main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Oldjedinurse's Portfolio: Updated March 1st - Syal Antilles Fel

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by oldjedinurse, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Great! =D=
    His clothes also fit very good to him. (also tried drawing Jag, but couldn't decide what he should wear)

2. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Wonderful work Oldjedinurse, you definitely have a great understanding of facial structure. Can't wait to see more from you :)

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    He's looking good. ;)

4. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    FF:

Oh, my...he's looking quite fantastic, oldj! I really like how you're shading these days--it looks very smooth and natural--and I like the shirt: something simple would suit Jag. He, like Jaina, would not be one to go for the "fru-fru clothes!" lol! It's looking great!

Thanks so much, FF! I'm pleased with his "enhancements" so far. I've made a few more changes and, in fact, he's almost finished. I should be posting the final product this weekend. As for the simple shirt, I agree - no "Seinfeld's poofy shirt" for our Jag! LOL!

HS29:

A very wise choice you made there with the cropping of the shoulders. He looks really great now - all the proportional errors seemed to have been fixed. And like FF, I love the choice of shirt. It really does fit Jag quite nicely. I can't wait to see what finishing touches you add to it!

"A wise choice" - thanks to some excellent suggestions! ;) Thanks a lot!

Chilla:

Great! His clothes also fit very good to him. (also tried drawing Jag, but couldn't decide what he should wear)

It was very difficult to put clothes on him. *sigh* Oh, well! LOL!! Thanks, Chilla.

Darth_Snuggle:

Wonderful work Oldjedinurse, you definitely have a great understanding of facial structure. Can't wait to see more from you

Thank you very much, Snuggle. I suppose the information from all those anatomy classes is still rattling around my brain somewhere!

Fels:

He's looking good.

Thanks, I appreciate that. He won't be everyone's mental image of Jag Fel, but he's one possibility.

This Jag is almost finished. Thanks to everyone for their concrit and wonderful suggestions!

oldj

5. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
  6. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    YES!!!

SCRUFFY JAG!!!! hahaha.... (no more starbucks for me...)8-}

***P.S.-good job by the way...

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice sketch of "Scruffy Jag," oldj! I like this one a lot: the more severe shading you've used gives the entire thing a "darker" feel, and his pensive expression suggests he's having some "dark" thoughts as well... (about Joiner Jaina, perhaps...? :( ) The raggedy hair is very well done, and the way you've "grown" it out of the scar is very realistic. A nice, expressive piece! I'll be curious to see your next take on this!

FF

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Very nicely done. The scar is nicely detailed. Love the hair.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo, scruff is good! :D

Very nice rendering here. His expression leads me to believe that there's something deeper going on and that his "scruffy" appearance just isn't to attract the ladies. :p This was handled very well. Nice job! :)

10. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
  11. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay, you finished the Jag portrait! :D

I think this is one of your more successful pieces. It really exhibits a lot of talent those tweaks helped it turn into an awesome drawing. Excellent job! I hope you continue! =D=

13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Yes, really great.
    Can't wait to see more of your work!

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very, very nice oldj! This is a wonderful piece, and I agree with HS29 that the "tweaks" definitely added to the finished drawing! One of the things that really strikes me about this is the way you've given some "height" to his hairline with the shading--it really gives the hair realism and volume, like it isn't "plastered" to his head! Very nice. And I'm still loving that little "smirk" he's got going there--no wonder Jaina fell! ;) :p A beautiful job!

FF

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Like the final product. Looks like he is giving the small smile. Great job!

16. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    O this is one of my favorites!! I really like it. He looks very Jag-like (which I suppose is what you're going for due to the fact that he's Jag.)

this was beautiful OJN. He really turned out nice!!

17. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    I didn't see the replies... silly me

thats the thing... it WAS decaf.

18. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Great artwork!!!!

The scruffy Jag looks a little bit stoned :p

19. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
  20. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    shes absolutly beautiful. The first thing that stood out to me was her eyes...

I always have this youthful version of her (like when she first got married or something) but in this picture it really looks timeframe correct. I do have one seuggestion. Her eyes are very dark and if I recall correctly, she has blue eyes. Try taking an eraser and just lightly go inside the iris. Not so it's white but so it looks lighter. It gives the impression of grey/blue eyes I've found.

great job OJN!!

21. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
  22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to see you back, oldj! :D

And wow, you sure don't disappoint! I love what you did here for this Syal portrait. She looks so life-like - from her facial features to the individual strands in her hair and her clothing. In fact, she reminds me of someone I know in RL but I can't put my finger on it. :p

You should be very proud of this one and the image of Soontir and Syal together fits perfectly!

23. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks a lot! I've been so busy with work that my time has been limited, but I have several more drawings I hope to accomplish soon.

I'm so glad that you like Syal. She's one of my favorites and I am very pleased with the way her portrait turned out. With some helpful nudges from goddess45 and my friend, Lola64, the finished product is pretty much exactly what I was aiming for.

Wedge is next...

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I, too, love the portrait of Syal! =D= The detailing in it is just beautiful--the hair, the clothing...the eyes are riveting... Beautiful job oldj! And putting her together with the Baron is a great idea, too--it looks like a book cover to me! I love that she's smiling so warmly--I don't usually do smiling pictures (absolutely hate drawing teeth! lol!), so seeing characters smiling is always a wonderful treat! Another lovely piece!

FF

25. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks, FF! I don't actually like the smiling-teeth factor either, but this time I took a chance and it turned out okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.