main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico On the Spot * Game 2 * Looking for new players!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Jan_Solo, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    I'll go with Spike's answer, just because It's more dramatic.

2. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I'll go with Rafa

3. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
  4. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
  5. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/watto/img/movie2_sm.jpg]

"Well humans, the round is over, eh! Allow me to congratulate MegaJediRafa for moving up to third place. And it looks like the battle for first place is hot, with Lucidus and Rao battling it out with only one point difference. Not bad, ah! However, if I were you I would not get cocky, heh! For there are many power hungry fellows among you, eh?"

"Speaking of power hungry, it's time for DarthKurt and Roman to get down here, ah! You will be On the Spot for the next round, heh. So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 10 - Spike_Spiegel vs. MegaJediRafa

On the Spot:
    MegaJediRafa was the Truthful, Spike_Spiegel was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (12)
    Rao (11) +
    MegaJediRafa (9) +++
    Spike_Spiegel (8) +
    DarthKurt (7)
    Roman (6) +
    Jedi_Boricua (5) +
    Carlitos (1)
    kyle_katarn_pr (1)

ROUND 11 - DarthKurt vs. Roman

The Category:
    History

The Question: Which group of people displaced the Jomon culture, where did they come from, when did this happen, and what did these people contribute to Japanese culture?

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Monday Nov. 24 OR whenever all players have voted.

6. Roman

May 30, 2002
    Q: "Which group of people displaced the Jomon culture, where did they come from, when did this happen, and what did these people contribute to Japanese culture?"

A: "It was the Hyoe who came from northern China in the 3rd century BC. They displaced the Jomon culture with their superior weapons and advanced culture.?

7. DarthKurt

DarthKurt Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2003
    It was the Yayoi who came from northern China in the 3rd century BC. They brought with them agriculture, the working of bronze and iron, and a new religion which would eventually develop into Shinto.

8. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Roman is the truthful

9. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
  10. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    I vote for DarthKurt.

11. DarthKurt

DarthKurt Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2003
  12. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
  13. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002

"Interesting, eh? The results are in, and Lucidus is still the leader of the game, while Roman managed to get up there and be tied with MegaJediRafa for third place. Very good indeed, ah!"

"Well, well. Now it's time for Jedi_Boricua and kyle_katarn_pr to get down here, ah! You will be On the Spot for the next round, heh. So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 11 - DarthKurt vs. Roman

On the Spot:
    DarthKurt was the Truthful, Roman was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (13) +
    Rao (11)
    MegaJediRafa (9)
    Roman (9) +++
    Spike_Spiegel (8)
    DarthKurt (8) +
    Jedi_Boricua (5)
    Carlitos (1)
    kyle_katarn_pr (1)

ROUND 12 - Jedi_Boricua vs. kyle_katarn_pr

The Category:
    Finances

The Question: Which organization was the first mutual fund company, where and when was it established, and by what name is the company known today?

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Friday Nov. 28 OR whenever all players have voted.

14. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Mutual funds, the gold mine of few, the bane of many. Nowadays mutual funds are a vital part of the investment world and a handy tool for those looking for a safe, medium, or risky investment.

The first company to come up with this innovation was the Manhattan Trust Board, established circa 1922 in New York City. It flowered and grew in the good years of the 20's, to then be shook hard throughout the Great Depression, to grow once again when World War II hit Europe.

Today the company still manages to surf the up and down waves of the market, and it's known as Manhattan Chase.

15. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    A: Boston's Massachusetts Investors Trust was establish on 1924. It's current name is State Street Research, it is still in business.

16. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    I'll go with jedi boricua

17. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    Jedi_Boricua.

18. Roman

May 30, 2002
    kyle_katarn_pr

19. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
  20. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002

"You lucky humans had a time extention for the last round, eh? Consider it your Christmas bonus, heh-heh! The scores have been tallied, and the rankings remain pretty much unchanged from the last round, ah! So let's see some more activity here, eh!"

"Speaking of activity, it's time for two more players to show what they got, ah! Rao and Spike_Spiegel, get down here, ah! You will be On the Spot for the next round, heh. So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 12 - Jedi_Boricua vs. kyle_katarn_pr

On the Spot:
    kyle_katarn_pr was the Truthful, Jedi_Boricua was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (13)
    Rao (11)
    MegaJediRafa (10) +
    Roman (10) +
    Spike_Spiegel (8)
    DarthKurt (8)
    Jedi_Boricua (7) ++
    kyle_katarn_pr (3) ++
    Carlitos (1)

ROUND 13 - Rao vs. Spike_Spiegel

The Category:
    Nature

The Question: Where is the Tapajos River located, which river is it a tributary of, and how is the river contaminated?

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Monday Dec. 8 OR whenever all players have voted.

EDIT: time extension.

21. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Where is the Tapajos River located, which river is it a tributary of, and how is the river contaminated?

The tapajos river is located in Mexico. It is a tributary of Rio Bravo wich is one of the longest in that region. Sadly it is contaminated by Pemex oil.

22. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    * SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM FATTO *

[face_shocked] THIS JUST IN! [face_shocked]

I just received a message from Fatto about some new developments and details about the game. He specifically told me not to tell you guys, especially about the last part, but what the heck, I feel friendly today. ;)

* Fatto tells me that the game will be ending on Friday, December 19th (at the end of Round 15).

* He also tells me there will be a prize for the winner (that's whoever has the highest score at the end of the game). He didn't tell me exactly what the prize is, and knowing him it'll probably be some worthless pile of Bantha poodoo, but hey, you never know!

People, there are only three rounds left. So stay in the game, and good luck to you all!

Jan_Solo out. :D

23. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    More news from Fatto...

There has been a time extension for the current round. A new round will begin next Monday (that's Dec. 8th). Remember, players who are On the Spot and who fail to comply with a deadline will experience a penalty of 2 points.

You know who you are. 8-}

24. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002

"It is my great pleasure to announce that I will be stealing points from Spike_Spiegel for not complying with the rules of the game, heh-heh! This chance does not come often to a simple Toydarian game show host like myself. Then again, how many Toydarian game show hosts are out there, ah?! But let's focus on the game now. Lucidus still has the lead in the game. But Rao, MegaJediRafa, and Roman are not very far behind. Exciting, ah?! What will happen in these last two rounds? We will just have to wait and see, heh."

"Well. We are now two (that's 2 for you calculating math-dudes) rounds away from the end of the game, eh! And yes, like that fool Jan_Solo pointed out, there will be a price for the winner of the game. I am still debating whether or not any of you deserves such a prize, though, heh! But promises are promises, ah! So yes, there is a prize."

"Speaking of promises, let's announce the players who are next, eh? Lucidus and Rao, get down here, ah! You will be On the Spot for the next round, heh. So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 13 - Rao vs. Spike_Spiegel

On the Spot:
    Spike_Spiegel was the Truthful, Rao was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (13)
    Rao (11)
    MegaJediRafa (10)
    Roman (10)
    DarthKurt (8)
    Jedi_Boricua (7)
    Spike_Spiegel (5) ---
    kyle_katarn_pr (3)
    Carlitos (1)

ROUND 14 - Lucidus vs. Rao

The Category:
    Space

The Question: What is currently the second brightest star as seen from Earth, what type of star is it, what constellation does it belong to, and how far away is it?

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Monday Dec. 15 OR whenever all players have voted.

25. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    Q: What is currently the second brightest star as seen from Earth, what type of star is it, what constellation does it belong to, and how far away is it?

A: The second brightest star as seen from Earth is Proxima Centauri, a K-type red dwarf. It belongs to the Centaurus constellation, and its distance is estimated at 4.22 light years from our Sun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.