main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends One Broken, One Made - MMM Challenge, Jaina/?, heartache & mush!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mayo_durron_666, Feb 8, 2021.

1. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    This is my one-shot entry for the MMM Challenge 10: I Promise. :)
    The prompt: Write a story that features a promise – made, kept or broken.
    Basic info: AU, old EU, Jaina/?, heartache & mush!
    Summary: Jaina is let down, then Jaina is picked up. :p
    Comments welcome. Enjoy!

~

One Broken, One Made

The party was in full swing. But not everyone was enjoying themselves.

Jaina’s mind had been elsewhere from the start.

On autopilot she moved amongst the crowd. Surrounded by friends and family she should have been happy. This night was meant to be fun. Instead, all she felt was alone.

Whilst topping up another glass of wine from a side table, she glanced around and groaned inwardly to herself.

Her nearest and dearest were having a great time. Couples were everywhere though and it pained Jaina to see others so blatantly in love. Holding hands, sharing kisses and tender looks, they were all over the place flaunting their relationships.

“You alright, sis?”

Jacen came over to replenish his and Tahiri’s drinks. Concerned, he watched his twin closely as he poured out the liquid.

“I’m fine.” Jaina answered, “Just getting a refill.”

Still suspicious, Jacen paused and offered,
    “Want to come sit with us?”

Jaina glimpsed over her brother’s shoulder to where Tahiri was seated.

In the corner of the living area on one of the many sofas, the gorgeous blonde was deep in conversation. Next to her, Jysella and Zekk laughed in unison at a funny story they were telling.

Beaming with humour, Jysella touched his arm and leaned back into him. Zekk embraced her warmly and brushed some stray locks of hair away from her face. The pair looked awfully cosy and it made Jaina’s heart ache.

It wasn’t fair. Jaina was suppose to be enjoying the evening together with someone too. He’d promised to be here. And for the third time, he had let her down.

“Jay?”

Coming back to her twin’s inquisitive gaze, Jaina nodded along,
    “Sure, I’ll join you guys in a bit.”

Knowing she was lying and likely planning to slip out of the celebration soon, Jacen gave her an understanding look,
    “Whoever he is, he’s an idiot, sis.”

“It’s okay. I’m okay. It’s not like that, it’s not like -”

“- he stood you up. That definitely makes him a fool.”

Dropping all façade, Jaina’s eyes turned sad as she replied,
    “Don’t, Jace. Please.”

“Alright, alright, I’ll let it go. For now.” Her twin came forward to place a peck on her check, “Just know I’m here if you need me. To talk with or,” Jacen grabbed the beverages he’d prepared and finished with a wink, “to cut up a certain someone. Just give me a name.”

Chuckling for real, Jaina waved him away,
    “That won’t be necessary. I have my own lightsaber for that. But thank you for the offer.”

“Anytime.” He grinned, “I’ll call you tomorrow. Try and have a good night, Jaina.”

“Night, Jacen.”

Grateful to have such an observant and supportive sibling, Jaina watched him return to Tahiri and their friends.

She loved that Jacen didn’t push her for answers. Her brother simply made her aware that he knew something was wrong and that he was around if she needed anything. Fake gestures and Force shielding couldn’t blind her twin to the truth: she was hurting.

Damn twin thing. Jaina mused affectionately. I should have left sooner. Totally forgot how quickly Jacen can read me.

Done feeling sorry for herself and exhausted from pretending to be okay, Jaina put down her drink and quietly made her exit.

Outside the bustling apartment, she pressed for the turbolift and waited. When the lift arrived it was empty thankfully. Jaina entered and pressed the button for the airspeeder garage.

Relieved to have escaped, she rested against the wall of the lift and closed her eyes.

Just as the elevator doors were about to shut, two hands forcibly grabbed and tugged them apart.

Jaina jerked up straight but instantly relaxed when she saw who was joining the lift.

“Sorry.” He said as he pressed a different button then stood next to her.

Finally, the doors closed. There was a long silence as the floors whooshed by in a speedy whirl.

“You’re leaving the party early.”

“So are you.”

Another pause.

Finally, Jaina confided,
    “I … couldn’t stand all the couples.”

Kyp Durron drew in a deep breath and let it out in a sigh of agreement,
    “Me either.”

The pair shared an empathic glance.

Awkwardly Kyp cleared his throat and enquired,
    “Were you expecting someone tonight?”

Angry and embarrassed all at once, Jaina clutched her head and muttered,
    “Frakk! Is it written all over my face or something? Damn it, Durron!”

Suddenly the turbolift stopped and Kyp moved into her personal space. Wordlessly, he brought his hands up to cover hers and pulled them away from her face. He stared at her and waited.

Unable to hide and surprised by his soft touch, Jaina allowed Kyp to take her hands. Reluctantly, she raised her chin so she could meet his green eyes. So focused, they shone something fierce at her.

“You deserve better, Jaina.”

That was the last thing she’d expected Durron to say.

When the astonishment wore off, Jaina gave him a weak grin,
    “Tell me something I don’t know.”

Humour lit his features for a brief moment only to be replaced with anxiety. He bit his bottom lip and looked down at their joined hands. Slowly, his thumbs stroked over her knuckles as if memorising the touch.

Jaina’s heart leapt.

When his emerald eyes found hers again, he whispered,
    “I would never make you wait with false words. Even if we were parted briefly, you would always know how much I missed you and how loved you really were.”

Absolutely stunned, Jaina watched as Kyp brought her hands up to his mouth and kissed them.

He released her and turned to restart the elevator.

Something deep within Jaina snapped to attention. It was like she was seeing Kyp for the first time, vulnerable, honest and uncertain.

He had revealed his true self and his deepest feelings. All for her. And without expecting anything back in return. There was no pressure. He didn’t force a response. The truth just hovered there between them.

Not many other people would have revealed themselves so openly to comfort someone else. She had seen Durron do a lot of dangerous things, but it was in that moment Jaina thought him truly brave.

Before he could hit the button, Jaina grabbed his arm and questioned,
    “And when you returned to me?”

Mid-step he glanced over his shoulder at her and countered,
    “Would you want me to?”

“The idea is growing on me.”

“Is there any way I can help persuade you?”

Pulling him to face her again, Jaina answered,
    “Possibly.”

He dared her by stepping closer, his scent and warmth enveloping her senses. Jaina didn’t flinch. Two could play this game. She placed his larger hands on her waist then slid her own up to his rugged face. She breathed him in, enjoying their intimacy and the way his eyes darkened with hunger. It was a craving she had stirred deliberately and couldn’t wait to see ignite.

Lightly her fingertips traced his stubbly jawline. That simple touch made him lose all breath. Kyp swallowed back his own passion, wanting her to explore, hoping for more. Noble intentions started to evaporate when her a body pressed against his and her arms wrapped around his neck. She felt so good in his arm and his hands began investigating every intriguing curve.

With her lips a scant inch from his and Jaina breathed,
    “Why didn’t you ever tell me?”

“Never the right time.” He uttered softly, “And I thought … I didn’t have a chance.”

“Then make this one count.”

Yanking her the remaining distance, Kyp crushed his mouth onto hers in a fiery kiss. Her satin lips fused to his, devouring him back, starved for the taste of him. Both of them lit up, burning for each other. They melted together, hands roaming, teeth nipping, tongues duelling and breaths mingling.

Consumed with desire, Kyp pinned her against the lift wall and kissed her senseless. He tangled his fingers in her dark curls, loving the teasing sensation of the silky strands against his skin, wishing he could touch more, longing to have all of her.

Far from intimidated, Jaina moaned in pleasure and clutched him close. The heat radiating from him, the strength in his arms and his ravenous need for her, had Jaina’s knees faltering. She was breathless. She was itching for more. But it would never be enough. She’d tasted the fire and could never go back. Now she knew. She would forever want him. Only him.

Kyp hadn’t expected the dam of emotions to break with a single kiss. It did though and as his heart caught up with his body the kiss turned deeper, slowing to savour each caress, it became sweet and tender. Eventually, after several lingering kisses, Kyp broke for air. They both held each other, panting harshly, dazed by their own chemistry.

“Promise me all our kisses will be like this.” Jaina demanded.

“Better, Jaina.” Kyp swore, “So much better … each and every time.”

With that he lowered his head and caught her gasp in another scorching kiss.

It turned out it was a good thing that that other guy, Jaina struggled now to even recall his name, had broken their promise because it meant someone else could make his own.

Somehow Jaina knew, right then and there, that Kyp would keep this vow. And soon they’d be making other vows.

First though, they had to get out of this turbolift.

The automatic computer for the elevator spoke through the speakers:
    This lift has been motionless for ten minutes. Do you require assistance?

In unison, Kyp and Jaina's kisses dissolved into laughter. No, they agreed, they didn’t need any assistance.

Fin.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Blocked by safety systems! [face_rofl]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Scrumptious, like chocolate! :D [face_love] I love the warmth of the connection between Jaina and Jacen, so uncluttered with darkish undertones. :) Then Kyp and Jaina :) [face_sigh] Vulnerable Kyp is adorbs!

Kahara likes this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I so wanted to read this but I cannot bring myself to do so as I have NEVER been a Jaina/Kyp Shipper.......and it really makes me feel awkward! SO SORRY :(

5. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Or possibly saved by them....there's always a camera in those things. Now if they can just find a room!

Yeah to the Solo twins being....well, the Solo twins!

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  6. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    So it would seem.. :p

Glad you liked the brother/sister moment, I enjoyed writing that scene. Thanks, I like Kyp when he drops his guard. He can be cute in those moments! [face_batting]

Not a problem, everyone has their shipper favs and preferences. :) If you are interested I've just dropped a cute Luke/Mara scene, inspired by another MMM challenge, on my Infinite Drabbles Collection. No pressure though if its not your thing. [face_peace] Hope to see you elsewhere on the boards!

Haha! I forgot about the cameras..! :oops:
    Aww, I know right? I miss the Solo twins!

Thanks for clicking on this! :)

7. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    Wow! I really liked this. I really love Kyp and Jaina. Wonderful story!