main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oldbies suggestions

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jedi_Benji, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    looks like i got heaps of work so the robitoc post hunting shall be on weekends only. But dont worry, ill look over the weeks posts, and i will be nice whe i PM them, nothing harsh, promise.

2. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Um...

Not to be negative, but I would really advise against PMing people on how they're posting a welcome. [face_plain] My concern is that people might take a little advice the wrong way and not come back to welcome anyone, which I think would be really sad. :(

On an off topic note -- I'm glad you're back, Morgaine! :)

3. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Yer now i think about it more it is kinda wierd, neone else got ne ideas?

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I have, I just don't have the time to post them. :( Guess I said "I'm back" a bit too early... my week has been way too busy, and I still need lots of rest. But now it's nearly weekend - so there's a chance I'll get to type up my response later today or tomorrow. ;) Sorry for the delay. [face_blush]

5. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Ah dont worry about it, take yer time... The best part is, its already weekend for me!! Yay

6. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Personally, when I do actually welcome a newbie in the Welcome Forum, I try to tailor it depending on what had been already said and if they show a particular interest. Now admittedly, I've greeted more newbies as a function of redirecting them here when they accidently spam-post a thread somewhere else.

While robotic posts may be a bit dry and even annoying depending on who's doing them and how, I wouldn't sanction these people unless it's obvious they're just totally spamming or something. You want people to greet the new people. As long as they actually live up to the offer of aiding newbies if PMed, there should be no problem.

Anyway, that's my 1 1/2 cents. :p

7. Alabak

Alabak Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2001
    Hey Benji, please don't PM me telling me how to welcome new people.

If all i want to post is:

Welcome to the JC!

...Than that's what i'll post! [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.