main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ...on the next Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Oct 2, 2011.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Thank you for coming back. :p

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  2. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Guess what everyone? We’re going to London!

Narrator: They were not.

Rew, jp-30, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
  4. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I almost vomited when, after a tearful speech from Walters about "having" to move on so they can be friends, Tambor replies, sickeningly nonchalantly, "absolutely".

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    "Well, I'd rather be dead in California than alive in London."

[​IMG]

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Even if Tambor hadn't yelled at Walter so harshly that it was unprecedented for the 60-year acting veteran, it was still a terrible idea for them to include him in promo interviews. Of course this sort of thing was going to happen. You'd think publicists were at least coaching the other actors on how to address Tambor's behavior. What a ****show.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Rew, Juliet316 and Adam of Nuchtern like this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    But where would you rather be harrasssd by Jeffrey Tambor?

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It’s Arrested Development

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Fateful Consequences

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    It's been disheartening to learn that the (male) cast of this show is just as ****ed up and dysfunctional as their fictional counterparts.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Season 5 (part I) has dropped.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    finished Season 4 Remix the day before S5 hit, and I do quite like the remix however it is sort of recap heavy and I coulda sworn the "what happened to Annoyong" tag wasn't in. But running all the stories together does feel like the show. And even the first ep of Season 5, which seems to have a Michael-focus but still has all of the characters in it, bounces between the plotlines and there's at least 2 bluths together in each scene. So I definitely like the editorial vibe at least and the first episode is pretty funny while doing a lot of setup.

13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm still going through the remix, but I may watch a summary video on Youtube as a refresher and jump right into Season 5. I remember Season 4 not being at good when I initially watched it five years go, but I will say that the remix does feel more like the past seasons so I've been mostly enjoying it. The remix does feel oddly edited together at times and the ADR is very obvious as well.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm almost done with the first half-season, and things are so much better. At times (often, even) it just feels like the original series.

15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Paraphrasing one of my favorite lines from the episode I just watched last night...

Lucille: He tickles my fancy.
    Gob: What part of mom is the fancy? Wait I don't want to know. You don't know what I'm picturing and it's definitely not what you think.
    <moments later>
    Gob: There he goes off to see his girlfriend; he's so fancy-whipped.

16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I loved the Howard household and all the red heads. You dyed your hair Howard Red!

Sadly, I just read that Rance Howard passed away last November. I wonder if he's in any more episodes. I'm not sure when filming took place, but it's definitely been a while.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "They've been kicked out of the only country they've ever known for their whole lives because of the cruelty of your president... Barack Obama."

The first few episodes have been pretty good, but the carried over plot stuff from season 4 is a bit much. (I haven't rewatched in a couple years and didn't watch the "remix.")

BigAl6ft6 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm really loving how prominent George Michael and Maeby are.

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Am I the boy?
    I've never heard a man ask that question.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I started on the "remix" of Season 4 this weekend. It's noticeably better than whatever it was they were going for prior.

Season 5 soon.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I watched a recap of season 4 on Youtube and jumped into Season 5 out of curiosity. I finished it up just the other day as there are only 8 - 30 minute episodes so in my hour elliptical workout sessions I was able to knock them all out in 4 workouts.

Originally I made it though a good chunk of remix episodes as I tried to watch and refresh my mind before Season 5 came out, but I wasn't super fond of it and I was curious on what was going to happen next. The remix is cut better than the original season 4 was, but there are so many season 4 threads that aren't super interesting. And the constantly recapping, while helpful, didn't make me care more.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I wasn't bothered by season four, despite it's limitations, and didn't do the remix. Enjoyed these eight episodes. Better than season four, but not to the level of the original run. Jessica Walters is so, so good. Everything Lucille Bluth does is just fantastic.

Maeby is tremendous. Tobias is hit and miss, but his his are absolutely out of the park. GOB was a letdown, and the Michael-George Michael dynamic continues to be stellar. Need more Buster. Need more STEVE HOLT

BigAl6ft6 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Season 5 finished a few weeks ago, very cool with lots of great gags. Any and all callbacks are almost entirely to Season 4 so it is very much part 2 of that. But still, like, Season 4, my favourite episode is still Ron Howard centric. And they got Bryce Dallas Howard to show up and say "He dyed his hair Dallas Howard red!"

Although, like in Season 4, you can see a few seams here and there, Lindsay is in insert shots from what looks like months later (Which is odd that she's in the credits of every episode), the Michael goes to meet Ron Howard also has a lot of stand-ins. Also there's a weird moment in Season 5 when Michael finds the cabin (great gag with the sign, by the way) and they cut to a non-existent ad break and then recap what just happened. But it isn't as egregious as the original Season 4 format where it was one actor, at least we got about 2 Bluths interacting in almost every scene. And I guess they killed off Tony Wonder cuz it was too hard to get Ben Stiller to show up.

Speaking WONDER, let's get the next half of Season 5, Netflix, pronto! (Apparently this, like Kimmy Schimdt, this half season was dropped in May to qualify for the Emmys) I'm expecting just a random drop, hopefully sometime in August.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Narrator narrating!

hopefully we get the rest of the eps before 2019!

TiniTinyTony likes this.