main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "On the wings of angels", a graphic novel about Shmi as an angel *THE END: update 31/07/09*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    Sehr Gut!!!!

2. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    When two hearts meet each other by chance, the future is weaving a net of new pathways.

Wow, that's beautiful!

And all the rest about Luke needing blankets and a hot drink instead of travel plans, Leia shouldn't be kissing Luke on the mouth -- these with their accompanying pictures are just CHARMING. Lovely lovely updates, and beautiful art. [face_love]

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Vielen Dank, Niju! [:D]

I am glad that you like my present for you, dearest bird.

Oh you are German as well?

Dear ratna, I am glad that I was able to make you smile. And when there is less pressure from university matters in the weekend, my husband & I try to solve my msn problem. [:D]

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm sure that both Leia and Luke blush when someone brings up that little story![face_blush]

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Page 27:
    What is even more bewildering to witness are Anakin´s actions against Luke. On Mimban he attacked the boy for the very first time, testing him out. The duel of Bespin was a complete nightmare for us. Padmé wailed when Luke´s arm was severed from his body. She was still shaking when we balanced the boy´s body above the abyss, while he took hold of a weather antenna. I must say Anakin really has a way with his children. It was wise of Yoda and Obi to hide the twins from him.

Page 28:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3180268.jpg]

Page 29:
    Luke recovered pretty quickly from both his physical wounds and his emotional shock. To my surprise he is sharing his mother´s empathy for Anakin after all. Just like Padmé he believes that there is still good in this father.
    As for Leia, she finally dares to openly show her feelings for Captain Solo. No dangers hold her back from her goal of saving him. She inherited Padmé´s determination. Neither seductive reptilian princes nor slime balls like Jabba with even more dirty fantasies.

Page 30:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3220353.jpg]

Page 31:
    To stop the rancor from eating Luke was rather a big effort for us. At times events cannot be stopped that easily. The big showdown finally took place: Father versus son, dark emotions fuelled by a mean Palpatine. We held back, waiting for the outcome. It was up to Anakin now to make the right choices. Padmé stood still, nervously playing with her hair. When Anakin crashed down, severely hit by Luke´s sabre, she whimpered. Qui-Gon, Yoda and Obi also watched.

Page 32:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3190283.jpg]

Because I took a day off from all my pressing duties, I also have made several other up-dates in fanfic:

"Infinte dreams"(Han)

"Grandfather" (Solo twins)

"Once upon the time..." (C3PO)

"Waiting for tomorrow"(Yoda)

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    :cool: Love this update!!=D= =D=

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    This series is really inspired!

Page 28, the image of Vader from behind is breathtaking. I love his posture, the sweep of his cloak, the texture on his sleeve, the way his lightsaber seems to be bleeding. Wow. It's truly an arresting image.

Page 30: It's all about the lines. And Jabba's eyes.

Page 32: Such a composition! Luke's posture, the way that Vader seems to be reduced to just a dark clot on the floor -- as if it is not his father, not even a man that Luke is striking at, but the darkness itself. Yet he also is wearing black. And P.S. I love the yellow edge on Padme's dress.

@};-

8. celera

celera Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    "Padmé and I were a bit crossed with Obi-Wan back then. The boy needed blankets to warm himself and a hot drink instead of a mysterious sounding travel description to Dagobah. Luke could have turned into a frozen icicle long before his destiny was fulfilled. What good would that have done?"

LOL!! There are a lot of other great parts that I don't have time to mention but you really capture Shmi's wisdom when talks about her son and grandchildren. Can't wait for more!

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    :D Jag! [:D]

Dear ratna, to get such a sweet and honest feedback from you makes me rather smiley and happy. Then all my ideas when paintings all those three pictures did hit theright nerve. [:D]

Dear celera, welcome in this fafic. Consider yourself on my update list from now on!
    @};-

10. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    Okay an up-date list up-date. Just in case! Write me a PM if anything is wrong:

VAPa
    DarthUncle
    ratna
    earlybird-Obi-Wan
    Darth_Gangrenous
    Tyrannus230
    Kiyuuchan
    Patty
    Cem_Fel
    Ben_Stormrider
    MsLanna
    MrsVos
    FalconFan
    CPL_Macja
    Black_Dog
    Jaden1138
    Lady_Skywalker87
    Lady_Misty
    Jedi_QueenBee
    celera

11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A cliffhanger??

Well not a true cliffhanger.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    There will be more in the weekend. Do not worry, hon!

[:D]

13. VAPa

VAPa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    I must say Anakin really has a way with his children
    Boy is that an understatement or what o_O

Eagerly waiting for more. [face_praying]

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Do not worry, dear VPa, here it is:

Page 33:
    Finally Anakin made all the right choices. Choices he should have made in Palpatine´s office so long ago, when Mace Windu tried to arrest the tyrant. Giving his life for Luke, doing the right thing instead of fearing death. Padmé and I never left his side. We knelt close to Luke when he took of the heavy mask.
    And we were there when Anakin crossed over. It should have ended then, but the three of us decided to go on. The Skywalker family has a heavy legacy.

Page 34:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3200288.jpg]

Page 35:
    For Luke and Leia the war never ended. New enemies showed up: the Ssi-ruuk,Xizor´s niece Savan, the Krytos-Virus, warlord Zsinj, the Sisters of Night and many more. Old enemies vanished slowly, but not quietly: Sate Pestage, Ysanne Isard, the emperors evil spirit, Grand-Admiral Thrawn and all those clones. So we all deceided to stand by the twins, keeping the darkness at bay and providing some light. There was a new generation of Skywalkers on its way.

Page 36:
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P3130239.jpg]

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely to see the angels taking care of Anakin and yes the Skywalkers are in for more wars and trouble.

Beautiful artwork=D==D=

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Just two more paintings to go next weekend and my present for you, dear bird, is finished!

17. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    Okay, a check of my current up-date list is necessary:

*VAPa
    DarthUncle
    ratna
    earlybird-Obi-Wan
    Darth_Gangrenous
    Tyrannus230
    Kiyuuchan
    Patty
    Cem_Fel
    Ben_Stormrider
    MsLanna
    MrsVos
    FalconFan
    CPL_Macja
    Black_Dog
    Jaden1138
    Lady_Skywalker87
    Lady_Misty
    Jedi_QueenBee
    celera*

All well? Everybody agrees?

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Actually just two more paintings to go and this fanfic is finsihed as well.

Expect me to up-date next weekend.

@};-

19. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    More of that blue that I love!=D=

20. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Ah, an angels' work is never done, is it? These last two pictures are very poignant.

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am glad that you love my favourite colour, too. :*

They are also my favourites up to now! Especially the last one, dear ratna. [:D]

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear Black-Dog, I am happy it has this emotinal impact.

23. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Azure, I have to say I LOVE your style!

You can bring across emotion in the simplest of brush strokes.
    My favorite picture is page 36, people seem to forget about Shimi and Padme after the film timeline ends, but of course they are still there after the saga ends.

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks a lot for this comment, darthhelinith. [:D]

25. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Great stuff, I loves how it continues on beyond the trilogy and into Dark Empire. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.