main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Opposite of Darth Writers Block?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by MsLanna, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I just wanted to know if you know him, and if he has a name?

Not the nice oopposite, though, but the nasty one, pushing fully formulated stories into you brain faster than you can write them down. 8-}
    The one spoiling your evening, becaue he won't let you off to bed and makes you drink coffee until your heart flutters on the brink of an attack, just so you can write it all down. [face_coffee]
    The one that comes at you in the train, when you don't have a keyboard, which wouldn't help that much anyway, because he's pushing faster that you could even type.[face_frustrated]
    The one making you go completly nuts because you know you have already forgotten more than you wrote down, since you just can't keep up.:mad:

And if anybody knows a way to ward him off.
    I don't like waking up with crapms in my wrist.:(

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Wow. :eek: I don't know him, but I wouldn't mind a few brief visits from him. Just as a change of pace in writing frustrations, you understand. :p

I'd be interested in learning his name, too . . . [face_thinking]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Darth Creative Diarrhea? Not that I suffer from it.. (I'd like to though!)

4. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Darth Obsessive Compulsive Or DOC for short. :p

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Darth Rabid Plot Bunny???

LAJ_FETT, Darth Creative Diarrhea?? That nearly had me spewing coffee this morning. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I agree though, I'd love to be visited by him... or would it be a her?

6. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I sometimes get plagued by the worst of both worlds: Darth Deranged Plot Bunny, who gives me tons of raw ideas that I get writer's block trying to use.

- lazy

7. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Darth Rabid Plot Bunny... I am always afflicted by that at the worst times. Traffic. The grocery store. Anywhere where I look like a fool digging in my purse for a pen and a scrap of paper to jot down the notes or turn of phrase before I forget it with my Swiss-cheese-like memory :).

My problem is that I type so much faster than I can handwrite, and the scrawl that's left for me to decipher when I'm forced to handwrite is sometimes so bad I can't even remember what the great idea was LOL!

8. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_thinking] I don't think it was Darth Rabid Plot Bunny, since he wanted me to write down half a viggie and four essays, all completely finished and all at once. Like so many little guys sitting in your head reading the texts to you and all you have to do ist keep up with the writing. With all of them.
    Which is pretty difficult.
    Maybe with steno you can write as fast as somebody reads/talks, but handwriting?[face_plain]
    I wants a laptop.
    And the second parts of the essays back.[face_plain]

9. Darth_Tequila

Darth_Tequila Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2006
    Hello.

Many - many nights, mornings I guess, to the 1-2 AM point banging mine out.

I always saw the end very clearly, just needed to GET there.

Marc

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I don't know but whoever you call it, send it my way!!!![face_praying]

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Darth Plot Enema...makes it all flow out.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I keep a little notebook in my purse now. And if my kids see me sribbling in it, they look at each other knowingly and say, "Plot bunny!" [face_laugh]

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I used to do that, but it's much more amusing to people when I groan "Plot bunnyyyyyyyyyyyyy..."

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    It's only for specific stories, though. My SM/ST crossover? I've got bunnies up the wazoo. For anything else? *Tumbleweed blows by*

15. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    The plot bunnies are breeding! Quick, get something heavy so you can defend yourself from them! ;)

16. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Don't you know Ish, the opposite of Darth Writers Block is my kitchen table!
    The response you make to my amazingly talented piece of furniture is "Owwwww!"

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, I do, but after that I go "plot bunnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" The "owwwwwwww" has to do with the fact that it gives me a migraine to be overwhelmed so suddenly by a plot bunny.

18. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I suffer from having too many ideas at once. I have so many half-complete stories on my computer because I keep starting new ones all the time. And while this allows me a lot of variety in my writing, it keeps me from completing anything.

GRRR. :mad:

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Ironically, my creative juices need to be primed, usually by challenges. When I've got no challenge, I'm usually inert. Like right now! AAAARRRRGGGG! [face_worried]

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Quick, somebody challenge brodiew! ;)

21. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm so desperate that I started writing poetry.8-} Its lucky that only 4 lines were produced:

They sat in the temple robed in their pride
    While discussing the darkness that none could forsee.
    And one among them, concerned of his bride,
    Would knowingly move toward his destiny.

22. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Oh I get plenty of ideas. I just lack the motivation to flesh most of them out. :p Woe is me. [face_laugh]

*eyes Gabri menacingly* Don't make me send my minions after you. [face_shame_on_you] ;)

23. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh lord. That's me, right there. [face_laugh] My Documents and WRITINGS - ASAP are two folders on my desktop gathering dust.

I define the opposite of DWB as The Zone. It's not just the ideas, because those are easy enough to come up with. It's the words, the plot, details, dialogue, every little thing that I'm usually too lazy to sit around and think up. :p So when I'm in The Zone, I know it's not going to last for long. That's why I get snappish when people interrupt me. [face_laugh]

24. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I agree. It sucks when you have too many stories in your head. For one thing most of us don't have the time to write them all with RL interfering, which means we try to get others who appear to have more time to adopt the bunny and end up writing very long run on sentences. Just to get the little bunny to shut up and be appeased.

Attack of the Plot Bunnies! Is an attack of Darth Oveactive Muse.

8-}

25. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I'll thwack your minions, then come after you. :p

Eureka! I do believe you've found the exact name. Darth Overactive Muse, Darth Writer's Block's evil twin. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.