main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OMG - The World Has Survived Two Years of the RMFF!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    :eek: Well, folks, it?s been TWO YEARS! Can anyone believe it?

What has two years of FanForce brought?

A Marathon Road Trip to Indianapolis for Celebration II
    Sore thumbs and empty wallets from tremendous amounts of costuming and prop-making.
    Lots of expended energy searching for that elusive toy that you or one of your fellow collectors was in desperate need of.
    Raised money and awareness for the plights of the abused and abandoned children of Colorado through our various charitable projects.
    Created strong alliances between the other Star Wars groups in not only Colorado, but across the globe (Heck we even brought prosperity to the floundering Rebel Legion in Colorado! :p )
    But most importantly, we have shared in each other?s company and camaraderie over two years of movies, BBQ?s, camping, hiking, games and lots and lots of food.

FanForce may have been started by TheForce.net, but it is the people who not only keep it going, but expand on it?s beginnings to make these groups a part of their lives and take everyone they meet through it into their hearts. We have grown and learned; we have grieved and celebrated; we have loved and lost; we have been defeated and we have been victorious; we have licked our wounds and we have triumphed, but most of all we have shared a special relationship that began with a single commonality among us: Star Wars. And from that foundation we will continue to build and grow long after the franchise itself comes to a close.

To each and every one of you, thank you for two fantastic years of friendship and fanaticism. May the force be with you all, always?.

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    And we are still all alive, mostly!

3. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    :D

I would just like to say that even though I really don't participate anymore with the group for my own reasons that I'm so glad I met each and every one of you. . .

I appreciate all of the experiences with the group and the individual one as well. I hope the RMFF continues for many years and wish all the best. Thank you for dealing with my drama and b*tchiness that is me and I apologize for any wrongs I did against any of you. Can't believe a year has gone by and so much has changed. . .

well thanks and have fun

:D

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, Spike you are making me cry :_|

Same back to you too. Glad I meet you, & I miss you.

5. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Congradulations RMFF! May there be many more years of mayhem ahead.

6. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Mayhem... heh...heh...heh [face_devil]

7. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    boy time flies when you are trying not to empty a lazer blaster at somebody. [face_devil]

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    boy time flies when you are trying not to empty a lazer blaster at somebody. [face_devil]

9. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002

10. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    You can say that again? The boards are freaking out!!

11. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I remember way back when... lol seems so long ago but it wasn't that long. That first time I met with you guys

Obey Wann
    Darth Hair
    Sith Chick
    PtrsonsZoo
    Kit
    Grimby

were the only guys that were there I think (if I forgot someone I'm sorry!)

We all went to watch LOTR and hang out at D&B's, who knew that would be the "place" for the future? Hell who thought there'd be a 800% Increase in members too! I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but it's all you guys' fault for scheduling stuff when I'm busy!!!!! I'd really like to meet a lot of the newer members I haven't even seen before. Like at Josh and Kim's party, I wish I had gotten out of work earlier so I could get to know the people who I haven't met yet instead of a quick hello and goodbye :(

Some day I'll be able to come

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes, someday.

13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    i can hardly believe it's been that long. it's also hard to believe i've been posting on fan force since the ubb days in 1999. back then i think it was only like me, bill, sarah, dave, and a couple others.

*sigh*

here's to good times! and many more to come! :D

[image=http://grimby.tripod.com/images/fanforce/sfmeet2.jpg]

14. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    and to think in this picture we were the more normal people there. who remebers the over weight under dressed klingon or romulin . what ever it was it was just wrong. that was a good laugh that day.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    *sniff* :_|

Group hug everyone!!!!

It's meant alot to me to have such a cool group of friends that have the same intrests. I feel completely comfortable around all of you and I know that you all understand my particularly unique brand of humor, so I don't have to worry about sounding too wierd. ;)

Thanks for the good times guys!

16. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    It occured to me as I was reading this thread that this weekend marks the end of the first year since I started posting here... I first ventured onto our board last July 4th weekend, IIRC. Yikes.

17. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    happy birthday

18. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Two years of Fan Force, but 26 years with Wedge. WEDGE!

19. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Happy Anniversary T ! :)

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    *cheers for Wedge*

21. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    *sighs* we're old... :p :p :p