main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Order 65 Diary challenge Completed Dec 17th 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I paced my holding cell as a clone trooper made his entrance causing me to stop in mid stride to look at the clone. I resumed pacing feeling agitated. Palpatine didn’t plan to leave me alone long enough to plan an escape. I frowned wondering how to get at the Ysalarmari but it began to look less and less promising.

“Commander Fress,” the clone spoke sounding a bit surprised. “You’re the prisoner I’ve been asked to keep an eye on?”

I stopped as I looked at the clone with a frown. I thought for sure Palpatine would bring in clones I have yet to work with. “What is your name and the reason for that is because I’m trying to stop him. He’s conducting both sides of the war.” The trooper took off his helmet causing me to smile slightly. “Rex, I thought you were done with the military?”

“Anakin asked me to come in hoping Palpatine would lead me to you,” Rex explained with a smile. “He’s deliberatly agreeing with Palpatine in an attempt to find you. The animal is outside the cell. I can kill it.”

“No,” I cautioned with a frown. “If you did, Palpatine will know. He will sense the bubble in the Force is gone. You’re better off letting Anakin know where I am, it will allow him to come up with a plan for escape. Palpatine is too smart for that.”

“This is the plan,” Rex said as he brought the helmet on his head.

“I have an idea,” I said with a grin. “You said the Ysalamari is outside the door? Let’s take it with us.”

“What do you plan to do with it if we run into trouble?” Rex questioned and I could just imagine the disbelief look on his face. “Why not just kill them now?”

“I want to keep Palpatine guessing. And we can always kill it on a moments notice, no big deal,” I answered with a frown as Rex nodded in agreement. “If he can’t sense where I am, he won’t I’m gone until it’s too late. Besides, you said two right? We’ll leave one here.”

“Why do I suddenly have a bad feeling about this?”

TBC

@Hazel, @Jade_eyes, @Alexis_Wingstar, @DaenaBenjen42

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! =D= :cool: I love outsmarting Sith updates LOL

JediFalcon likes this.
  3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Ah, very smart plan, Fress has devised. I'm glad Anakin is playing Palpy for once instead of the other way around. [face_dancing]

JediFalcon and Jade_eyes like this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah, it's nice to see Palpatine being played instead of the other way around. I'm rooting for the plan to work.

Jade_eyes and JediFalcon like this.
  5. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    Awesome story. i wonder what Fress looks like though?

JediFalcon likes this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Someone drew up Fress for me and she's the girl in my avatar but the other isn't Jess. I'm using Fress in Interventions role playing game the other in the avatar belongs to CPL_Majca, his rp character is named Josch Decinchi. We will be bringing the two in the RP together in marriage and the daughters name will be Keria.

Bascially if you replace the red hair with blond, then that's what she looks like ;)

I actually like Fress better as a red head. Not sure why though.

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I glanced back at Rex who had the cage on his back and muttering a little about having to carry it. I could barely stand being near one let along carrying one. I was nearly collapsing to my knees when I tried to carry it nearly feeling sick in a real bad fog. As we neared the office where they had my lightsaber I put up a hand as Rex came to a stop behind me.

I glanced into the room as Rex walked up beside me. I took a few deep breaths to keep the sickening feeling at bay. I stepped into the room lightly as Dooku kept his back to me as I picked up my lightsaber from the table sitting near him and placed it on my belt and grabbed the robe sitting beside the lightsaber. I was tempted to take his lightsabers from his belt and slam the door shut but I felt that would’ve alerted him to my presence.

I backed out of the room as Rex waited patiently. With any luck Dooku will have no clue what had taken place until we were gone from this place.

Moving the Force bubble around seemed to have an advantage in my favor despite how it was making me feel. I nodded to Rex as he placed the cage down near the door. I grinned knowing this would give us the freedom to move and Dooku wouldn’t be the wiser. We walked away as I glanced at Rex. “Palpatine?”

“Office,” Rex answered as we neared the door to freedom. “Anakin is waiting near the building. Everything swung south two hours ago.”

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach as I pulled the robe over my head. “Too late to act,” I whispered as the door blew in. Anakin looked at me as he gestured for both of us to run. We ran for the door as Anakin ran to the shuttle as we quickly followed him up the ramp.

“And we’re out of here,” I said as I strapped in beside him in the co-pilots seat. Anakin lifted the shuttle off the ground and floored it for space. “What about Padme?”

“Medical off planet,” Anakin explained with a frown as he pulled on a lever, the ship turned invisible as we climbed for space. “She’s close to delivering and will go into labor anytime now. The sooner we get back to her, the better I will feel. How did you get past Dooku?”

Anakin put a cloacking device on this ship? I thought with a frown. “He will know we’re gone by now,” I explained with a slight grin. “They left two animals by the door that creates a bubble in the Force. We left one animal by my room and the other near Dooku. It allowed me to move through the complex undetected,” I grinned at Anakin as he pushed the ship towards a blockaide.

“Coordinates are set,” Anakin explained as he reached for the hyperspace lever. “Let’s just get out of here and that was pretty quick thinking.”

Anakin pulled back on the hyperspace lever as I looked at him with a frown. “Where’s Jess?”

“He took Padme to the medical center for me,” Anakin answered as he stood up. “Don’t worry, he’s safe.”

“Are you glad you listened to reason?” I questioned as I stood up.

“I would’ve missed my children being born. Yes I’m happy I listened to reason, it will make our lives a little more difficult until Palpatine is taken care of,” Anakin gave a weary smile as we headed to where Rex was unstrapping himself. “Thanks for you help, Rex. I really appreciate it.”

Rex smiled as I hugged him. “You’re a good friend, Rex. Where is Ahsoka?”

“With Jess and Padme,” Anakin answered as he sat down on one of the seats. “Thanks to your warnings, Fress. We evacuated the temple before the Clones marched in. Everyone is safe, except for the ones on the front lines.”

I leaned my head back thankful most were safe but felt sad about the ones who didn’t make it. I closed my eyes as I felt a blanket being placed over me. Anakin sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me. We were on our own now. The Jedi faced a difficult road ahead.

TBC

@Hazel, @Jade_eyes, @Alexis_Wingstar, @DaenaBenjen42, Venator88

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super to have such good, true allies and friends as Ahsoka and Rex. Helps that Anakin saw reason, in time. :)

JediFalcon likes this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, good friends are a wonderful treasure :)

JediFalcon likes this.
  10. Venator77

May 2, 2013
    Yes! That's what I'm talking about. I wonder if Fress duels Palpatine. I hope she holds out if she does.

JediFalcon likes this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat down beside Rex as we watched Anakin try and wear a hole through the floor of the ship. I knew he was worried about Padme and considering her condition, I couldn’t blame him for worrying. I had a feeling she was fine. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes knowing the night mare that laid a head of us.

“I’m sure Padme is fine, Anakin,” Rex spoke and I could just picture a frown on his face.

“Just anxious, she’s expecting and I’m going to be a father soon,” Anakin said as I heard him resume his pacing.

“I wonder if the galaxy is ready for another Skywalker…” I questioned as I could feel Anakin’s glare on me. “One is hard enough to keep track of as is.”

I heard Rex chuckling at the comment. “Maybe we’ll be lucky and the kid will be more like Padme.”

“You know she’s good at getting into trouble as Anakin is,” I pointed out as I opened my eyes and locked eye contact with Anakin. “It’s the truth. You two will have your hands full when he or she will get into the teenage years.”

Anakin rolled his eyes as he resumed his pacing. “I meditated on that one dream that I was having about Padme dying…”

“Was she yelling out as if in pain?” I questioned with a frown. “That’s normal she is pushing out a small human being after all. It’s painful to give birth, that’s why there’s a pain killer for it. They stick this long needle in your spine…”

Anakin shuddered at the thought as he stared at me. “I was the reason she died. If I fell to the dark side, she would’ve died from heart break.”

“Oh,” I paused for a second as I stood up and hugged Anakin. “I’m glad you figured things out.”

“Me too,” Anakin took a step back as a beeping sounded. We were coming out of hyperspace. “We’re here,” he ran into the cockpit as I followed quickly on his heels. I knew he was happy to get back to Padme’s side and it would take the Defender to drag Anakin out of the room again.

I sat down in the co-pilot chair and strapped in as Anakin got ready to take the ship out of hyperspace. He pulled back on the lever and the lines disappeared. He typed in a code and hit send.

Two minutes later we received instructions on where to land. I couldn’t wait to see Jess again. I missed him terrably and I only hoped he missed me too. As Anakin landed the shuttle I spotted Ahsoka and Jess waiting for us to set down. Padme wasn’t among them which I felt Anakin’s anxiety spike another notch as I placed my hand on his shoulder. “It’ll be fine, I’m sure she’s just resting.”

“Resting, yeah that’s it,” Anakin said as he stood up. “I’m sure everything is fine…”

“Would you relax,” I said as I stood up. “Giving birth is a beautiful and painful thing, and it’s hard on the body,” I headed towards the ramp of the ship where Rex and Ahsoka were kissing each other causing me to grin. I felt someone gently take a hold of me and before I could protest warm sweet lips was pressed against mine. I closed my eyes as I soaked in Jess’s scent causing my stomach to do flip flops. I pulled back and looked up into his brown eyes. “Miss me?”

“I have been worried sick out of my mind since you disappeared. I’m relieved we found you,” Jess explained as he looked into my eyes. I could see the pain and torment as he spoke. I knew he loved me in that moment. He turned his attention to Anakin. “Padme would’ve been here but she went into labor fifteen minutes ago, the medic was hooking her up and checking her over. She’ll be ready for vistors in a couple of minutes.”

If I didn’t think it was possible, Anakin’s feelings through the Force skyrocketed causing me to frown. I walked over, placed my hands on his shoulders and forced him to look at me. “Relax, take a few deep breaths. Padme is going to need you, and you need to keep your calm and witts about you. Just remind her to breathe and keep an eye on the contractions on the monitor. If anything happens or changes, you let the medic know. Right? Having your nerves skyrocketing is not going to help Padme or the baby.”

Anakin’s shoulders droped a little as he focused on some meditation breathing and I felt his feelings begin to calm through the Force. “You’re right. I need to keep focused because Padme will find it more difficult to focus.”

“Master Skywalker, Padme is asking for you, “the medic said as he walked out. “You may go in now. She’s asking for Padawan Colias as well.”

Anakin took a deep breath and slowly released it as we walked into the small room that was setup for her. Anakin walked to her bedside and took a hold of Padme’s hand as she smiled. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m feeling better now that you’re back,” Padme commented as she looked at Fress. “I’m relieved to see the mission was success.”

“It’s good to see you too, Padme,” I said as I leaned over the bed and hugged her. “I can’t wait to hold the baby.”

“Anakin, you may want to sit down because I have some news,” Padme spoke with a gentle tone.

“Is something wrong?” Anakin questioned in concern.

“Nothing bad,” Padme answered reassuringly. “The medics just discovered I’m carrying twins.”

“Twins?” Anakin questioned as his eyes lit up. “May be a boy and a girl?” He questioned in a hopeful tone.

“We’ll know in a few hours from now,” Padme answered in a relieved tone. “You’re not too freaked out are you?”

“I don’t think so, Padme,” I spoke up as I watched Anakin’s face turn to excited. “His eyes lit up with excitement when you told him.”

“No I’m not, all the more to love,” Anakin glowered with happiness as he leaned over Padme and kissed her on the lips causing me to grin.

“Good,” Padme said as she leaned back into the bed. “Obi-Wan is here...”

And the nervousness came back causing me to smirk. “He was bound to find out sooner or later.”

“That’s not helping, Fress,” Anakin pointed out as he looked towards the door.

I turned around and saw Obi-Wan standing in the door frame with Jess, Ahsoka, and Master Yoda standing off to the side. “Anakin, it seems you’ve been keeping something from me.”

“Come in, may we?” Yoda asked with a smile. “New life being born, wonderful it is. Even if, disobeyed the council you did.”

Anakin nodded as I watched both of the masters enter the room. “I am prepared to leave the Jedi if that is what you decide.”

“Come now, Anakin,” Obi-Wan spoke with a frown. “This is the will of Force and we can’t intefere,” he explained with a smile.

“Short on masters, we are,” Yoda explained. “Fully trained you are. Needed your skills will be.”

“We are prepared to offer you and Padme your space to raise the twins. Anakin can help out, but we also need him to help train the next generation. Padme your skills as a politician will be needed for helping us put an end to this war. We will need to come up with a plan to stop Palpatine,” Obi-Wan explained with a frown. “Besides, Fress and Jess are dating. Ahsoka is dating Rex. Maybe it’s time for a new change in the order. We’re out of touch in how things should be.”

“You want to get back together with Satine, don’t you?” I questioned with a smirk.

“She would never agree to come with me. She would never leave her people. It wasn’t meant to be,” Obi-Wan gave a sad smile. “You and Jess on the other hand.”

“Can you give us a few days to think things over?” Anakin questioned as he looked deep into Padme’s eyes. “We have something more important to attend to at the moment.”

“Of course,” Obi-Wan quickly agreed as Yoda made his way out of the room. “You have the birthing of your children on the mind at the moment.”

“Obi-Wan,” Anakin spoke with a smile. “Padme and I would be honored if you viewed our children as your grandchildren.”

“Thank you,” Obi-Wan said with a genuine smile. “I feel honored.”

“Anakin views you as a father,” Padme explained with a smile. “It feels right.”

Obi-Wan leaned over the bed and hugged Padme then Anakin. “I look forward to meeting them.”

I began to wonder if the galaxy was really ready for Skywalker twins. Ready or not, it was happening and I was happy for both of them. I was relieved to know Anakin had things figured out and didn’t fall to the dark side. He would’ve missed the second most important day in his life. The birth of his children.

Tbc

Thoughts comments feedback

@Hazel, @Jade_eyes, @Alexis_Wingstar, @DaenaBenjen42, @Venator88

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    War-&-fuzzy, Falcon =D=

JediFalcon likes this.
  13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, ready or not the Skywalker twins are coming :D That was a great chapter!

JediFalcon likes this.
  14. Venator77

May 2, 2013
    So beautiful. When is the duel coming? It's intense the way I imagined it (if there is a duel)

JediFalcon likes this.
  15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I paced the room as we waited on word from Anakin on how things were going. It was an hour since the medic kicked everyone out except Anakin and they made the request for Obi-Wan to stay. I smiled, it seemed right for Obi-Wan to be there. They were very much like a father and son. Considering Padme’s parents weren’t here, it seemed right. Jess was sitting off to the side as he patiently waited. “It’s exciting isn’t it?”

“It is, isn’t?” Jess questioned as Rex and Ahsoka sat off to the side. Ahsoka was leaning against Rex as he waited.

“What do you think, Rex?” I questioned wondering what was going through the clone’s mind at this moment.

“Considering I was born in a tube, I’m curious to see what all the fuss is about,” Rex commented as he rested his head lighly against Ahsoka’s head. “It wasn’t natural for me, but it will be interesting to see the natural way.”

“Rex,” the medic said as he walked out with a frown. “Padme and Anakin have requested your presence.”

“Did she give birth yet?” I questioned as I stopped pacing for a minute as he shook his head.

“She’s close to delivering. This was a last minute decision. We need to go now, it’s going to happen very soon, we should get back now,” the medic explained as I turned my attention to Rex.

“Rex, you better go now,” I encouraged with a smile. “I have a feeling Padme wants you to experience the miracle of birth.”

Rex nodded as he stood up from the chair. Ahsoka gave an encouraging smile as he followed the medic into the delivery room. “That was nice of Padme,” Ahsoka commented with a smile. “She’s something else isn’t she? It’s not a pretty sight.”

“Padme is wonderful indeed,” I agreed as Jess stood up and placed his arms around me. I leaned back into Jess’s strong arms. “I love you.”

“I love you,” Jess returned and I could hear the truth and love in his words as he said them.

Half an hour went by as Anakin finally stepped out into the waiting room with an expression of wonder on his face causing me to smile. Rex wasn’t too far behind with a slight sickening expression on his face. “Well Anakin? What did you have?”

“A boy and a girl,” Anakin answered with a smile as Obi-Wan quickly appeared behind Rex. “They’re in the process of cleaning up Padme and the twins. Rex passed out when Luke was born.”

“I did not,” Rex said as he stared at Anakin with a slight smile. “It’s not a pretty sight, but I’m no longer curious about this part anymore.”

“The fun part is making the kids,” Anakin said with an energetic grin. “You still have to experience…”

“We’ll see. I have a feeling Ahsoka and I may not be compatible,” Rex commented sadly.

“We can adopt,” Ahsoka suggested with a smile. “Besides, who says we can’t try even if just for fun.”

Rex grinned as he kissed Ahsoka. “You’re the best, Ahsoka.”

“So what did you name the girl?” I questioned with curiosity.

“Leia,” Anakin answered with a proud smile. “I have a daughter and a son.”

“Both are Force sensitive,” Obi-Wan explained with a frown. “They will develop a strong bond between them and will eventually need training.”

“Though, you did look a little green around the gills when you walked back out, Rex,” I pointed out with a slight smirk. “Something happened in that room.”

“I passed out when Leia came out,” Rex answered honestly causing Jess to snicker. “It looked very painful and I understand why they made clones instead.”

“Didn’t take you one with a weak stomach, Rex, especially after everything we’ve been through,” I teased causing Rex to glare. “Careful, your face might freeze that way.”

Rex rolled his eyes as I walked to Anakin and hugged him. “Congrats Sky Guy, now we have little Sky Guy and Sky Gal to help watch over. Make sure you get enough sleep while you’re here. It’ll be two months before they start sleeping through the night.”

“Thanks Fress,” Anakin returned the hug. “And I know. It’s okay. Thank you.”

I heard the sincerity in Anakin’s tone and I suspected it had to do with me warning him ahead of time. If he fell to the dark side, he wouldn’t be here to witness the birth of his children. “You’re welcome.”

I took a step back as everyone else took their turns hugging Anakin. As Anakin hugged Obi-Wan, I heard him whisper “I’m a father, Obi-Wan.”

“Now you will understand what I went through when raising and training you,” Obi-Wan quickly added in a amused tone causing me to giggle.

“You know what they say, bad behavior comes back ten fold,” I teased with a smirk. “You will have your hands full in thirteen years from now. Especially when Leia starts bringing home the boys. I remember something about you leaving Padme’s ex in the hands of the enemy. I feel sorry for the boy who attempts to win her heart because they will have you to deal with," which only caused Anakin to glare daggers at me as I smiled sweetly.

“Obi-Wan can train the boy,” Anakin gave a mischief grin causing Obi-Wan to shake his head sadly.

“Oh no you don’t, Anakin, one Skywalker was enough, let alone two,” Obi-Wan explained with a frown. “And how do you know it will be Luke who takes after you personality wise? How do we know it won’t be Leia?”

I grinned as a medic walked out with two bundles in his arms as everyone turned in his direction. Anakin took one as Obi-Wan took the other. I walked forward and took a look at each. “They’re adorable.” I cooed as Anakin allowed me to take Luke from him. Jess looked over my shoulder as I moved the towel aside to get a better look. Luke had Anakin’s eyes, there was no doubt about it. “We have to stop Palpatine or their future will be war.”

Jess nodded in agreement as he took ahold of Leia. She looked more like Padme then Anakin. Maybe someday when things settle down, Jess and I will be able to start our own family. I prayed we stopped the war in time.

TBC

Hazel, Jade_eyes, Venator88, DaenaBenjen42, Alexis_Wingstar

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Falcon: Loved the teasing and the tenderness. Such a gentle, loving tone between friends and couples. [:D] Rex and Ahsoka particularly were fun to read more on. :)

JediFalcon likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was great! :)

JediFalcon likes this.
  18. Venator77

May 2, 2013
    Rex's reaction = Priceless!! [face_rofl]

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Am I actually wandering into an SW fic for basically the first time in a month? Ack. (illness and housecleaning... really...)

And... yay!!! Twins are here!!! And Rex got to be present for it! (And... hee!!!!!!)

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked out to the edge of the cliff to watch as Tatoo One then Tatoo two began to sink below the equator. Anakin had grumbled the whole day since we arrived considering he never planned to come back here. What choice did we have? Considering Anakin made the vow to never return here and it was controlled by the Hutts, it seemed like the logical choice.

Padme asked if Jess and I would venture out to bring her parents here so they could meet their grandchildren. The only issue I found with this was, they were most likely being watched and would be followed by Palpatine’s spies in order to find us. That would take some planning to do it right to prevent from being caught. I closed my eyes wondering how to pull it off. A good night’s sleep would be in order. Secondly they would need to get into contact with her parents ahead of time.

While they would bring Padme’s parents here, Padme and some of the other senators are working on getting the evidence they need to convict Palpatine out of office without too much fuss. I had a feeling it would take a lot more then just drawing up papers. It was going to take a war to do it.

“Hey you,” Jess whispered as I felt him wrap his arms around me. “You’re in deep thought, what’s on your mind?”

“Bringing Padme’s parents here, I’m not sure this is a good idea. They are most likely being watched and will be followed,” I explained with a frown as I leaned back into Jess. “It’s not going to be easy, one wrong move and the Empire will find us and they will take the twins.”

“I agree, we should wait until after the heat dies down,” Jess agreed as he rested his head on top of mine. “I know Padme wants her parents to meet her grandchildren and I don’t blame her. We have to look at the larger holo and figure out the pros and cons.”

“We’ll talk more about this after a good nights sleep,” I said as the twin suns sunk below the equator. “We should go back in.”

“Fress, Jess, we’re shutting down the power, are you coming?” Anakin called out causing me to smile.

“We’ll be right there, Anakin,” I called back as Jess nuzzled my ear. His hot breath warmed my cheek. I closed my eyes as Jess began to kiss the nape of my neck working his way around to my mouth. I deepened the kiss suddenly feeling warm all over. I pulled back with a mischief smile. “We should go back in before Anakin realizes what we’re doing.”

“Let him wonder,” Jess huskily muttered. “I get you to myself for an extra few minutes.”

No other words were spoken as we lay on the cooling sand. A few minutes later Anakin walked up to us with a frown. I knew what he was going to tell us. Tatooine wasn’t safe at night with all the Raiders around. I stood up as Jess stood up and we followed Anakin back into the dwelling without a single word spoken.
    --------------------
    I walked into the kitchen as Anakin glanced at me looking blary eyed causing me to smirk. Twins must’ve kept both of them up. “Morning Ani.”

“Morning,” Anakin returned as he sat down at the table with a cup of caf in his cup. “So what’s on the agenda today?”

“We’re meeting with Bail and Mon later today,” I answered with a frown as I fixed myself a cup and sat down at the table. “I know Padme wants Jess and I to bring her parents here, but in all honesty. They are most likely being watched and they will attempt to follow them here.”

“I agree,” Anakin sighed in frustration. “I told her that and she still wants it to happen.”

“Well, we need to come up with a way for that to happen without being followed,” I pointed out with a frown.

“We already have made the arrangements,” Anakin commented causing me to look up. “They are with Mon and Bail today.”

“You’re kidding?” I questioned in a surprised tone wondering how he pulled this one off. I wasn’t sure I really wanted to know. “All right, as long as they are not being followed. It should be okay.”

“Thanks Fress, we appreciate it,” Anakin said with a smile then frowned. “Still need to figure out what to do with a bag of bones.”

I smiled to myself knowing he was talking about Palpatine. He needed to be stopped but now he’s made it nearly impossible to stand against him. “Need to get in close enough to cut off the head of a snake, the question is how since he’s implimented heavy security.”

“He doesn’t want to have anyone challenge him, and that will be the trick,” Obi-Wan commented as he sat down at the table. “You look like you were up all night.”

“No one said raising twins would be easy,” Anakin countered back with a snip.

“Wait until they learn to talk back,” I teased causing Anakin to roll his eyes. “Obi-Wan,” I greeted with a smile. “Any ideas?”

“It will be difficult to get past security,” Obi-Wan mused as Jess sat down at the table. “We will have to plan carefully. Or we could end up in a war for the next twenty years.”

“We’re most likely on the top most wanted lists by now, bounty hunters will be out in an attempt to take us in,” Jess pointed out with a frown.

“That is why we’re meeting in neutral territory,” I explained with a frown. “There is no point in chancing it.”

“Too bad we couldn’t send in a gift that explodes as soon as Palpatine opens the package,” Rex commented as he sat down. “You look worse then death, Anakin.”

“Funny,” Anakin shook his head as he stood up and turned on the stove. “I can’t wait until the twins start sleeping through the night.”

“I bet,” I had this funny feeling Anakin was allowing Padme to sleep in. That’s why she hadn’t made an appearance yet. “Where are the twins, Anakin?”

“Hmmmm?” Anakin questioned minded absently causing me to frown. “I changed and fed them some formula and put them down for a nap.”

I noticed Anakin was frying some meat along with eggs causing me to smile. “Need any help?”

“I’m good, Fress. Thanks,” Anakin answered as he flipped the eggs over.

“Why don’t you let Rex and I look after the twins allowing you and Padme to get some much needed rest,” Ahsoka offered with a grin as she sat down beside Rex who greeted her with a kiss.

“Last night was fun, Ahsoka, thanks,” Rex greeted with a sly smile.

“If that smile is anything to go by,” Anakin commented with a wide grin. “What did you do? Play run around the bush?”

“Something like that,” Ahsoka answered with a sly smile. “Rex was given a lesson 101 in love making.”

“Please Ahsoka, can you talk about something else?” I questioned feeling my face go flush. Jess and I hadn’t gotten that far yet and we were waiting for just the right time. Rex blushed fiercely causing me to smirk. “Enjoy yourself?” I just couldn’t help but tease the poor boy.

“Yes,” Rex admitted. “Now I know why Anakin suggested it…”

Jess punched Rex in the arm. “Nice job old boy.”

“Now you’re a true man,” Anakin teased as he set down a plate of meat and eggs. “Breakfast is ready.”

“What about Padme?” I questioned with a concerned expression.

“She needs sleep, and she isn’t much of a meat eater to begin with,” Anakin answered as he piled some food on his plate. “I plan to make her breakfast when she gets up.”

“She’s not the only one in need of sleep,” I muttered under my breath as I grabbed some of the items sitting on the plate. “Thanks for making breakfast, Anakin.”

“Thank you for agreeing to bring Padme’s parents here,” Anakin said with a grateful smile. “We both appreciate it.”

I smiled as the twins cried out. Anakin stood up and walked to the bedroom as everyone else ate in silence.

Fifteen minutes passed as everyone finished consuming breakfast as Anakin and Padme walked back in. I glanced at Jess with a frown. “I think we better consider leaving shortly after we finish eating.”

Jess nodded in agreement as Padme looked at both of us with an appreciative smile. “I’m grateful you both agreed. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” I said with a slight smile. I hoped this would be easy enough without interferance from the new Empire. Somehow I hightly doubted it.

TBC

DaenaBenjen42, Nyota's Heart, Hazel, Venator88, Alexis_Wingstar,

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love the blend, Falcon, of teasing (Rex and Ahsoka, particularly) [face_laugh] and strategizing, and naturally the Jess/Fress moments :) Bringing down the sithly element without a war - I agree with Fress will be nigh impossible.

JediFalcon likes this.
  22. Venator77

May 2, 2013
    Pretty good, pretty good. But Tatooine's suns are named Tatoo One and Tatoo Two.

JediFalcon likes this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great chapter!

JediFalcon likes this.
  24. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Loving the feeling of domesticity here with the twins... all while trying to stage an internal revolution! Hee!

And dare I say it... more?

JediFalcon likes this.
  25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stood beside Jess as we took in the surroundings of the meeting area. It was out in public, Padme told us there would be a back room. I decided to bring along my com scanner just to make sure no one bugged the room so we could talk without interuptions.

The Hostess approached us with a greeting smile as I held out the information on a card. The hostess looked at the info then gestured for us to follow him. Not a word was spoken as we were quickly ushered into a back private room with a door. Mon Mothma, Bail and two older people who I guessed were Padme’s parents looked up. I motioned for everyone not to say a word as the waiter left menus on the tables then left as Jess closed the door behind him.

“How was your trip?” Bail questioned casually as I took out my scanner and swept around the room.

“The trip went well,” Jess answered as I found a listening device sitting behind Mon. I raised a hand to issue a signal for silence as I walked over to the wall and fished the bug out of the fake tile on the wall.

I placed the bug on the ground and crushed the listening device under my boot. “Either that was meant for someone else, or someone has nothing better to do,” I commented as I swept the room again. “It’s clean.”

“Or Palpatine found out about this meeting,” Mon raised concern as I sat down in a chair.

“It’s too soon,” I pointed out with a frown. “I didn’t sense anything when we walked in.”

“I hope you’re right, Fress,” Bail said with frustration clearly on his face. “It would not be good if Palpatine found out about our meetings too soon.”

“If he did, we would have to wage a war to make things right,” I agreed with a frown. “I have a feeling it will come to war.”

“So much for Order Sixty-Five,” Bail commented with a serious expression. “If we had more time then we did, we would’ve been able to act on it.”

“Is there any way of still producing the petition if we can get enough planets to agree to have Palpatine executed?” I questioned with a frown.

“It will take months, Fress,” Bail answered with a serious expression.

“And a war will take years,” I pointed out with a frown. “Either way, if we can start a petition to have Order Sixty-Five…”

“Fress, when Palpatine declared his new Empire, Order Sixty-five died with the Republic, it’s too late. We’re going to have to kill him in order to restore Peace before he tightens his grip any further,” Mon explained with a frown. “There is no other way around it.”

I sat back in my chair feeling frustration well up in me. I also knew that this wouldn’t stop Padme from attempting to write up the petition and circulate it regardless. If anyone can convince a large crowd with very view words, it would be her. “Our best bet is to set up camps for the Rebellion to operate from and we need to make sure to root out any spies from the beginning.”

“We hope the others will help set up and train,” Mon gave a hopeful smile.

The others she mentioned were the ones who escaped the tunnel and feel the urge to fight this. “Yes,” Jess answered before I had a chance to respond. “I’ve already spoken to certain parties and they have agreed to help train for the coming fight ahead.”

“That is wonderful to hear,” Bail said with a smile. “Now, let’s order, we can flesh out the details after we eat.”

I smiled as I looked over the choices. A dish from Alderaan caught my eye causing me to grin. “I hope they make their dishes like mom made, because I haven’t had that dish in years.”

“Sounds good to me too,” Bail agreed as the waiter walked in and took our order. For the next two hours we picked our spots to set up Rebellion camps. First we had to take the Naberries back to Tatooine. I hoped they liked sand because on Tatooine, it’s everywhere.

I noticed Jess was moving around uncomfortably causing me to grin. “Still didn’t get it all out?”

Jess glared at me as I hid a smirk behind my hand. He hated the planet as much as Anakin did. As I said earlier, it was everywhere and an inconvenience even in the small more personal spaces.
    --------------------------
    I stood up as Bail and Mon did as well. Padme’s parents were ready to leave with us causing me to smile. Maybe this wasn’t as bad as she originally thought. “We’ll stay in touch, the sooner we take care of this problem. The sooner things can go back to normal.”

“I agree,” Bail said with a tight smile as I walked around the table and gave a bow. “No need for formalitites, Fress. I consider you closer to a friend.”

“Thank you Bail,” I said with a smile as we hugged. “I am honored.”
    ---------------------
    I sat down at the table as Ruwee watched me with a frown as I smiled slightly back to him. “Don’t worry about Padme, she’s fine.”

“That’s good to hear,” Ruwee said with a frown. “So who is this guy who had children with her?”

“She didn’t tell you?” I questioned with a slight smile. “Well the guy who she married…”

“Married?” Jobal questioned in delight as she sat down. “So this pregnancy came after the marriage?”

“Yes and it doesn’t feel like my place to say more,” I carefully said with a frown. “I just know that he’s very much in love with her and got her out of more jams then I could keep count.”

“Skywalker,” Jobal said with a delighted smile. “It’s him isn’t it? She’s mentioned Anakin more then a few times during our chats.”

“It’s him,” I answered with a grin. “You figured it out on your own and didn’t hear it from me.”

Jobal smiled as Ruwee started tapping the table with a fatherly look and I suddenly felt sorry for Anakin. He never did ask for Ruwee’s permission and it was a fairly well kept secret about the marriage. “He didn’t ask me for her hand…”

“Considering it was forbidden for a Jedi to marry, the marriage was a pretty well kept secret,” I explained with a frown. “And I’m sure Anakin will get down on his knees and beg your forgiveness.”

“Ruwee, let it go. If Padme is happy then we should happy for her. We do have grandchildren now to spoil,” Jobal said with a sweet smile.

Ruwee smiled. “I still want a heart to heart with Anakin.”

I just prayed to anyone who might be listening that things went well between the two men. I knew it was different between a father and daughter versuses a father and son. They were more protective. “We’ll be arriving shortly. I hope you like sand.”

Both Ruwee and Jobal glanced at each other in confusion then looked to me for answers. Apparently Padme didn’t tell them which planet they were residing on. “You’ll understand soon enough.”
    -------------------
    I led the way into the dwelling as Anakin looked up from feeding one of the twins. “Hi Ani. Look who we brought.”

Anakin’s face turned to one of worry as Jobal walked forward and took a hold of the other twin and started fussing over the baby. Ruwee on the other hand walked up to Anakin. “Hi Ruwee, been a while since we last met.”

“I heard you married my girl,” Ruwee said as Anakin shot me a glare causing me to smile innocently. He raised a brow as if to say oh really? “I want to have a chat after my grandchildren have been put down for a nap.”

“Jess and I could look after the twins,” I volunteered which only caused Anakin to glare daggers at me. “Where is Padme?”

“She went with Rex and Ahsoka to pick up supplies while I stayed home with the twins,” Anakin answered with a smile. “They’ll be back in an hour or so.”

“You look worse then death, Anakin,” I pointed out as I noticed the dark circles under his eyes and he looked exhausted to me. “After your chat with Ruwee, you should consider getting some rest. Jess and I can look after them for a while.”

“Or we could,” Jobal volunteered glowing with happiness as she held onto one of the babies.

“Thank you,” Anakin said as he followed Ruwee into another room for a private chat.

“Where is Anakin?” Obi-Wan questioned as he walked into the room with a frown.

“Heart to heart chat with Padme’s father,” I answered with a smile as I stepped forward and hugged Obi-Wan.

“I’m curious as to how the meeting went,” Obi-Wan said as he returned the hug.

“Do you prefer straight up or sugar coated?” I questioned with a frown.

Obi-Wan sighed as he sat down on a chair and glanced up. “Straight up.”

I gave a short nod as I sat down at the table. “They feel that trying to get the petition going now will take months and order 65 died with the Republic. It’ll come to war, they already have systems agreeing to allow them to set-up Rebellion camps.”

“This will take years,” Obi-Wan pointed out with a frown.

“I know, and Padme maybe their only hope in circulating a petition but we’re still looking at months or it may not even happen,” I explained with a frown. “They are hoping we can step in and supply trainingexercises to new recruits.”

“I agree, if anyone can turn this around quickly it’ll be Padme. That is why I feel we need to protect her wherever she goes. Palpatine knows she is a threat to him politically. He will stop at nothing until she’s dead,” Obi-Wan explained with a frown. “I still feel it’s worth a…”

“Do or do not, there is no try,” I teased causing Obi-Wan to roll his eyes. “Or we could spread rumors about Padme passing, worked for Anakin during the war,” Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow in disbelief. “I didn’t say I started the rumours, the separatists did being optimistic.”

“Right,” Obi-Wan closed his eyes and placed a hand underneath his chin as if in deep thought. “I say we go forward with the petition. We can protect Padme.”

I looked at Jess as he nodded in agreement. “I agree, it’s worth a shot,” I noticed Anakin and Ruwee walked out of the room with a smile on his face. Anakin looked far more relaxed now then he did ten minutes ago. “I take it the talk went well?”

”I’m happy to call Anakin my son-in-law,” Ruwee answered with a broad smile. “We will have to do something to welcome Anakin officially into the family.”

Jobal smiled causing me to smile. I was happy for both of them. And Ruwee was Anakin’s biggest fear about marrying Padme, but I can see that he had nothing to worry about.

DaenaBenjen42, Nyota's Heart, Hazel, Venator88

Nyota's Heart likes this.