems to be a misconception about Obi-Wan being brainwashed. If you'll go back and reread Trokai's analysis, he said the drug had a side effect that made Obi's conscious and subconscious minds switch. The result is that all Obi's nightmares, deep-seated fears, and subconscious thoughts have become his reality. He was missing for two days, because that's how long he was given the drug... a "rather large dose" as Trokai put it. This is why his reaction is so extreme. I hope that clears things up a bit. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.