main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Only This Can Save The Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Nadroj ilain, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadroj ilain

Nadroj ilain Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    So I have watched and read a lot of star wars material and I believe I have a way to fix the sequel trilogy. This is fairly opinionated but I welcome all responses. I hope to create a dialogue of what you guys might like to see in the new movie and what those who didn't like the last jedi would add to the new movie in order to improve continuity and the story.

In my opinion the only way JJ Abrams can get me interested in to the new trilogy and vested in a possible future trilogy would be introducing Ahsoka Tano in episode IX.

For one it seems like this trilogy is about strong female characters and starting new. Who symbolizes that more than the young padawan Ahsoka Tano who left the jedi order. From what I remember there are no canon sources that state the life expectancy of togruta.

Introducing Ahsoka Tano in to the new trilogy would not undermine Rey.
    No matter how Episode IX plays out theres no way we can truly call Rey a Jedi master and I don't see how they can make it believable in one episode that Rey is able to establish a new Jedi Order. Ahsoka Tano however taking on Rey as her full fledged padawan and them establishing a new jedi order is more believable. We also have seen that Padawans were involved in helping train younglings as they themselves received instructions from their masters.

This could also be a great way for Rey to receive some actual training in light saber combat which in my opinion needs to happen.
    Ahsoka Tano offers up a vast variety of ways to create that connection that's missing for many fans. It opens up dialogue as a Force Ghost Obi Wan, force ghost yoda, and force ghost Anakin have attachments to Ahsoka. It would also allow for C3PO and R2D2 to come back in to the fold more as Ahsoka has worked with them before and would most certainly choose to use them over BB8.

I mentioned light saber training before but imagine a bad ass Ahsoka in combat with all the KOR with her dual wielded green light sabers while Rey takes on Kylo Ren! A scene like that alone would be epic to watch.
    Speaking of Kylo Ren...imagine a scene with them together...Kylo who reveres his grandfather and the anakins former padawan. Incredibly powerful scenes can be created here that can tie together ALL of the trilogies.

2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    In before the lock

3. Nadroj ilain

Nadroj ilain Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    What??? have I somehow gone against the rules? this is my first post :(

4. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think that the problem here is, while you are perfectly entitled to feel that bringing Ahsoka in will save the trilogy, not everyone would agree with that solution, or even that the ST needs saving. They can never please all the fans. All they can do is tell the story they believe in. If some fans don't like that, that's perfectly fine, but many fans are very happy with the way things they are going. Sometimes the story goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.

5. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    In the context of the movies, most people would be wondering where this powerful new Jedi has suddenly come from. Not everyone watches the TV shows or reads comics. As far as the average viewer is concerned, Rey is the Last Jedi.

Satipo likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This doesn't warrant a new thread... we have existing threads where people can discuss their opinions about the future of the ST. Locking.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.