main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Order 65 Diary challenge Completed Dec 17th 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was very nice! :)

JediFalcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I quickly got to my feet as Palpatine rushed me. I blocked high as he retracted his swing causing me to jump over the blade. I felt the searing heat close to my skin as I landed on my feet. “We will stop you, what ever it takes.”

Palpatine cackled as a child five years old came into view. It didn’t look like Luke or Leia. The child resembled Jess and her. “You’re mother abandoned you. She never cared for you. Neither of them did.”

“That’s a lie, Brice. We miss you. We loved you since we found out I was pregnant. You were kidnapped from us, we want you back,” I argued feeling my heartbreak as Brice looked from Palpatine back to me in confusion. “We love you. Never doubt that.”

Palpatine chuckled causing my skin to crawl as my eyes snapped open and I was back on Tatooine. I pushed the blanket aside as Jess began to stir, he mumbled about needing to jump into a cold lake before settling back into a deeper sleep.

I slid off the bed and pulled my boots on. I walked out to the kitchen as Anakin looked up at me with a frown. “Can’t sleep?” I questioned with a concerned tone.

Anakin nodded as he gestured to the table as I sat down. “Had a vision about a child being kidnapped.”

“By Palpatine,” I quickly filled in with a frown. “One possible future, it might not happen because I’m not pregnant.”

“Not yet,” Anakin corrected as he eyed me with concern. “If we’re both having this vision…”

“Why would he want our child?” I questioned with a serious expression. “What could he possibly gain from it? You would think Luke would make a much more tempting target.”

”I don’t know,” Anakin answered with a confused expression. “I thought he would’ve went for the twins. It makes no sense.”

“Maybe because you didn’t join him?” I questioned with a frown causing Anakin to grimace. “With you to stand in the way, he won’t make a move.”

“I’ve been having dreams. About pain I caused, if I fell to the dark side. I would’ve killed everyone and hurt my children, you and Jess would’ve given up your child to keep him safe from me,” Anakin explained with a frown. “All of this has changed or something in the Force has shifted. Maybe it was my destiny to fall to the dark side in order to get close to Palpatine to kill him.”

“How long would it have taken for you to kill Palpatine and not to want to take over the Empire yourself?” I questioned with a serious expression.

”When the twins reach age twenty-one,” Anakin answered. “Obi-Wan would’ve cut off my legs and arms on Mustafar and I would’ve ended up in a black life suit for the rest of my life. Falling now would be far too dangerous, it’s too late to turn back now.”

“We’ll find a way, Anakin,” I said with a smile. “Not everyone agrees with Palpatine and more and more disagree with his motives by the day. We’ll fight, no matter what it takes.”

”It won’t be easy,” Anakin pointed out with a frown.

“No one ever said it would be, we’ll get through this no matter what,” I reached for Anakin’s hand and grasped it lightly. “We will stop him.”

Anakin cute back a yawn causing me to smile. “I think it’s time for sleep before the twins wake up.”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” I stood up and stepped back towards the bedroom. “Goodnight Anakin.”

“Goodnight Fress.”
    --------------------
    Two months later

I waited for the medic to enter the room as Jess looked nervous. For me I suspected it was the same flu bug Rex had a week ago. It seemed to not stop after a day, which was unusual. “I’m sure I’m fine, Jess.”

Jess shook his head with a frown as he walked up to me and kissed me on the forehead. “I hope so, but it’s far longer then what Rex went through and that is what worries me. What if this is more then just a flu bug?”

“We’ll get through this,” I reassured with a smile as the medic walked in with a data pad in his hand. I felt my nerves inch up a bit and Jess’s nerves were on edge as it were. “Well?”

“The good news is it’s not a flu bug,” the medic answered with a smile. “Your symptoms should disappear in a couple of months. Congratulations.”

I sat there stunned at the medic was trying to tell me, disappear in two months? One night stands. I stared at Jess as he looked confused. My symptoms only showed during the morning that should’ve clued me in. “I…. Wow…”

“What are you talking about?” Jess asked in confusion causing me to grin slightly.

“Jess, my symptoms only come in the morning…” I slid off the table and took his hand and placed it over my abdomen with a smile. I also felt worried, what if the visions Anakin and I shared came true? I guess we would cross that bridge when we came to it.

“Are you serious?” Jess questioned as the color drained from his cheeks. “I’m not sure if I’m ready for this.”

“We do have seven months to figure things out,” I reassured with a smile. “We’ll be fine. It’s an adjustment for the both of us.”

“I love you,” Jess leaned in and kissed me gently on the lips. He pulled back with a smile. “We’ll figure it out.”

It was a scary thought to get pregnant this early on. Especially when you’re on the run and are at the top of the fugitives list. We would have to come up with a plan. Maybe disappear for a few years. Trying to fight for order sixty-five was becoming more of a challenge by the day. Padme was making progress but it was too slow. It’ll be months if not years before we could restore democracy.

Hazel, Nyota's Heart, Venator88, DaenaBenjen42

Letting others take the downfall in a game is fun to do.

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That would be scary, yes. Great chapter!

JediFalcon likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Spooky dream!!! Great but mixed blessing news for Fress and Jess. Only if they can keep their family safe [face_worried]

JediFalcon likes this.
  5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat down at the table placing the hand over my swelling tummy. Pregnancy is not fun in the least but it can’t beat having someone grow inside of you. I shook head as Jess placed a warm glass of milk and crackers in front of me. At the moment I felt like I couldn’t stomach any food but I knew I had to eat. “Thanks Jess, any news on how Padme is doing?”

“No not yet,” Jess answered as I sipped the milk and ate the crackers. Not my most favourite food in the galaxy, at least it calmed the stomach. I really should be out there instead of being stuck here. “Are you feeling any better?” He questioned as he gently ran his hand over my features.

I nodded as my stomach began to settle down and my appetite returned. “I’m feeling hungry now. I can’t wait until morning sickness stops,” I commented with a frown. In reality I could be sick through the rest of this pregnancy and that was a scary thought.

“Anything you need and it doesn’t exclude strange cravings in the middle of the night,” Jess offered with a smile. “I love you. More now then ever.”

“I love you too, Jess,” I returned with a smile. “So about the running out for a crave run. I’m in the mood for bantha steak, mashed potatos and tubers. Don’t forget the blue milk. Make it cold this time.”

“I’ll go, Rex is in the living room. If something happens, he said he’ll take care of you while I’m out on the run. Anything else?” Jess questioned with a smile.

“Pick up some bacta,” I commented with a sly smile. “You’ll need it the day I go into labour. Actually we’re out of a few things, the list is on the counter.”

“Ahsoka went to pick up the items half an hour ago,” Jess said with a smile. “I’ll be back,” he said as he leaned across the table and kissed me on the forehead.

I smiled as Jess stood up and left the kitchen as Rex walked in with a smile. “Morning.”

“Morning, feel any better?” Rex questioned with a frown.

“I do and can’t wait until this stops,” I answered with a frown. “The vomiting I mean. It’s only temporary.”

“I know,” Rex sat down at the table as he pushed a holo clip towards me. “I picked this up yesterday. I hope you like it.”

I smiled as I hit the play button. A woman appeared with a gentle smile and began to speak. “You’re going to be a mom. Congratulations. Let’s start by going over the basics when you bring the baby home.” I hit pause as I looked at Rex with a smile. “Thank you. I really appreciate this,” I stood up and walked around the table and gave him a hug. “You’re a good friend, Rex.”

“You and the others have shown me what it’s like to be in a real family. I can’t even begin to repay the kindness.”

I took a step back and nodded with a smile. It was true, Rex didn’t have a normal childhood but that didn’t mean he could learn about life. “I’m glad you decided to be on our side.”

--------------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, Venator88, Hazel

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet post Falcon :) Nice slice of normal and happy. [:D]

Falcon likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was really nice :)

Falcon likes this.
  8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Rex giving her a Pregnancy video... hee!!!!! (And pregnant while on the run... ack. But yay for new life!)

Falcon likes this.
  9. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    Awesome chapter.

Falcon likes this.
  10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thank you for the feedback everyone.

Melty scene alert. :D [face_love]

I sat down on the couch as Padme settled into the rocking chair with Leia in her arms. I smiled as she gave a motherly smile. “How did it go?” I questioned with a frown.

Padme shook her head and gave a frustrated sigh. “Everyone has been agreeing that Order 65 is too late. It’ll come to war.”

“I was hoping,” I gave a frustrated sigh causing Padme to look up at me with a concerned expression.

“Is something wrong?” Padme questioned with concern lacing through her tone.

“I’ve had a vision where Jess and I have a son and Palpatine kidnaps him, raises him and turns him against us,” I explained with a serious expression. “I was hoping that despite Palpatine taking over, they would see the betrayal and go for Order 65. So my and Anakin’s vision doesn’t come true. We both had the vision about the same time a couple of nights ago.”

“Fress, we’ll do everything possible to keep your child safe,” Padme reassured with a smile. “We have to keep these two safe as well.”

“Maybe I should do a home birth,” I muttered under my breath. “That way no one in the med ward gets any ideas.”

“It’s up to you, Fress, but in case there are complications,” Padme pointed out with a frown. “Just give it some serious thought first, weigh the pros and cons and the others will post as extra security, we’ll come up with something.”

“I know, thanks Padme,” I answered with a grateful smile as Ahsoka, Rex, Anakin, Jess, and Obi-Wan entered the living room.

“We’ll help protect the child,” Ahsoka agreed with a smile. “A lot of us owe you for the warning you gave.”

“Where did the rest of the Jedi that was rescued go?” I questioned as Jess slid in beside me and began to message my shoulders.

“We still have yet to make contact,” Obi-Wan answered with a frown. “They’re in the process of laying low until things die down first.”

I glanced up and noticed Luke was in Anakin’s arm as he held a bottle with formula up to the baby’s mouth. I gave a subtle smirk causing Anakin to raise an eyebrow in my direction. “Fatherhood suits you, you know.”

“Indeed it does,” Obi-Wan agreed with a smile. “Anakin you’ve kept your head and have proven yourself a true Jedi Master.”

“Thank you, Obi-Wan,” Anakin focused on Luke watching him feed. “If I fell to the dark side, look at what I would be missing out on.”

“Jess and I need all the practice we can get, anytime you need us to baby sit until the day I go into labour,” I offered with a smile.

”Thank you, Fress,” Anakin looked very content holding Luke in his arms. He was calm for once and it was just an addictive feeling anyone could fall into. Being a prospective father changed his temperament a bit. I knew it wouldn’t last, wait until the twins learned to talk back. Jess leaned his head down and kissed me gently causing my heart to flutter in contentment. I sighed happily as I returned the kiss causing time to stand still in one moment.

Jess pulled back with a small smile as I leaned into him feeling content at the moment.
    -----------------------
    Hazel, Nyota's Heart, Venator88, DaenaBenjen42

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Melty scene alert" The best kind [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Love the friendship feel and the parental/couple sweetness. :) :)

Falcon likes this.
  12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful!!

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. Venator77

May 2, 2013
    Nice chapter. When is the action going to start?

Falcon likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It already has [face_laugh] ... oh, a different kind of action, not the kind that got Fress pregnant [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Falcon likes this.
  15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_love] [face_love]

been thinking about that. I want to write in order 65 going through but realized it's not going to happen that way and I will most likely end up continuing this diary next year.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  16. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    “Anakin you’ve kept your head and have proven yourself a true Jedi Master.”

Yes... a much better reason for ending up one than 'my friend the Supreme Chancellor is sneaky, underhanded... and a Sith.' (Good update!!!)

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  17. Venator77

May 2, 2013
    I meant the fighting.

18. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Due to being really confused about when Rex and Ahsoka became an item, had to go reread a little. Not confused now. Also... good updates! (More?)

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    actually the Rex and Ahsoka couple was a challenge by Nyota ;) so I decided to take her up on the challenge

I don't know.... Hopefully after the baby is born ;)

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I reached down and turned on the tap and splashed water on my face and rinsed my mouth out. Pregnancy was hard on the body. I couldn’t wait until the labour was done and over with. I heard it felt like trying to pass a large ball through your… I shook my head as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was anything but glowing and I looked very tired. I wonder if I could deliberately hurt Jess and he wouldn’t run away?

“Fress, are you feeling okay?” Jess yelled through the door and I could just imagine him leaning his head against the door. It sounded muffled as if he really did try to talk right through the wood.

“I’m pregnant, Jess. Not dying. It’ll stop in the next three months,” I yelled back through the door. “You’re never touching me again.”

“Come on, sweetheart. Don’t be like that. If we can’t mess around, I’ll go nuts,” Jess pointed out in a playful voice.

“Is that a promise?” I teased causing Jess to groan as I felt the baby kick causing me to smile. “Come in, Jess. The baby just kicked.”

The door swung open as I turned around and Jess walked in with a grin. “Did she really?”

”He, and yes,” I answered with a smug grin as I took his hand into mine and placed it against my swollen tummy. The baby kicked harder causing Jess to grin.

“I can’t be hopeful for a girl, can I?” Jess questioned as he leaned down and kissed me on the forehead.

“You must really love me, if you’re kissing me after I vomited,” I glanced up into his brown eyes and blushed causing Jess to bring me into a hug. “You can. But if the vision was anything to go by, it’s a boy.”

“The future is not set in stone,” Jess whispered in a husky voice. “I can be hopeful.”

“You can but I can’t promise anything,” I pointed out as he took a step back. “How about something to eat now?”

”I have crackers and warm milk sitting on the counter,” Jess said he wrapped an arm around my waist and led me out of the bathroom. “I can’t wait to hold our baby.”

“Me neither,” I agreed with a smile. “Where are the others?”

”Went on a mission remember?” Jess questioned with a frown. “They left while you were…”

I was stuck here while they were out there fighting for our freedom. I was nowhere near the action was. Even Anakin and Padme went to fight while they left the twins in our care. “I can’t stand being stuck here while everyone is out there.”

”I know, sweetheart,” Jess agreed as he laid his head down on my shoulder. “But I can’t leave you by yourself. I want to be out there as well… I need to help take care of you and our baby. Fress you’re in no condition to be out there. And you know it. You can’t risk losing our child.”

Order sixty-five seemed to be slowly pulled out of their reach, Padme hadn’t made any headway except setting up Rebellion camps. It was going to come to war for the future generation. “I know,” all it took was a stun bolt to cause her to miscarry. She couldn’t risk it. The stakes were too high. “I’m happy you stayed.”

“I can still touch you later, right?” Jess questioned with a smug grin as he leaned down and kissed me on the lips causing my heart to speed up. Tingles rushed down my back as I took a step back breathing heavily.

“Just a mood swing,” I gave a sly smile as I walked to the kitchen and picked up the crackers and washed them down with a glass of milk.

“You’re such a tease,” Jess complained in a whiny tone as he came up behind me and rubbed my shoulders. “You know just how to tease me, it drives me crazy.”

“It does,” I questioned innocently causing Jess to lean his head against my shoulder. “I’ll have to up the ante to insanity.”

Before Jess could come up with a retort, the twins started crying as I glanced towards the table. Jess had gone to a lot of work to make breakfast this morning. It’ll have to wait until after we attended the twins. “I’ll get Leia and you take care of Luke.”

Jess nodded in agreement as he walked towards the bedroom as I followed him. I placed my hands on my tummy noting it felt large for a single baby. I shook my head as I stepped into the bedroom and picked up Leia into my arms. She babbled happily causing me to smile. “Good morning, little one. Are you going to take after your mommy and be a politician?”

Leia giggled and continued to babble on in words she only could understand. I smiled as I quickly changed her. I picked her up in my arms and walked out of the room as the heating unit beeped. “And that, young Jedi, is the sound of your breakfast,” I placed her into carrier and walked to the heating unit. I grabbed the bottle and tested the liquid on my wrist. It was just the right temperature. I walked over to the carrier and picked up Leia into her arms and offered her the bottle. She began to quickly suckle as Jess walked in with Luke in his arms and stopped while watching her.

“You’re more beautiful now,” Jess said with a smile. “I’m more in love with you now then when we first started dating.”

I gave Jess a teasing smile as I walked to the living room and sat down on the couch. He walked into the living room as he held a bottle up to Luke. Fatherhood suited Jess as well. “I love you more now when we first met.”

Jess sat down beside me as the twins drank their formula. I couldn’t wait until I was holding our baby in my arms. Three more months to go, but the vision wouldn’t leave me and has been more persistent as I closed in on my due date. I hoped it never came to pass.

Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, Venator88, Hazel

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely and sweet update, Falcon. :D @};-

Falcon likes this.
  22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Those were great updates!

Also, your tags are weird again. I only got this last one.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  23. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    "I’m pregnant, Jess. Not dying. It’ll stop in the next three months,” I yelled back through the door. “You’re never touching me again.”

I loved the argument they were having here. More?

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Uh-huh. Famous last words. Fress will jump on him the first romantic chance she gets [face_laugh] Woot! [face_mischief]

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sighed in frustration as the midwife I interviewed walked out. She didn’t want to help me because of who I was and my connection. They did find a medic that I sensed was trustworthy and genuinely wanted to help. He didn’t agree with what Palpatine was doing. I glanced at Padme and wondered if she could handle helping me through this considering she delivered twins already. “Five midwives and all backed out due to who I am. Send Anakin on a trip into town.”

Anakin snorted in surprise as I glanced at him. “I don’t think that’s the problem, Fress. You should leave out the word Jedi if it can be avoided…”

“I know,” I felt frustration well up inside me. I was two months away from my delivery date and we needed to find a midwife and fast or I had to go to the medward and I sensed that would seal the fate of our son. Was it the will of the Force for this to happen? It would only tear me up inside. “On the other hand, Anakin, you are well known on this planet. Be a good boy and go put some Bantha steaks on the grill.”

“Someone has a craving,” Anakin teased as he walked towards the kitchen.

I watched him go as I could sense some teasing over the training bond. I rolled my eyes as Jess shook his head as a knock sounded. It was the sixth midwife they planned to interview in the past two days. Sending Anakin off on a Bantha steak cook out kept him from helping with the interviews. I smirked as Padme raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

“He’s not going to like that,” Padme commented with a frown as Jess walked in with a smile. An elderly woman walked behind him with a gentle smile on her wizened face.

“This is Mrs. Delphia Delton,” Jess introduced with a smile.

I extended my hand as Delphia shook it with a smile. “Tell me about yourself and what is your past history as a midwife?”

“I have acted as a midwife for just over thirty years and have helped new mothers help their babies adjust to the harsh conditions of Tatooine. Considering this child will be born here, it’s best to have someone with knowledge on how to prepare properly,” Delphia explained with a wizened smile.

I nodded in agreement as Jess asked questions on his mind as I listened to Delphia answer. I didn’t sense any deception from her. Her face told me that her answers were true. I didn’t see any deception in her eyes.

Anakin walked out as he wiped the tongs clean. “I have questions of my own.”

“Out Skywalker,” I snipped causing Anakin to frown. “I like this one and you’re not scaring her off.”

Delphia looked at Anakin as her eyes widened in surprise. She stood up and walked to him and looked him over. “Your mother was Shmi Skywalker, correct?”

“Yes she was,” Anakin answered with a frown. “You knew her?” His curiosity peaked causing me to watch Delphia with interest.

Delphia smiled as she brought Anakin into a hug. “I was her midwife all those years ago. You’ve grown since I saw you last.”

“You’re kidding?” I questioned with a frown as Delphia smiled.

“No I’m not, my dear,” Delphia answered as she sat down on the chair.

It didn’t take Anakin long to start bombarding the poor woman with questions. Delphia handed over a holo cube. Anakin switched it on. “Its mom and me?”

Delphia smiled with a nod. “Yes,” she glanced at me with a frown. “If you want someone younger, I’ll understand.”

I glanced at Jess with a slight smile as Anakin walked back into the kitchen to attend the steaks. They were beginning to smell good. “How about this idea. You’re getting on in your age, maybe you could help an inexperienced midwife to blossom?”

“Hire a second one?” Jess questioned with a frown as he nodded in agreement. “Sounds good to me.”

”What do you think?” I questioned with a frown as Delphia gave a thoughtful look and nodded.

“Maybe it’s time I passed my knowledge on,” Delphia agreed with a frown. “Sounds like a good idea to me,” she said with a smile as she looked at me with a raised brow. “Have you had a ultrasound done since your pregnancy began?”

“No,” I answered honestly. “I haven’t.”

“Fress, are you aware that you’re carrying twins? You’re bigger then you should be for a single baby. You should consider one.”

I raised an eyebrow as Jess glanced at me with a frown. Out of all of this time, did we really miss that sign? I closed my eyes sinking myself down in the Force as I touched the one mind, the baby reacted as he would recognizing his mother’s gentle touch. Padme wasn’t this big when she had Luke and Leia. A second mind reached out to me causing me to take in a sharp breath. How could I have missed that? I gently caressed the second mind to let her know I was here. I opened my eyes and looked up at Jess as he watched me with amazement. “How did we miss that one? Being Force sensitive and I completely missed the second mind reaching out to me?”

“I don’t know,” Jess answered with a hopeful smile. “I’m hoping for one of each now.”

I nodded as I leaned into Jess. Maybe it was time for an ultrasound, just to make sure everything was going smoothly. Anakin walked in with a grin on his face. “You can’t hide anything from a room full of Jedi, can you?”

“Nope, good luck with that one,” Anakin answered as Ahsoka and Rex walked in.

“Is it true, or did I just sense another mind inside you, Fress?” Ahsoka questioned with a smile.

“We’re having twins,” I answered with a smile as Rex broadly grinned. One girl and one boy, but I didn’t care as long as they were healthy. I glanced at Delphia, the woman definitely had experience to pass onto the younger generation.

Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, Hazel, Venator88