main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Omega (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2021.

1. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Agreed.
    But here goes my 2 cents.
    The first thing about this character that i find curious is her EARTHLY name.
    Omega, the last letter of Greek alphabet, has a very peculiar and knowledgeable meaning from a culturaal POV. It means the end of the journey, the completion, the closure the top level you can reach , the reckoning.
    I found curious this "choice of name".
    In Marvel lore the most powerful mutant, is called Omega Level.
    In the Book of Revelations , God calls Himself both alpha and omega, meaning the begining and the end.
    So if the resoning of her name is based on the commom EARTHLY meaning of the word we can guess that either:

1- She the last clone, the end of the line;
    2 - She´s the definitive clone;
    3 -The Kaminoans reached the highest level of cloning perfection with her;
    4- Maybe she represents the true goal of the cloning and her creation means the entire "project" has peaked and reached its goal
    5 - she's superior to every clone before her.

Or it was just a very poor naming choice.
    Anyway i don't think her creation is an accident ( a woman after millions of exclusevely male clones from the same donor, how awkward this sound ?) and how i pointed in Ep. 2 thread, the entire ordeal of setting her to meet the Bad Batch in the same cell and then her "scape" with them seemed to me more of a set up of the Kaminoans.
    And even, for plot twist extravaganza, something that maybe even Tarkin may be involved.
    In the end i think it would extremely surprising if this character is created this for this and never ever mentioned ever again or never to interact with any other character of the saga.
    The main problem i have is the possibility she "takes over" the show from the Bad Batch as Grogu basicly did with the first season of the Mandalorian.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The name is odd in sense, it kinda suggest a possible Alpha or maybe Alpha-17 is out there somewhere yet,lol. I don't know, the character comes across already as a type of "lonely Alpha ", the lacking ambition but is already set up to subvert the pecking order. We have all these "alpha-clones" quickly forming bonds with her and basically the plot surrounds these clones protecting a special child like we saw in The Mandalorian. She appears like she's some kinda empath-telepathic type, possible Force sensitive suggestive clone or been developed to mimic such abilities in part. The Clone Force 99 program already created superhumans by augmenting & manipulating their DNA, so she to be the next step in that process - and to go beyond them is the Force essentially.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @nilzo antonio

I definitely understand where you are coming from. I absolutely think Omega was made to be the perfect clone, but I also don't think Omega being popular with fans means she will take over the show. She is definitely central to it however.

Zoe Con likes this.
  4. Liked Omega more than Grogu

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep. Grogu literally can’t do anything well at least say anything or really move.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    *Ahem* How about using the Force (magic hand thing) to save people's lives on multiple occasions?

7. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Have Taika Waititi voice Grogu with a digitally-heightened pitch. The accent must be Omega's secret. (Kidding)

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Grogu's first words: "Hey bro!"

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I sent that to fast. Except use the force. Grogu is barely a character I am sorry to say. He’s a mcguffin that looks cute. Omega is also a mcguffin and is adorable like Grogu, but the major difference is Omega can actually have some say in the group and can have a character arc.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    There is the answer. Omega is really a Star Wars fan who got hit by a bus and won the Isakai jackpot and has been reincarnated as Omega. The things with stars in her eyes going to hyperspace and playing with dirt on an alien planet make her feel like an audience avatar. I like the way she's written where she has been sheltered all her life and is just filled with curiosity and wonder. But, none of that is annoying because she isn't really stupid. Come on, you want a stupid kid? Go watch the Younglings arc. Petro will give you what you're looking for.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Grogu has an arc. He’s a traumatized young Jedi who is slowly emerging from the repressed state he’s been in since Order 66. Using the Force to help those in need and learning to trust Din then finally letting go of this new family he’s found to follow the path of a Jedi. He’s finding himself again in the series just as much as Din is.

12. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Saw one youtube review that got a good catch: Omega knew about the inhibitor chip the clones had and was used by Sidious.
    I have watched Ep.2 twice and never really paid attention to this detail but if think about it's Very strange for a 5 years old janitor have such knowledge, since every other Jango clone had no idea about it.
    And clearly she didn't have the implant, unlike the rest of the Bad Batch wich implant was defective ( at least partially).
    Wasn't that an extremely well guarded secret ? Shouldn't her warned Hunter before ?
    And if she was just an "accident", just an defective Jango clone, shouldn't she had an implant also?

13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    She is actually never said to be a Janitor. She is said to be Nala Se's medical assistant.
    So that offers at least one possible explanation about how she came by that information.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Omega being a medical assistant means she could have been involved in stuff. We don't know where Omega was during Fives' adventure on Kamino seeing how she may be a mind reader. Really her being a mind reader is enough explanation, she could simply be feeling the inhibitor chips are there. Particularly seeing how Kamino is full of clones who have active chips now. Also, there is no proof she doesn't have her own inhibitor chip. It could activate and turn her into the queen of salt for all we know.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The bad batch have an inhibitor chip it just didn’t work

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wow that’s really good

18. Omega reminds me to Darth Zannah

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    That artist is amazing. All 6 of her Bad Batch members look incredible after being brought to life.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Tbh I like that fanart better than the real version. The real one doesn't make much sense; to a layperson, they'd likely never be able to tell you that she's in fact one of the clones. Would it have been that hard to maybe make a female version of the young Boba?

21. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Her attire, accent, and the setting (Kamino) are a good indication. And even if someone doesn't initially realize she's a clone, Tech clarifies it.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Her attire does not look that much different from the fatiges Refs wear when not in uniform. Just the color and tiara. I do think her hair and other attributes are recessive from Jango but all Tech confirms is she is a Clone. He could pull another isn't it obvious thing when it turns out she is a mix or her abilities come up. I Think the scene when she takes off the band will change meaning as plot advances. It's not clear if she is home sick, feeling rejected by Hunter, just shaken, or has a secret motive though I think she really is bonded with the crew. It's cute when she tells Uncle Tech his plan is good. Be interesting if he finds the headband left behind on the ship's dashboard.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  23. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Could it also be that the name "Omega" is a red herring and she's, in fact, the "first" perfect clone, the "first" force sensitive clone, etc. ?

Seerow likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    An interesting take on a force user depending on what she has been exposed to. She could be neutral. I think it works best if Omega is barely force sensitive so she can read minds and spy. I wonder if Shaak Ti knew she was there. Or if the Kaminoans kept her well away.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Zoe Con likes this.
  25. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020