main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends On Broken Wings- OC's Complete! Author replies 6/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Pfft. Eitan could have taken Xan no problem. Wish he would too. That brat needs some sense kicked into him. :p

I think someone might have already said it, but Majid is going to have his work cut out for him. Can't wait for the next post! ;)

Shaindl

2. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hmmm... I really don't like Xan right now... he's a little brat...

:Targeter:

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kynstar What? What's starting? Now I'm all paranoid! [face_worried]

BrokenNose I agree. Xan is jealous. ;)

ts Thanks. :) I think a part of Xan did miss Eitan.

Altaira I had a friend like Xan in high school. It was always about her and how everything affected her life. :rolleyes:

Noi Eitan has been a brawler since he was a tot. :p

Birdy Xan just bats those long sooty lashes and all is forgiven. :D

PK Xan's his only friend. I guess he's determined to hang onto him no matter what he has to put up with. :(

flash Eitan likes having fans. ;)

Shaindl Master Majid is going to have his hands full with this one. :D

Targeter He's a bad Xan. :(

Enjoy Birdy! :)

Chapter Seven

Majid Ratan entered the Gardens, his steps feeling weighted as they carried him closer to the huge tree that stood secluded from the majority of the Garden. Pausing on the edge of the pebbled pathway, he tucked his hands into the folds of his robe and drew in a deep, cleansing breath as he took a moment to study the beauty that surrounded him. He knew himself well enough to admit that he was merely putting off the unavoidable. The decision facing him was not one to be taken lightly, no feelings of pity should ever should factor into a choosing.

Shutting his eyes, he once again wondered what he could possibly be thinking. He had reached the venerable age of sixty standard years without ever once feeling the call to choose an apprentice. The endless stream of younglings who?d walked through his classroom door over the years had satisfied any urge to focus his energy on one individual child. He received great joy in watching their faces light up as understanding dawned and a complex problem was finally solved. It was impossible for any one child to fill the void that would be left if he was forced to quit teaching.

Or so he kept trying to convince himself.

Releasing the deep breath, Master Majid forced himself to take the steps necessary to reach the tree. Careful to remain hidden behind a shrubbery, he studied the solitary figure that leaned back against the gnarled bark. Immersed in the book that lay open in his lap, the child?s brown features were creased in concentration. A small smile lifted the edges of Majid?s lips as he felt the unmistakable pull of the Force. It was urging him toward the child, cajoling him to accept the inevitable.

The will of the Force. What possible reason could it have to want to join him to this quiet and far too somber man-child? There had to be more capable, younger Jedi in the Temple who would make a much better mentor for one as complicated as young Delano. What good would an aged Jedi Master do for a child who so obviously had a tough path ahead of him? The Force currents that swirled around young Eitan spoke of the turbulence that boiled just below the surface. Without the proper guidance, it would be far too easy for the boy to lose his way and choose the wrong path. Surely that task would be better served by a much younger man, one who had the energy to keep up with the vigorous youth and all that entailed.

Studying the child before him, he felt the answers to his questions fill him with a sense of rightness. He could argue and protest until he was blue in the face, but it would do him no good. His reluctance was based solely on worries about his own worthiness and had nothing to do with the boy at all. There was no way he could allow himself to refuse the child out of fear. Something told him that if he didn?t accept the task willed to him by the Force, then no one would. Eitan Delano held too much promise to let it go to waste planting crops in Agri-Corps, as worthy a career as that was for a select few.

Filled with a sense of peace and calm, Majid nodded once before striding forward. As he climbed the small incline, the boy sensed his arrival and lifted his head. Surprise caused the midnight dark orbs to widen before long ebony lashes could sweep down to conceal

4. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    I love Master Majid! What a great character. Hope the old guy can keep up with the young whippersnapper. :p

Lovely post. I loved Majid's insecurities and how he kept trying to talk himself out of taking Eitan on. Wonderful job, OE!

Shaindl

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    With any great power comes great responsibility

Someone's been having a little too much fun with her Spiderman DVD... :p

Majid is such a gentle, pleasant person. Very much Anthony Hopkins. :D

6. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    "Excellent! Now my newly-chosen apprentice, time for your first lesson in helping your poor old mentor to his feet.?

lol! *giggles* That amused me greatly... :)

Nice post obi_ew! Eitain has a master!! :)

:Targeter:

7. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, yes, Anthony Hopkins! Good call, Jade! :D

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    That was Birdy's contribution. We'd been the watching "The Mask of Zorro" instead of doing homework. As usual. :p

So does this mean Antonio plays Xan in this story? [face_laugh]

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh I like Master Majid even more!! Another old foggie to add to the listing of liking! [face_love]

hehehe ahhh so that's where Eitan gets Kanoa for the other story you're doing ;)

Loved this! Totally enjoyed the inner musings of Master 'M' hehehe Majid is becoming an even more pleasure to read about! Great job!!

Yay!! [face_dancing] Eitan has been asked!!

10. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Studying the child before him, he felt the answers to his questions fill him with a sense of rightness. He could argue and protest until he was blue in the face, but it would do him no good. His reluctance was based solely on worries about his own worthiness and had nothing to do with the boy at all. There was no way he could allow himself to refuse the child out of fear. Something told him that if he didn?t accept the task willed to him by the Force, then no one would. Eitan Delano held too much promise to let it go to waste planting crops in Agri-Corps, as worthy a career as that was for a select few.

Very nice interaction between Majid and Eitan. An amazing story.

11. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Kanoa I just got shivers and I felt so sad when I read this o_e. The name he took in the darkness. I was wondering when I read that where he got that name. What a treat :D

Master Majid is just wonderful and you paint him so well, all the responsibilities and doubts when contemplating taking an apprentice on. Please more soon o_e [face_batting]

12. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Yay, Eitan was chosen. Did I mention before that I really like Master Majid? ;)

13. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Master Majid is no fogie Kynstar!

yay! fluff to hold me over! I loved the way he asked him OE...they make a good pairing. Awesome and Amazing.

Will look forward to this all break!

14. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Yeah! He asked him! :D Wonder what Xan will think about that? Especially after those hurtful things he said to Eitan, of course Xan's probably forgotten all about that.

More!

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Majid is really a lovely character. I wouldn't have minded him for a mentor at all. I like that he sees more to Eitan than others might.

Keep going.

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    very sweet.

Love Majid's dread of being strapped into the co-pilot's seat. I kept picturing the scene in EpII with poor Obi being tortured in the speeder.

17. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    It was very sweet to see the Master with the young Eitan. This story is simply incredible. I can't wait for more.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Majid seems like the perfect Master, and Eitan deserves only the best (even if he does get a little dark sider in the future!).

Another perfectly satisfying installment, it's like a great meal that somehow leaves me hungry for more. Congrats on the noms this beautiful story got you, Eitan is obviously a winner no matter what his age!

19. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Xan?s nonconforming gift is getting noticed by Majid. Good lead in on him and how others notice his differences before the fall. [face_devil]

Majid made a good decision accepting Eitan. Though a little thing, allowing Eitan to believe he was helping him up, it was nice but it may be starting Eitan?s protective nature. :) I do have a feeling Eitan will be very happy for awhile. :D

;) That was a very nice chapter. :)

20. Odd-Thomas

Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    Another excellent chapter! I like young Eitan. Master Majid is a very cool character as well.

21. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl I think Master Majid is tougher than he lets on. ;)

Jade Spiderman DVD? I have no idea what you're talking about. Those words came from my own fertile imagination. [face_batting]

Targeter I'm glad I amused you. :D

Kynstar Old foggie? Your kind of man hum? :p

BrokenNose [face_blush] Thank you!

ts It's fun going back and tying this to the other two fics. Can get confusing though. :D

Noi I'm tickled you guys are finding Majid enjoyable. :)

Birdy Is it time for you to come back yet? :_|

Bekah What will Xan think? [face_devil]

Diane I wish I had a Master Majid in my life. :(

PK My inspiration actually came from that AOTC scene. :D

LukesTheMan [face_blush] Incredible? Awwwww! Thanks!

VL The noms are lovely. It's such a thrill to create characters that readers enjoy almost as much as the canon ones. [face_love]

Altaira Eitan has a short capacity for happiness. ;)

Odd-Thomas Thank you so much for reading and replying. :)

Chapter Eight

The healer?s young assistant took the patient?s hourly readings before jotting his notes into the datapad he carried. Once done, his attention rested on the small figure that sat slumped in the chair beside the bed. The Padawan had refused to leave his fallen mentor's side ever since they arrived back at the Temple. A score of Jedi had come and gone, all trying to urge the boy to leave long enough to eat or clean up. Even the Council members had eventually withdrawn with solemn expressions. By rights, they could have insisted but not one of them had the heart to separate the frightened child from his teacher?s side.

"Can I get you anything, Padawan Eitan?"

His query was met with a blank stare from stricken dark orbs that immediately returned to rest on the still figure on the bed. Sighing, the Senior Padawan retreated from the room without another word. Left alone again, Eitan stood and cautiously approached the side of the bed. Trembling fingers slowly reached out, a whisper-soft touch trailing over the pale, unresponsive features. Tears blurred his vision as he recalled the sound his Master had made when the laser bolt struck, the force sending Master Majid staggering back to bump into Eitan who followed close on his heels.

Unaware of what had befallen his Master, Eitan had looked up in confusion. Master Majid?s head had slowly turned, the pained shock in his golden eyes making the boy?s blood run cold. For a brief second as he watched his Master crumple to the ground, Eitan experienced a flash of foreboding, as if he were witnessing a scene from his future unfolding right before his eyes. Shaking himself out of his stupor, he?d had the presence of mind to make certain their attacker had fled before dropping to his knees beside the fallen Jedi.

"Master?" His voice came out as a strangled sob.

Master Majid forced his eyes open and smiled reassuringly up at his terrified apprentice. Lifting a trembling hand, he cupped the boy?s face, his thumb gently rubbing soft skin.

"Don?t be frightened, Padawan. It isn?t my time," he stated with conviction. "Help me back to the speeder and then we?ll call for help."

The trip back to Coruscant had seemed endless for Eitan as he stayed by his Master?s side. Even now when the healers tried to assure him that the injury wasn?t life-threatening, he couldn?t help but feel terrified. Master Majid had quickly become the most important person in his life over the course of their first year together. The Jedi Master?s gentleness and kindness had become a steadying influence in Eitan?s life. No longer was he consumed with worry about the future and what it held for him. His mentor had taught him to live in the moment.

Master Majid?s soft, tranquil spirit was the first thing Eitan felt the moment he opened his eyes in the morning, and the last before he shut them at night. Any time Eitan began to experience anger, fear or frustration, his mentor would

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh that's so sweet of Qui! I'm most definitely like Master Majid even better! :D hehehe

My type of man? hehehe yep he's sounding like it more and more each post! :D

Ahhh Xan being Xan... so typical of the cold hearted lad. I am glad that Eitan now is realizing it. Poor kid... his only true friend is not really a friend. :( poor kid I feel for him!

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Eitan should run as far and as fast as he can away from Xanatos. At least he understands now that Xan is not really his friend but someone who likes to belittle others to make themselves seem more important. What a terrible thing to say to Eitan!

Great job with the dynamics of the duo. Looking forward to more....

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely interaction between Qui-Gon and Eitan. I agree that Eitan should run far, far away from Xanatos!

Master Majid?s soft, tranquil spirit was the first thing Eitan felt the moment he opened his eyes in the morning, and the last before he shut them at night. Any time Eitan began to experience anger, fear or frustration, his mentor would level him with look that had the ability to make him stop and center himself. The approval that shone in Master Majid?s eyes after an accomplishment, no matter how small, was enough to make Eitan well up with a sense of pride in himself. He craved the unconditional acceptance and affection he received from his Master and was sure he?d die if he lost it now.

Awwww....that's so sweet!

Another lovely post.

25. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Master Majid?s soft, tranquil spirit was the first thing Eitan felt the moment he opened his eyes in the morning, and the last before he shut them at night. Any time Eitan began to experience anger, fear or frustration, his mentor would level him with look that had the ability to make him stop and center himself. The approval that shone in Master Majid?s eyes after an accomplishment, no matter how small, was enough to make Eitan well up with a sense of pride in himself. He craved the unconditional acceptance and affection he received from his Master and was sure he?d die if he lost it now.

Oh, I just loved this description of Eitan and Master Majid's relationship. It is so warm and uplifting.:)

"I don?t understand why you?re so upset about this, Eitan," he shared in an ugly whisper, meeting his friend?s confused glance with a careless shrug. "It?s not like he isn?t old and close to dying anyway. You should be prepared for the inevitable."

:eek:What an awful thing to say. I really hope Eitan is becomming wiser to Xan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.