main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Oonta Goota, Everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Cantina Crawler, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cantina Crawler

Cantina Crawler Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2019
    Hi, all. I'm a long time user of TFN, but it was only recently that I thought delving into the community would be a good idea!

I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan - started with the junior novelizations of the OT when I was a kid and worked my way up through the various films from there.

There's so much great stuff happening with the brand right now. It's a good time to be a Star Wars fan!

I love all eras of Star Wars and the in-depth discussion the franchise brings, but I'm specifically very interested in the marketing and cultural impact of the first film back in 1977.

I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone about a Galaxy Far, Far Away! :c3po:

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Hello @Cantina Crawler! And Welcome! I'm also a long time fan. Was sitting in a theater with my dad in 1977. Did a poster for one of the books for a school contest. *cough*Splinter Of The Minds Eye*cough*
    I hope you enjoy your time here!

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @Cantina Crawler !!! Another Oldbie/n00b!! Loving it!! I was 11 in 1977............so yeah, I was there too. Agreed, it is an amazing time to be a SW Fan, and us Original fans have more passion than these new fly by nighters!! The ones 'I was a fan' but I grew up'......Growing old is Mandatory, growing up....is not!! ;)

If you need help with anything just ask, the old fart above me and myself are happy to help you.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard @Cantina Crawler Let us know if you have any questions about navigating the forums.

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome! I’m glad you decided to jump in. :)

Are you excited for the new films?

6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Welcome aboard! It's great to meet someone enthusiastic about all the different eras of Star Wars. I'm sure you'll find everyone here very helpful in navigating the forums and making you feel welcome to join in on the many discussions going on here (I'm fairly new here too, and that has been my experience). :)

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    So, what was on the poster? A steel kitten?

8. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Elementary school, Sarge. Ancient history.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You're avoiding the question, don't wait for the translation, what was on the poster?

10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    As I recall...
    * Waves fog away *
    It was similar to the original Star Wars poster. Big Vader in the center. Heroes surrounding.

But, enough hijacking @Cantina Crawler's post. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    @Sarge = Bully. :p

Sorry for the hijack !!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    DarthIshyZ and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  12. Cantina Crawler

Cantina Crawler Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2019
    Thank you (an everyone else) for the warm welcome! Unfortunately, despite my interest in the original film, I was not around for the theatrical release. I was born right in time for the prequels to make sense, but my first ever Star Wars experience was an old re-run of A New Hope - right in the middle of the Death Star battle!

Thank you! Yes, I'm very excited for Rise of Skywalker and whatever comes next.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, sorry about the hijack.

But I still think Ishy just won't admit to drawing a steel kitten on his poster. :p

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Shshs. @Sarge - goading a Sith is so unbecoming of a good Jedi like yourself!

Arh so us oldies got excited for no reason! Gotta watch that with our ancient hearts !! Lol. Doesn't matter how old you are, you're here and that's what matters!!!

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the forums! If you ever need help feel free to ask

16. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @Cantina Crawler and welcome to the forums - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.