main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events Olympic Fan Fiction Thread: 2016 EUC/SWC Olympics, Medals Awarded!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Participants:

Snokers -EUC
    Anedon -EUC
    s_heffley -EUC
    Runjedirun -EUC
    The Vanguard -EUC
    SatineNaberrie -SWC
    Lady Belligerent -SWC
    Millennium Falcon888 -SWC
    Moonspun Dragon -SWC

Our largest event. Please post an original Star Wars FanFiction of your own creation in this thread. The story may be anything you desire (compliant with board rules and the TOS) that takes place in the Star Wars Universe (Legends is also acceptable). One post per participant, so make sure your story is completed within that one post. There is no word limit, but as each story must be self contained in one post please make sure it isn't so long as to lose our attention. :p You have two weeks from this point to post your story. We have a panel of moderators to judge each story and determine our medalists. Likes will not be taken into account in the voting.

2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Cirdan couldn’t believe how fast the mercenary could run, what with all the armor he wore. The Jedi disabled Durk’s jetpack and presumed he had his man – he was wrong. To make matters worse, the jungle floor was not an easy place to run and the air was thick from the nearby spring water-pits. The Mandalorian cut through some brush into the open as Cirdan focused on closing the gap; suddenly a blaster bolt zipped down from the nearby ridge striking Durk in between his armor plates on his back left calf muscle. He tumbled and slammed into the ground, sliding another two feet near some trees as he grunted in pain.

Cirdan rolled, taking cover behind a nearby slope before the brush opening; he thought about his lightsaber but realized he would only give away his position. The sun was almost set and the twilight sky set in above. The Jedi began weighing his options. If he went after the shooter he would risk losing the only lead he had for his investigation, but with Durk now immobilized without his leg or jetpack, it was a risk he had to take. He checked on Durk who was still on the ground as he speedily backed around and up to the ridge. He reached out with the force, sensing a lifeform but unable to pin the location. From his vantage point he could see the mercenary had crawled and took cover behind the nearest tree. The trunks of the forest planet’s surface were thick and wide, enough to provide cover for a small squad. Cirdan watched as the Mandalorian pulled out a bacta stimulant and jammed it into his leg, speeding up the healing process. He didn’t like stims, they interfered with his ability to sense others kinetically, and as a Lorrdian that meant everything. That - and he didn’t like needles. Cirdan had been investigating the lead into the disappearance of the planet's Prime Minister for 9 months now with little success. The Jedi Council was ready to pull him from the case by the solar year's end if he couldn't dig anything up. This was his chance to redeem his family name and solve the mystery behind the disappearance.
    He came back to the moment, scanning the last known area where the blaster shot came from and headed in that direction. The sun was set now and twighlight was in full effect, causing the shadows cast by the trees to disappear and his eyes to adjust. Using the force he kept his steps light and fast, so as to keep the element of surprise. He was close now, he could sense it.

A second blaster bolt split the air as it thundered towards the tree that Durk was taking cover behind; splintered pieces of wood flew everywhere. Cirdan, seeing the shot come from a cluster of trees 12 meters away, seized the moment. He slowed his pace to a steady glide and used the force to call his lightsaber to his hand. Keeping his eyes focused on the grouping of trees for any movement, he exploded into the foliage- igniting his lightsaber and morphing into a combat stance.
    The Jedi Knight hesitated for a moment when he found the perch nest empty. Before him the dirt line formed a natural resting point for a presumed rifle and the soil was disturbed by a being no more than 1.7 meters in length. Someone was here. The green light from his weapon cast a strong shadow on his face.

Suddenly the force went set off an alarm within him and within a split second he spun around, cocking his lightsaber vertically to his left side to catch the Vibroblade of the assailant who attacked him. It was a Noghri, shorter than the average human but not by much. The Noghri race were known to have incredibly fast reflexes.
    CIrdan deflected and countered, slashing overhead. The Noghri dodged with great agility. The assailant attacked again, using both of his greyish arms to cut the Jedi in half at the waist. Ciran deflected again and countered, trying to use leverage with his weapon to disable the Noghri.

“Too slow, Jedi!” the Noghri snarled.

“Who sent you?” Cirdan demanded as he side-stepped towards the valley, swinging his lightsaber in an uppercut, hoping to open up the assassin’s guard.

“No matter,” he spat. “You won’t live long enough to make use of that information.”

The Noghri blocked the uppercut while keeping his stance square with the Jedi. Cirdan eyes poured over the Noghri, using his natural abilities to read every nuance and body language of the creature for information.

“Who sent you?” –Cirdan kept his tone cool and his emotions in check.

“You’re standing between me and my prey, not a wise decision for a Jedi.” -the beast retorted.

A bright flash lit up the area as an explosion erupted from down the hill near Durk’s position. The Nohgri had already exploited the situation within the blink of an eye by charging the distracted Jedi, who lifted his lightsaber just in time to catch the assassin’s blade once more who swung with one hand. Using the force along with his lightsaber, Cirdan countered-striking perpendicular to the Vibroblade, knocking it from the hunter's hand and into the brush nearby. The Noghri snarled as he beat his chest. Cirdan was hitting his stride and felt the force flowing through him. Without hesitation, he cocked back his open hand and channeled the force into a blast strong enough to sway an adult tree. With one quick motion he threw his hand forward, hurling the Noghri from his feet and slamming him into the tree behind. Subsequently Cirdan leaped and landed atop of his downed adversary. The Jedi held his lightsaber to his opponent's throat.

“Who sent you?!” Cirdan's tone was more forceful now, he was losing his patience.

“Finish me Jedi. You will get nothing from me.”

“But you’ve already told me everything I need to know. Your body language speaks while your mouth is silent. Thank you for your cooperation. “

For the first time the Noghri’s facial expression changed, albeit slightly. He didn’t know whether to believe the Jedi or not. He kept his body still, clearly not wanting to lose his life as the green lightsaber loomed over his throat. Cirdan retracted his lightsaber as he stood up and back away from the assassin. With a stern and commanding voice he said, “Leave this place, and return to your master. Tell him he is discovered and has nowhere left to hide.”
    Without a word the creature limped off into the brush and vanished.

Cirdan looked down at the charred location from where the explosion came, pocket fires surrounding the blast area lit up the valley.
    That blast seemed to have been centered on Durk’s last known location. he thought to himself.
    He couldn’t sense the Mandalorian’s life form below and night had fully set in now. Cirdan was running out of time.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
    (Not sure if the rules meant we had to use existing characters, because everyone in this story is made up. If so, sorry!)

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    A hand full dust
    The AT-TE moved slowly forward and with every step the links creaked louder. The sound filled the hot dry air and echoed through Grenn Santor's mind. Sweat ran over the body of the Jedi knight despite the efforts of his amour to cool him. He had taken off his helmet and now he constantly wiped the sweat from his forehead to prevent it from running into his eyes. Santor asked himself how the clones were dealing with the situation, when he looked at them they were still marching forward without any signs of exhausting. The Jedi had stopped marching a while ago and now he stood atop of the AT-TE and started at the horizon. He couldn´t see anything there, even when he used his electrobinoculars. Nothing laid before them, just this endless desert. But it is the place. He knew they were coming closer to it with every step of the walker underneath him. He had known it since they had entered this part of the wild space, when he closed his eyes he could feel it. It was calling him. Santor wiped his hand once again over his forehead, he thought about putting his helmet back on but he hated wearing it. He wanted to see his surroundings with his own eyes, he wanted to feel the wind on his skin and listen to the words it whispered. The creaking became louder and the Jedi wondered how long the walker would be able to continue this way through the desert.

The three suns that shined over the planet were floating down in the west when Santor finally demanded a rest. The walker stopped and with it the creaking. Santor climbed down and landed on the pale sand. The clones had also stopped their march and stood before him like statues. "At ease soldiers," he told them and the clones left their formation. He commanded fifty soldiers but given the efficiency in which they built the camp he felt it more like two hundred. After the small camp stood around the walker one of the soldiers, an officer approached him and took his helmet off. The name "Smiler" was printed on his white chest plate. "Sir, the scouts have seen nothing in this direction, are you sure we will find it there?" Santor saw the doubts on the face of the clone, he was born to follow orders but this time he didn´t understand them. "I will meditate about it." He told the soldier, "Maybe I will find out more this time." He saw how the doubts in the dark haired face grew. The clones didn´t know much about the force and how Jedi could use it outside of combat. Smiler saluted: "Understood Sir." Santor gave him a smile: "Good. We should stay on guard out here, but I guess your men deserve a little rest." The officer saluted again and left. Santor threw a few looks around him, some of the clones were standing guard at the edges of the camp, while a mechanic worked on one of the walkers legs. The Jedi sat down in the middle of the camp and closed his eyes. He ignored the noises around him and began his meditation. He felt the clones everywhere around him and while he searched further he felt the little creatures that lived in this desert, he felt how they became more active as the night gathered around them. But he concentrated on the other influence he felt, another presence in the force. The presence of his best friend, the woman the council had ordered him to hunt down.

Grenn felt very insecure as he sat down at the long table in the Jedi temple. Everywhere around him sat Jedi from all species and in all ages together and enjoyed their lunch, but he was alone. It was his first day at the temple, only a week before he was just a normal boy on corellia but then the Jedi had taken him away from his parents. He missed them, he missed his home and he missed his old grandfather who had often told him stories about the galaxy. Here he knew no one. "Can I sit beside you?" Someone asked him, he looked up. A girl stood beside him a tablet in her hands. She was as old as he was and she wore a similar Jedi robe. Grenn didn´t know what he should say. "Are you new?" She asked him. He nodded weakly. She sat down beside him: "Me too, they have brought me here a week ago." She smiled at him and once again Grenn didn´t know what he should do. "What is your name?" She asked him. "Grenn... Grenn Santor." He muttered. "I´m Mya, Mya Torin. I´m from Corusant and you?" "Corellia." He answered with a bit more confidence. "Have you ever met a smuggler there?" She asked curiously. "My grandfather has smuggled for most of his life, he told me about it." Her eyes lightened: "Can you tell me more about it?" Grenn started to tell her what his grandfather had told him and became more confident the more he told her. When the two children left the hall Grenn had found a friend in the temple.

Santor opened his eyes and left his meditations. He night had gathered around them and the single moon of the planet shined down on the soldiers. When he looked at his chrono he realized that hours had passed. he stood up and gave the clones a signal. They packed the camp as fast as they had build it and soon they continued their march. Santor walked beside the AT-TE and tried his best to ignore the creaking. Smiler was walking beside him: "Were you successful, Sir?" He asked the Jedi. Santor nodded slowly: "We are on the right way and we are coming closer." The clone saluted and continued his way. They marched for hours and the creaking became louder. Santor ordered a second break for the technician to check on the walker and for a while the sound was quieter after this. They marched further and the night grew old around them. Some when Santor climbed again on top of the walker to get a better sight of the territory but it didn´t change much.

Grenn's blue laserblade hit against Mya. The girl jumped back and Grenn stumbled forward while preparing his next attack. But his friend was quicker and swung her sword against his knees. Grenn barely managed to block her attack and she drove him back with her next figures. He tried to concentrate on her attacks but she was too quick. He felt how it became harder and harder for him to protect himself and he saw the confidence in her eyes. When he believed she had made a mistake in her attacks he drove his sword forwards, but instead of hitting her, she managed to hit his hand with her weapon. Pain floated through his body and Mya hold her lightsaber at his throat. Grenn deactivated his lightsaber and raised his hands. "I surrender." She smiled at him and deactivated her own weapon. "You will never beat me." She grinned. "Never say never." He laughed.

"Sir? The scouts have sighted something." Smiler walked beside the AT-TE and spoke to him. Santor looked in the direction the clone pointed at. There in the middle of the desert stood a city, built from a stone so pale as the sand surrounding it. It was a large city with towers that rose into the sky. In the east, the suns started slowly to rise above the horizon and spread their light over it. Santor stared at the city, he had never seen anything like this before, certainly not here in the desert. He had read about the legendary civilization that had lived here millions of years ago, but he hadn´t believed there was still something left of them. And he also felt the presence inside of the city. This was the place they were searching for, Mya was here.

Mya and Grenn kneeled side by side in the great chamber of the Jedi council. Both Padawans smiled at each other. This was a great day for them, they both would raise to become Jedi. After their last mission the council had decided, along with their masters that it was time. Now their masters stepped forward and rested their lightsabers on their padawans' shoulders. Grenn had never been so proud in his life and he knew that Mya felt the same.

They entered the city through the main gate, at watch and fearing an attack from every corner. The clones had drawn their blasters and pointed them in all directions. Santor walked before them his lightsaber raised. Mya was here, but she hid her presence from them. "We should split up and search for her." The Jedi ordered and the clones followed his advice. They formed groups of five men and then entered the side streets. Santor lead four clones through an ancient building. All the furniture that might have stood here had crumbled to dust a long time ago and only the wall remained. The group reached the room of the house and took a stone bridge to another. The city was huge and so labyrinthine that the Jedi soon realized that they could spend weeks here searching for a single woman. After hours of search Santor and the four clones held a short rest on top of one of the major buildings. The Jedi thought about using another mediation, when he saw something. Someone stood on top of the building right next to them. The Jedi stood up and took his lightsaber from his belt. He walked closer to the edge of their building to get a better look at the person but when he reached the edge the person had disappeared. He closed his eyes and looked for a second time. Nothing. He turned around to his men. The last of them broke down to his knees with a hole in his chest as Santor recognized what happened. "Hello Grenn, I´ve been waiting for you."

Grenn stood next to Mya as the corpse started to burn. His friend cried and he tried his best to calm her down but he fought against the tears himself. Other Jedi surrounded them, even some members of the council, they all had come to pay their respect. "He was my padawan." Mya muttered and Grenn felt how a tear ran over his face. "He was a hero." He told her. She shook her head: "He was just a child, and they sent him into a war." She looked at the members of the council. "It's their fault he is dead." "He gave his life for the republic." Grenn assured her. "For corrupt politicians you mean? His death was senseless, he deserved better." Mya cried even harder. "He knew the risks." She shoved him away: "The council has sent him to his death to protect a failed state. That´s all. "

Mya stood over the corpses of the four clones and grinned at him: "They have sent you to kill me? Like they killed my padawan." Santor raised his lightsaber: "His death wasn´t their fault. But you have murdered two Jedi." She shrugged: "Why should I care for them?" Santor felt sadness inside him, but he had a mission. "I give you one chance to surrender." Then he continued in a softer voice: "Please come back. We need you." Mya laughed about this. "They would never trust me again." Santor raised his lightsaber: "Please I don´t want to fight against you." "We never get what we want." Her first hit came so quickly he could barely react, he jumped back and she followed him. She was stronger than him, she had always been. He blocked her next few attacks but he knew he didn´t stand a chance. Mya drove him closer and closer to the edge of the building and Santor wasn´t able to withstand her attacks. When they had reached the edge he started a last desperate attempt to drive her back. He saw a mistake in her defense and used it. He screamed as her blade cut off his sword arm. "You always fall for this one." She smiled and Santor broke onto his knees as the pain floated through his mind and body. He tried to reach for his lightsaber in the force as she placed her blade at his throat. "You will never beat me." He activated his lightsaber with his left hand. "Never say never." he muttered as the blade cut through her chest. Mya looked at it in disbelief and collapsed into his arms. He deactivated his weapon and held her with his left arm. Tears filled his eyes and landed on her face as she died.

Grenn didn´t know how long he had sat over her lifeless body when the other clones found him. He just sat there and cried over the woman he had killed. Later when they burned her body he stared at the corpse of his best friend like she had stared at her padawan. He didn´t feel any sign of pride for his victory, he only felt guilt and sadness. He cursed the war that had come to the galaxy and what it had done to the Jedi. He wished it had never started, he wished he had never become a Jedi himself. When the flames reached into the sky he started to cry again. I´m with my padawan now. He raised his head because he believed Mya had spoken to him. But he wasn´t sure. When the fire had burned down Santor lead his men out of the city back to the wars in the galaxy. And all that remained from the woman who had been his best friend for over forty years was a hand full dust.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Bedtime Stories

Four-year-old Princess Leia was the charming, and precocious, daughter of Queen Breha Organa and her husband Bail. She was growing up in the splendor of a palace, with doting servants, and anything a little Princess could ever want. Anyone who wasn't close to the Royal Family might think she would be spoiled, but it was entirely the opposite. She was kind and caring to all, and she never treated her playmates poorly. In fact she often spoke seriously with them, asking if they were well, and how their families fared.

One day Queen Breha was sitting in the garden with her ladies-in-waiting who often brought their children to come and play with Princess Leia. She noticed the women exchanging looks, as if they were hesitant to speak up. "Ladies? Is there something amiss? I hope you know that you are all my most trusted companions and if you have something to discuss, please don't hesitate." She smiled gently and thought how unusual they should be acting this way, was there really a problem she wasn't aware of?

Esther, feeling like she had drawn the short straw, spoke up, "Milady, it's just...," The Queen reached out and took Esther's hand and squeezed gently, "My dear, we've been friends since we were the age our own children are now. Speak to me, goodness this must be something terrible."

"Oh, no Milady, it's not terrible. We..." she gestured with her free hand to the other seated women, "we are concerned about Princess Leia." Her voice had softened to a whisper as she saw the Queen's expression grow shocked. "It's just," Esther was practically stammering, "she tells the other children some very extraordinary and odd stories."

"Odd?" Queen Breha questioned, "I don't understand, what do you mean she tells them odd stories?"

"Let me explain, Your Highness," Esther took a breath, "Leia is so precious, and she seems to love entertaining and storytelling. We are just a bit concerned about the subject of her tales. They aren't normal bedtime stories, and she's been telling them of epic battle scenes, Milady. One was a very detailed lightsaber duel on a far away molten planet. She described a lovely lady unconscious on the ground while two Jedi battle each other."

The other women, finally more comfortable with the discussion, added in details of stories their children had repeated. "A vicious battle in an arena where heroes were chained to large posts for creatures to devour."

"A trek with a Queen through a green forest and into a palace to free a city," one blurted out. "But that could be true of any fairy tale, right?" Queen Breha asked with a small smile. "No, Milady, she described thousands of battle droids and great mechanical weapons and how they were defeated by some Gungans," the lady-in-waiting smiled shyly. The little group giggled at the thought. "There was one of Coruscant being under attack. Ships were everywhere, Jedi were in their fighters and trying to save the Chancellor who had been kidnapped."

"But, the worst was one of a dark and hateful man, he ordered the execution of all the Jedi. The Jedi Temple was raided and wrecked. Their troopers turned on them and murdered them in cold blood, my little Ollie had nightmares for 3 nights after hearing the tale."

"I see," the Queen said thoughtfully. She glanced over to a small table where the children were seated, they had plates of treats and tiny cups. But their faces were serious and they seemed to be completely enthralled by her Leia. She was standing and waving her arms, making lively gestures as she spoke.

"So, Milady, see why we're concerned?" Esther's voice was soft because she loved the Queen, and would never hurt her or the little Princess.

"I shall discuss these concerns with my husband this evening," Breha smiled at the women, "and thank you for coming to me. I'm sure she's been playing in Bail's office during meetings and overheard their discussions. Now, tell me about the fashion show coming up, I think it will be a huge fundraiser for the children's medical center."

Later...

Most evenings, Breha and Bail would retire to their sitting room after dinner to relax. The Queen was stitching on an ornate tapestry that would be sold in a charity auction, while her husband read news bulletins and chatted about happenings around the palace.

"Bail, Esther and the others mentioned that Leia was telling the other children some interesting stories." She repeated the details of the stories their tiny daughter had been spreading to her playmates. Bail shook his head and took his wife's hand in his. "My darling, I've never allowed her in the office when she could have been exposed to any of those tales. We know she has a very impressive imagination, please don't let this concern you," he reassured the Queen.

Just as he had stopped speaking, there was a light tap at the door, and then a flash of bare feet, tussled hair and pink lace bound into his arms. "Ready for bed are we?" Bail asked as he laughed and hugged his daughter, "Give your mother a kiss and let's tuck you in," he set her down and she ran to Breha. "G'night momma," she said sweetly as her mother held her close. "Rest well my darling girl. What story is daddy telling you tonight?" Leia looked thoughtfully at her mother and then giggled, "The Very Hungry Bantha!" Bail pretended to groan and asked, "Again?" All three laughed as he picked up Leia and took her to the nursery.

After she was settled into her bed, with a glass a water on the table nearby, Bail sat beside Leia and read her favorite story. She was yawning and rubbing her eyes before he was halfway into the book, by the time he finished it her eyes were closed. He laid the book aside and adjusted her quilts, "Goodnight Princess," he whispered and stepped out of the room. Their faithful droid R2D2 was sitting outside the door as he always did at night. "The Princess is in your care for the night Artoo," Bail said quietly and walked off towards his chambers. Artoo beeped a soft acknowledgement and rolled quietly into the room, he closed the door and crossed to her bedside.

The Princess popped up in bed and reached over to pat the dome of the droid, "I thought he'd never get done! Now tell me a real bedtime story, Artoo."

His holoprojector lit up and Artoo began a story of a beautiful Queen at the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace on Tatooine. He showed vids of the cheering crowds and the daredevil racers, with a young hero who won the race and the Jedi that won the boy his freedom from slavery. Before long the little Princess was sound asleep, and Artoo stopped the replay, and filed the holo back into his archives. He rolled over near the door and went into a security mode for the night, as he did every single night to guard his Princess.

The End.

5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It was a beautiful sunny morning. Wedge Antilles woke up, poured his caf and powered up his data pad. He began to read through the morning news as he planned his day. Perhaps a walk in the park with his grandchildren. He took a bite of a pastry as he skimmed the headlines. Suddenly his demeanor dampened. He may be retired, but he had to work today. Conveniently, he had forgotten.

Wedge was the most famous fighter pilot in the Galaxy. Retired or not he was still called on for appearances. Today he and his three best friends had been asked to participate in opening day of an up and coming sporting event.

When called upon for the appearance Wedge had argued that anybody could get in an X-wing and fly over a stadium. The organizers of the event were relentless and offered a hefty appearance fee, reluctantly Wedge agreed. The game was known as Bolo-Ball and was popular enough, but now in the interest of making the game more appealing to the general public it was given a new name. Limmie it was to be called.

Wedge believed the game to be barbaric still. Beings literally tackling each other to the ground, fighting for control of a round object and trying to get it into a goal. In peace times though people needed entertainment and this was the next greatest idea to bring people out to stadiums. Besides Wedge had never been much of an athlete. This was the closest he would ever get to appearing on an athletic field. He could finally put those days of being picked last in gym class behind him, he though as he sipped that last grainy sip of caf out of his mug.

Later that day he found himself in the hanger with Tycho, Wes and Hobbie. Minus the grey hairs it was just like old times.

“So what exactly is a flyover boss?” Wes Janson asked.

“It means we get in our fighters, take off, get into formation, fly over the stadium and land our fighters.”

“That’s all?” Jason asked. “People expect more from the best fighter pilots in the Galaxy,” Janson’s expression grew mischievous and Wedge cringed inwardly. “How about I graze Klivian with a torpedo? Make his engines smoke a little. Give the people a thrill.”

Hobbie gave Janson an evil glare. “You shoot me and I shoot back.”

“No one is shooting at anyone,” Wedge declared. “The weapons will not be operational.”

“Why not? What’s fun about a fighter without weapons?” Janson wanted to know.

“This isn’t about fun!” Wedge said exasperated. “Well it was supposed to be fun, but you’re taking the fun out.”

“No, I’m trying to add fun,” Janson argued.

“I don’t mean to interrupt,” Tycho said speaking up for the first time. “But if we don’t mount up the kick off will be delayed.”

Wedge climbed up his ladder to his cockpit, trying to ignore the pain in his knee joints. The cockpit felt good when he got there. He placed his helmet on and warmed the engines. “Game Day squadron report,” he said into his head set.

“Game Day 2 ready for lift off,” Tycho said obediently.

“Game Day 3 ready for action,” Jason said.

“Game Day 4 let’s get this over with,” Hobbie grumbled.

“Permission to speak freely,” Hobbie’s voice came over the com shortly after lift-off.

“Go ahead Game Day 4,” Wedge replied.

“Can we stop with the call signs, they sound stupid.”

The squadron was approaching the stadium now. “Hold steady Game Day Squadron,” Wedge ordered. “I’ll let you know when they give the signal.”

“We have to wait for a signal,” Janson groaned.

“Quit the chatter Game Day 3,” Wedge said dryly.

“Very funny,” Janson griped.

“Form up!” Wedge called as a light went on in his cockpit indicating that the crowd was waiting for them.

The fab four as they were known in their heyday lined up and flew in perfect formation over the stadium. Their cockpits remained silent. Down below the crowd roared. Suddenly Janson pulled a U-turn and flew over again, this time rolling his fighter. “Woo Hoo!” Could be heard over the comm.

“Game Day 3!” Wedge said sternly. “That was not part of the plan."

“The plan was boring,” Janson quipped. “Besides I’m sure the crowd loved it. Let’s see what you got old man.”

“I am not an old man,” Wedge argued.

“Prove it,” came the challenge.

“You know better Wedge,” came Tycho’s warning.

It was too late. Wedge was already speeding up his engines. He looped the fighter in the air like a roller coaster at a theme park. An unfamiliar joyful “Whoop” escaping his lips.

Janson and Wedge flew over the stadium several more times while Tycho and Hobbie hovered nearby. Their antics were cut short only because the fighters were low on fuel. “How is that possible?” Janson asked. “We just took off.”

“Someone on the ground was probably wise enough to know something like this might happen,” Hobbie deadpanned.

“Regroup Game Day Squadron. Back in formation.” Wedge ordered, all business.

As the four retired fighter pilots were removing their gloves and helmets in the hanger an official came over. “Congratulations gentlemen,” he began. “The crowd loved the performance. I’d like to extend your one time appearance to an all season contract.”

“See what you did?” Hobbie complained.

The End.

6. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Found Hope

Everything was gone and in ashes. His life. His family. His freedom. Even His dreams. Everything. Everything, that is, except his memories

He remembered everything he had lost. He remembered his life before the war. He remembered the dreams he had had of making everything perfect in an imperfect universe. He had wanted wanted to make everything better. Instead, he helped make it worse.

He realized his mistake far too late. He had destroyed everything he had wanted. He had spent far too long swimming in his grief and bitterness. He realized who his true enemy was.

So now, in his chamber, Darth Vader began to plot his revenge.

With the help of his unfortunate spies, he had learned the name of the Rebel pilot who had destroyed the Death Star. For once, Vader was thankful for the mask that covered his face. He knew his expression couldn't conceal the violent shock of surprise that had flooded him.

Palpatine had lied. Padmé had survived long enough to give birth to his son.

His son who is now grown, allied with the Empire's enemies, and responsible for the delay in the Emperor's plans.

Vader wasn't worried about the plans. They would return to schedule soon enough. He wasn't worried about the boy, either. The Jedi and Kenobi were dead. There was no one left to teach him the ways of the Jedi. There was only one path left. It was only a question of when.

Darth Vader began to dream again. Learning his son was alive and strong in the Force, gave him something he had not had for a long time. Hope.

He would turn his son into his ally, destroy the Emporer, and together, they would remake the universe as they saw fit.

With a plan of vengeance taking shape, Darth Vader smiled.

End​

7. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Tales from the Satine Kryze Saga

“Get up, Hurry!”, the Duchess shouted.

Satine awoke suddenly to see her mother in her bedroom doorway, worry was in her eyes and urgency in voice.

“What’s going on?”, the teenage girl asked, frightened as she started getting up. She heard shouts echoing down the hall.

“We’re under attack, we have to go now!”, her mother replied quickly, rushing forward she grabbed her daughter’s arm and pulled her out into the hall, in an effort to get her eldest daughter to more faster.There was no time to lose. A pair of armored guards accompanied the Duchess, their weapons at the ready.

Satine’s younger sister, Bo-Katan, was rushed out of the next room and into the hall by the guard who had awoken her.

The group moved with haste though the dark halls, their only light shone through the glass windows from the moon. Guards and servants rushed throughout the palace carrying out their duty to the house they served.

Satine felt her heart skip a beat as she heard blaster fire outside. More shouts came. The noise outside became increasingly louder as they moved through the palace and it frightened her. Though the current civil unrest on her planet had been going on for sometime it had never been so close to the palace.

“Where’s papa?”, Bo-Katan asked.

“He’s out fighting with the soldiers.” Their mother answered with urgency in her tone.

Satine’s worry increased, she wanted her father to be with them more than ever. Einar Kryze was respected by many soldiers in Mandalorian army.He would not have his men fight a battle he was not willing to fight himself. Those that served the house of Kryze were loyal and would fight to the end for the clan and in return for such loyalty he’d fight for them.

Taken by surprise by the insurgents attack, he wasted no time in rallying a defense while his wife, Frey lead their daughters away. The rebellion lead by traitorous clans with little honor were out to destroy the house of Kryze. Her father would die defending his house and that was what Satine feared.

The guards lead them in haste down a staircase. She could hear the sound of glass shatter, followed by a loud bang that shook the walls.

They were soon lead to a cellar under the kitchen and through a dark ancient looking stone passage Satine had never been in. A small light held by one of the guards light the way.
    The rocky passage hurt her bare feet and felt cold, but Satine didn’t slow.She and her sister hadn’t been given time to dress properly for a journey.They wore only their nightclothes.
    Frey and Einar had been caught so unaware and unprepared.

Einar had just come back from a series of battles against the rebellion to see his family. It had only seemed like a matter of time before his enemies were crushed, but that was a deception.

Like her husband, Frey had wasted no time trying to get their daughters away.The Mandalorian woman acted fast with little thought for comfort. They could deal with the elements. She wasn't one to shy away from discomfort. She didn’t stop to grab any trinkets or save any heirlooms like some other royals would have.

The passage had turned and it felt as if they were going down hill. Satine wondered what was happening back at the palace and what was going to happen. Was her father still alive? Would they survive? Would the insurgents take over?

At the end of the passage they came out of the side of a cliff near a heavily wooded area.

Satine stopped and looked around.Looking up to the east she could see part of the palace burning. The orange flames glowed bright in the darkness as they ate away their now former home. She could hear the sounds of death and battle ring out into the night. The battle cries of warriors and dying screams of men. Tears ran down her eyes, as she thought of her father, but she was not given much respite. Urged on by her mother the group moved through the woods into cold night. It felt like a nightmare.

This was the beginning of her sorrows and the great devastation soon to follow.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    A reminder to those that haven't yet posted their stories that you have until the end of today to do so!

Well it looks like we have some excellent entries here. Wonderful to see and thanks to those that participated. Now we await the judging.

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

"Ah yes, that was a wonderful bed time story, a favorite of mine really. Though now we have these stories here which have been added to the ranks of my favorites. This is the Fan Fiction Olympic Medal ceremony, and I am your host, your Chancellor, your Emperor. Sheev (yes I hate my parents for that, why do you think I turned to the dark side in the firstplace?) Palpatine as as a wonderful spinner of yarns, and yes the originator few lies and other creative truths here and there, I will be presenting the Medals to three outstanding entrants. This was the Olympics most popular event, made so by me, and with so many talented entries I am sure you all are looking forward to the results. You have all done well, but there can be only three Medals awarded."

"Your Medalists are..."

Bronze: Bronze: Runjedirun, for her Untitled Pilot Fic. She will be granted three days of red VIP colors and custom title!

[​IMG]

Silver: Lady Belligerent for her Bedtime Stories. Enjoy your five days of red VIP colors and custom title!

[​IMG]

And now for the Gold medal winner, come forward and receive your prize...

[​IMG]

Gold: Anedon and his A Hand Full of Dust. You'll be contacted shortly about your week of custom colors!

To all of you...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I'm so honored by the outcome. :)

Everyone did an amazing job, congratulations to all of you.

*Can't restrain himself any longer and freaks out*

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Congratulations to everyone! Way to go Anedon!!

The Vanguard, Anedon and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  12. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I enjoyed reading everyone's stories, congrats all! =D=

13. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    You really dove into the character Anedon ! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your piece, the award is well deserved!

14. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Bardan_Jusik, The Vanguard and Anedon like this.
  15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thank you so much guys. :)

16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Same to you! [:D]

Bardan_Jusik and The Vanguard like this.
  18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Same you two Lady Belligerent and Runjedirun. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.