main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga "On the wings of angels", a graphic novel about Shmi as an angel *THE END: update 31/07/09*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Titel: On the wings of angels

Editor: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=DarthUncle]DarthUncle[/link]

Timeframe: Between Shmi´s death on Tatooine in ATOC and the events of Dark Nest

Place: Between the veil of the world of the dead and the living

Characters: Shmi, Padmé and their family

Summery: Shmi deceides to be an guardian angel for Anakin. When Padmé dies the two women watch over the members of the Skywalker family together.

Inspiration: A Rammstein song about angels and all the advertisments for the Waterhouse exhibition in Groningen/ The Netherlands [link=http://boards.theforce.net/your_jedi_council_community/b10008/29416215/r29869556/]triggered weird ideas in my mind[/link]. And so [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/25754494/p30]a number of paintings came to life[/link], keen for being part of a story.

Dedication: This story is decicated to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=earlybird-obi-wan]earlybird-Obi-Wan[/link] for some very private reason! She will get a copy from me as soon as I am finished with the story.

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas and Lucas Ltd.!!!

Page 1:
    When I died in my son´s arms I was at peace with myself. He was so handsome and such a wonderful young man. During my painful imprisonment at the Tusken camp I already had said my silent good-byes to my husband Cliegg, my dear step-son Owen and his future wife Beru. But a dreadful scream pulled me back into existence. It was Qui-Gon Jinn who had shown my Ani the way of the jedi. His desperate force ghost tried to stop the slaughter of the Tusken, but he was just a whisper between the worlds.

Page 2:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3220343.jpg]

Page 3:
    So I decided to stay on. Not only on behalf of the kind jedi-master though. I felt guilty about Anakin´s dark deeds, too. He was my own flesh and blood. I had born him into this very galaxy. My responsibility for him did not end with my death. I would be his silent guardian angel, watch every step of his. In good times as well as in bad times. He needed me more than he realised. For the dark already grew in him like a dreadful cancer. His fear to lose a beloved person ever again made him vulnerable.

Page 4:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3150265.jpg]

Page 5:
    I did not know that Palpatine had already poisoned his mind when he had been nothing but a little attentive boy. To be honest, I had not been aware that the chancellor and him were acquainted with each other. Coruscant was so far away from Tatooine. Now that I am a guardian angel, time and space do not matter any longer. I can be where I want to be at any time. But mostly I am not more than a soft breeze of comfort for the living. I can reach out to them through the veil of the worlds.

Page 6:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3120218.jpg]

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I absolutely love pg 6... I don't know what else to say other then =D=

3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, dear CPL, then I will go on writting the rest of the story as soon as possible.

[:D]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW those are beautiful. Anakin deserves guardian angels and the other Skywalkers too.

Lovely beginning of a new graphic novel.

5. Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator• star 7 VIP - Game Host

Jan 29, 2008
    This is a wonderful idea! You and DU make a great team!:cool: I can't wait to see more.[:D] =D=

6. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I've always thought that Shmi & Padmè wached over their family...is nice to see the idea finally portrayed in a story!:)

LOVE page 6![face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Beautiful begining!=D= =D= @};-

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Love it!

Please add me to the PM list.

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear bird, you deserve this story as a present once I am finished as much as the Skywalker clan needs guardian angels. [:D]

Dear Jag, I am always amazed what a chemistry guy can do to spice up a SF text. DU is a man with deep thoughts and much humour. :D

Dear Lady, it makes me glad to have fulfilled your secret wish. :*

Dear Misty, you wish is my command. Here is the current up-date list:

earlybird-obi-wan

Jag4Me

Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Misty

Anybody else out there who is interested? [face_batting]

9. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    *wonders about if she should add the following names or not:

Darth_Gangrenous
    Tyrannus230
    Kiyuuchan
    Patty
    Cem_Fel
    Ben_Stormrider
    MsLanna
    MrsVos
    FalconFan
    CPL-Macja
    Black_Dog
    Jaden1138
    Lady_Skywalker87

10. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    yes, please![face_praying]

11. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    Thy wish is granted, oh Lady! [:D]

12. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Dear Lady, it makes me glad to have fulfilled your secret wish. :*

Thank You! *bows*[:D]

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    So, dear Lady, you found the very fanfic thread which will contain the painting with the Organas holding little Leai.

:D

Next weekend I try to make an up-date that also contains that very painting.

14. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    This is great work and, along with other folks here, I really love how page six was done. I also enjoy the POV provided by Shmi.

Looking forward to see more. [face_peace]

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear dog, there will be more in the weekend, after I did all I need to do for my work at school and my part-time studies.

And there is still a fanart request that I need to answer nicely... [face_shhh]

So expect an up-date on Saturday at least!

16. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This is a beautiful story, Azure! I love the idea of the Skywalker women watching over those they love.
    Wonderful!
    =D=

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, dear Ceillean. Good that you dropped by here and that you like it.

:*

18. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Yes! Of course you should add me to your update list, I love you work, expecially this series.[face_dancing]

Just make sure that it is listed as CPL_Macja not CPL-Macja;)

19. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Me too! Me too! I want to be on the update list!

What a lovely marriage of text and art this is. I love the thought of the women just beyond the veil, time and space no longer a hindrance, present in the tiny subtle blessings that life gives us even when things are at their worst. If only we may heed them!!

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, ratna. This very comment makes me very smiley & happy especially after a long day at school, teaching various grades. [:D]

And, CPL, I go changing a certain mistake now:

ratna
    earlybird-Obi-Wan
    Darth_Gangrenous
    Tyrannus230
    Kiyuuchan
    Patty
    Cem_Fel
    Ben_Stormrider
    MsLanna
    MrsVos
    FalconFan
    CPL_Macja
    Black_Dog
    Jaden1138
    Lady_Skywalker87

Okay, my up-date sock has soon a lot of work to do:

Page 7:
    This is why I could not stop Anakin in any way when he was determined to kill every living soul in the Jedi Temple. He had his mind set up to it, telling himself it was for Padmé and their unborn offspring. The cold that I felt in my hour of death cannot be compared to the one that took hold of me on that dark day. So many young and promising lives ... extinguished in the blink of an eye. I gathered their shaking souls and passed them on to Qui-Gon. Only together could we bear it.

Page 8:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3180272.jpg]

Page 9:
    When my beloved daughter-in-law Padmé died with a broken heart, she joined the two of us immediately. Anakin, who was in pain after the duel with Obi-Wan, needed her very badly. Her sudden retreat from the real world may seem like an act of weakness to many, but she is by far the strongest of us. Padmé is a believer against all odds. With her help even Qui-Gon and I dare to hope again even though so many lights went out. Anakin will lead a dreadful life in agony from now on, but we are with him.

Page 10:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3150263.jpg]

Page 11:
    We also take care of the seed of love that Padmé and Anakin planted in a war shaken galaxy. Little Leia could not ask for better foster parents. Queen Breha Organa fell in love with her new daughter at first sight. So did her charming husband Bail. Their happy marriage will provide a stable home for Leia´s body, soul and mind. The dark side will be kept at bay. Her natural jedi talents will grow unrecognised in a world of courtship and politics. Qui-Gon is very pleased with it and so are we.

Page 12:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3140254.jpg]

Page 13:
    Young Luke will grow up in a harsher way, but he will not lack of love either. My step-son Owen is a humble and honest man. He is a lot like his father Cliegg. I do not have reason to fear for Luke´s up-bringing at all. Padmé may not have appreciated my daughter-in-law Beru as much as I did in life, but now she does. We are all grateful that Luke is also save from his father´s mad urge for power and peace. Once more history is written in the sands of Tatooine. Let it be hope for the future, a new one.

Page 14:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3120223.jpg]

PS: I could NOT resist the sentence "History is written on the sands of Arrakis, er the sands of Tatooine." [face_whistling]

21. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    This is so moving. Lovely lovely text. And of course you know how much I love your art.

-ratna

22. Ben_Stormrider

Ben_Stormrider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2006
    Wow, this is awesome!

Somehow this Story is a little different from all your graphic Novels before, in a good way I mean. ;)

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, ratna, I know... [:D]

*pokes a certain fellow German Fan Force General member* Ben, du kleine Spaßnase! :*
    What about joining my husband DU & me for the Waterhouse exhibition in Groningen/ NL on the 25th April. Can you manage?

24. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

Lovely, just lovely! [face_love] I'm lost for words...wonderful work!=D=

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Thanks, Lady! I will try to continue around Easter again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.