main
side
curve

MOD One Mod Away, ah ah ah! - Mira's back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Oct 12, 2022.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Shhh, I know that I nicked the title from the old NSW thread, but it's too good to not use twice! (ah ah ah! :p)

With a new mod team, we figured that it's time for a new Mod Away thread! I'm happy to kick things off by reporting that I'm going to be offline tomorrow through Sunday. I'm going up north to camp in the UP and enjoy the lovely fall colors, where there's little cell reception and even less of a reliable connection to the internet. But you have devil and Finds here to turn to if you need a mod in the meantime! I know that I'm leaving the forum in excellent hands. [face_love]

. . . that said, try not to have too much fun while I'm away. ;) [face_mischief]

[:D]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Ammonia-Breathing Fanfic Mod in Pink star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Sending a definite yah to da U.P., eh! Have an absolutely amazing time, Mira; I bet it is gorgeous up there at this time of year. We'll keep an eye on things for you! <3

3. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    What is the UP? :p I'm trying to run through all the possible acronyms here, but there's a lot, and I don't imagine you're setting sail for Paradise Falls in a balloon house?

Enjoy your time away! [:D] Have so much fun!

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Ammonia-Breathing Fanfic Mod in Pink star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    The UP is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Known to be a beautiful place with lots of character! :D

5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Admin of Comms star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Enjoy your time camping, Mira! The fall colors should definitely be gorgeous!

One of my uncles has done quite a bit of traveling up there with his partner now that he is retired from teaching high school history and he's praised the nature there as being spectacular.

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fan Fiction Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Have fun storming the castle, Mira! I'll just get out the party cannon - ahem, sit here docilely and await your return [face_batting] [face_mischief] [:D]

7. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Force Ghost star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Personally, I plan to have exactly zero fun until your return.

What did you think was going to be under here? o_O [face_whistling]

jcgoble3, Mira_Jade , Kahara and 4 others like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Camping is cosplaying as homeless.

Sleep in a bed. In a house with HVAC
    And city sewer, so your pee is not soaking in the ground you are sleeping on.

9. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    You got me, you scamp, I laughed out loud.

jcgoble3, Mira_Jade , Kahara and 3 others like this.
  10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The great thing is that you both know exactly what I thought was going to be under that spoiler tag each time, and then it wasn't. [face_laugh] :p o_O

That said: I'M BACK!! It's fantastic to see that you were all lovely folks for devil and Finds while I as gone! You hid all evidence of your wild shenanigans most excellently; I'm proud of you! [face_mischief]

My trip was awesome and restorative (so much gorgeous nature [face_hypnotized]), but now I'm eager to sit down in a properly climate-controlled house and enjoy the modern conveniences we take for granted in order to write all of the words. So, here I go!

[:D]

Kahara, Gabri_Jade, Tarsier and 4 others like this.