main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Online SW Trading Card Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by LAJ_FETT , May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN has news of the Online SW Trading Card Game and a plea for help from the rebelbasers
    site here. If you are a fan of the TCG, why not check them out?

2. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Looks fantastic. Why is it that the RPG player's comittee has been allowed by WOTC to make new cards, yet Decipher has not allowed the CCG players comittee to do the same??? Pity as I's love to see some new CCG cards.

3. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Because technically WOTC still has the Star Wars license and Decipher doesn't. (My guess).

Although, the PC (SW:CCG/Decipher's game) is making new named cards, so for the first time in SW:CCG's history, there are Kessel locations, and other new cards such as IL-9[v], etc.

4. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    DO you have a link to these new CCG cards??

5. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    http://www.swccgpc.com/

The new v-cards (virtual cards) are in the download section. I would also recommend joining the forums as its a great way to keep in touch with all of the players.

6. braylon

braylon Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2008
    Can't see that this is SW-related (or trading card related)

7. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    That's basically it. I remember at one point 2ndQuest made a fanastic expansion set for AOTC and had great plans to keep making new cards for the fans but Lucasfilm made him take it down because of the fact that the images belonged to Lucasfilm. Anyways, I think the cards still exist......but without the images.

8. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    They do. Thats what the virtual cards are. Their the basic templates/barebones of what the Decipher cards were (ie. the bottom text/deploy area). So if you want to play with *Vader from the 2-player set, you can now do it - with the new *Vader[v]. You just play with sleeves and slide the text into the sleeve.

9. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    So these are just virtual cards? You can't buy packs in stores? I'm dying for either Star Wars or Lord of the Rings to get a new CCG/TCG together so I can get the cards and make sets in binders.

10. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    As far as the SW:CCG; it is unlikely that any company will pick up the license. Since 2001 when Decipher lost the license, the Players Committee picked up where they left off, and are now releasing Virtual Set #16. Basically, the PC has added an additional 1000-1250 cards to the game.

Virtual Set #16 is titled: "Revenge of the Sith" and is including cards like: *Katana[v], **Jedi Starfighter[v], Order 66[v], Supreme Chancellor Palpatine[v] amongst other EU and EP2 and EP3 things.

These are not dreamcards nor are they new images. They are simply PDF files that you print, cut out, and post the text over existing cards (for example: Green Squadron 1 = **Jedi Starfighter[v], and Dreadnaught = *Katana[v]).

For more information you can PM me or go to: http://www.swccgpc.com/ and their forums: http://www.swccgpc.com/forums/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.