main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OMG LUCAS ZOMG! (official confirmation) - Jon Stewart to inverview Lucas!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Dark Lady Mara, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    My reaction upon refreshing my inbox and seeing the email saying Lucas will appear at CV!! (I'm sorry, I hide behind a cynical veneer and pretend not to be a gushing fangirl, but deep down.... ZZOMG11 excitement wooooooo!!!!!!!11!)

Confirmation on the website

2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    So it's Confirmed!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

That's so wizard!!!

DL

3. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    I can see the torrential Orlando rainstorm that will fall on us before George's appearance. At least it shouldn't be as cold as it was in Indianapolis.

4. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Hah! Nothing can be as bad as that night was in Indy.

I'm pretty sure I'm excited about this. Always cool to get to see/hear The Maker. Just hope it doesn't cause such a disruption in everything already going on that it hurts the show overall. But at least they learned back in Indy what happens when he shows up and they should hopefully be able to plan accordingly.

5. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    AWESOME!!!!!

I was at the Chicago 30th Anniversary screening at the beginning of the month and someone there asked if he was going to be at Celebration 5 and he said he didn't know yet. Glad to see it's official!!

The link below is to back up the story

http://tweetphoto.com/21770907

6. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    At Celebration III, I decided to not wait out in the rain, so I missed out on seeing George Lucas. This time, I won't make that same mistake.

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Same here.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Me too, maybe this time it's my turn to see the Maker himself.

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I hope Uncle George comes to the Last Tour of Endor!

May 21, 1980 - May 21, 2010:

Happy Annniversary to "The Empire Strikes Back"!

:-B

10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
  11. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    I was at CIV and stood out in the freezing cold and blowing snow for 6+ hours to see Uncle George and while I was cold, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I don't think I'll have to worry about snow this time while standing in line, and boy will there be a line! The pic below wasn't to see Uncle George but the Saturday line at CIII. Now here's what will by my only rub with Uncle George being there. I had the chance to pick up the Jedi Master VIP tickets but passed because I couldn't justify the cost for the perks listed, if he is part of their Meet & Greet I'll beat myself silly with a Gaffi stick for being cheap!

[image=http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z22/JediEddy/Picture032.jpg]

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Man, am I a horrible fan in that I really am apathetic? :confused:

13. AnimeNut

May 17, 2002
    ^ Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a third tier of VIP tickets, one that trumps the other 2.

Call it... the Chosen One Package.

14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Nyaaaaah, not at all. George Lucas has done interviews before. He's probably said everything he has about SW.

Now, I could say the same thing about most of the actors, but they are professional entertainers. They'll make it interesting and fun. They want a laugh and to get a good review from the crowd.

Lucas is the guy working in the office. He may be the most authoritative and substantive guest you could possibly get when it comes to Star Wars, but that does not mean he has the best presentation ability or experience. That could matters a lot if a fan asks him a ridiculous question in a Q&A. A clever actor could get around that with a joke and a funny voice and move on. Lucas would be just like the rest of us and say, "What?" leading to an embarrassing pause for everyone.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very cool!

Definitely need to plan things out so that I won't miss this! :D

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  16. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    He just made the trip worth it. Up to this point, it was not worth it.

17. AnimeNut

May 17, 2002
    Only planning necessary is coming to terms with the fact that you WON'T be getting much sleep in your hotel bed the night before, if any at all. Either pull an all-nighter in line, or retire early the previous day and sleep through the dinner hours.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm used to that sort of thing anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem. [face_whistling]

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  19. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Lots and lots of energy drinks......

20. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I forsee the first ever blizzard in Orlando's history.

You've obviously never had to shift-work. Easy.

Besides which, I think the most sleep I got a night at CIV was about 4 hours.

21. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    As cool as that would be meeting him again, I do wish "Master Kershner" will be well enough to come after being too ill to attend Anaheim Comic Con this past April.

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well you can count me in among those who are excited and hoping to see GL, but I'm not going to go through something similar to the CIII lines for him. At CIII it was great to experience the rest of the con when everyone was in line for him, since that was about the only time when the lines for other things weren't so severe.

23. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    My friend got to george during CIII. She didn't even wait in line. She just happening to be walking around and someone handed her a bracelet to get in. I couldn't go CIII I was still healing after breaking my ankle earlier in the year.

Now I'm going to CV.. so excited that I might get a chance to see him.. Very cool. Now we need to get Mark Hamill to go.

24. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    I think we'd better start forming a line on Monday [face_thinking]

25. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I was sick the night before his talk at C3 and, therefore, missed his show. So I'm hoping (cross my fingers) that I will not be sick again. I really want to see him in person at least once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.