main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Order 65 Diary challenge Completed Dec 17th 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 8, 2013.

1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Love, love the midwife and her intuitiveness. Well done. :)

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    YAY, TWINS!!! :D

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What a nice idea, having an experienced midwife paired up with a younger one who needs training but has youthful vigor. :) Hmmm. So the twins thing has been confirmed. Hope it all comes out allright. [face_thinking]

Falcon likes this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat down on the couch as Mary fluffed up my pillow behind me. I gave a grateful smile as Delphi walked in and nodded in approval. Mary had learned quite a bit off of Delphi in the past week. Delphi didn’t have to do too much and just supervise Mary. Mary Flint was young, energetic and decided to be a midwife as a career choice. This was definitely a good idea. I smiled to myself as Jess sat down beside me and nuzzled my neck. I had an ultrasound scheduled for later today and we were both excited. “You sure you want to know about the sexes? We could always wait until the delivery date?” I questioned with a sly smile. I knew how to drive Jess nuts and not knowing the sexes only added to my growing list.

“I want to know,” Jess said as he kissed me on the lips. He pulled back looking into my eyes. “Don’t you?”

To be honest, I was curious myself and nodded in agreement. “All right, but you’re buying dinner tonight.”

“Deal,” Jess grinned triumphantly. I knew that sooner or later I would be winning the battles again and he knew it.

I closed my eyes as the babies kicked again. I placed my hands over my very swollen tummy trying to figure out how I convinced myself I was only having one baby and not two. Maybe the vision won’t come to pass?
    My eyes snapped open and I gasped in shock as I barely heard Jess calling my name over and over again as I placed my hands on my swollen tummy.

“Fress? Are you all right?” Jess questioned in concern as I turned my head to the side. “What is it? What did you see in your vision?”

“Tell Ahsoka, Rex, and Anakin, we need to double up on security.”
    -------------------------
    I sat down on the examining bed as the tech prepared her equipment for the ultra sound. Jess was standing beside the bed holding onto my hand as the girl instructed me to pull my night gown up a bit. I pulled it up enough as she applied cold gel to my tummy.

“If you turn your attention to this monitor, you will see the baby on the screen,” the tech explained as she pressed the transducer to my tummy.

I looked at the screen as two images appeared on the screen as the tech began to examine the babies. She smiled as she turned her attention to us. “You’re having twins and both look healthy, congratulations to the both of you. Would you like to know the sexes?”

From what I saw in my vision, I already knew what we were having. I haven’t told Jess yet that his dream for a girl was about to come true. I glanced at Jess and raised an eyebrow. He nodded with a grin. “Yes we would.”

The technician turned her attention back to the monitor. She zoomed in and turned her attention to Jess and me. “From what I can tell, you’re having a girl and a boy.”

“One of each?” Jess questioned with a grin. “We’re having a boy and a girl?” He placed his arms around me and I could sense his happiness through the Force. To put it simply, he was estatic. “I’m so happy.”

“Everything looks good, the heart beats sound stong. And you’re on time,” the tech explained. “You’ll be delivering in a week. They are both full term.”

I froze. I thought I had another month not another week. I glanced at Jess who looked just as shocked. “Premature?”

“Not from what I can tell,” the tech answered. “You both seem surprised? Fress is close to nine months according to this ultra sound. With multiple births, she could easily be one to four weeks early? Which is the norm for twins.”

“I guess we thought we had another month,” I answered honestly. “It didn’t cross my mind and I lost track of the time.”

“It can happen,” the tech smiled gently as she stood up. “Would you like a copy?”

“Yes please,” I answered as Jess kissed the back of my neck.

I closed my eyes soaking up the attention from Jess. Delphia had been preparing us for the birth including how to breathe properly.

“When we get back, I’ll pack a bag for you,” Jess whispered gently. “It’ll be fine, sweetheart.”

I smiled and nodded in agreement as the tech left the room after handing Jess a holo. “The babie’s first holo,” Jess kissed me on the lips. I pulled back breathing quickly and shortly.

I stood up as we left the room and headed towards the changing room.
    --------------
    I walked into the dwelling as Anakin and Padme greeted us with smiles. Anakin had Leia in his arms and Padme was feeding Luke. “We’re having twins, one boy and one girl. Just as my vision had shown me.”

“So it won’t come to pass?” Anakin questioned with a confused expression.

“Much worse,” I answered with a serious expression. “Palpatine will attempt to switch out a dead baby for Brice.”

Padme’s eyes widened in shock as she glanced at Anakin. “Have you been having visions lately?”

“The vision showed me a little girl running up to me, then Jess showed me a holo with Brice being pronounced as the Heir to the Empire,” I explained as Anakin looked shocked. “Yes I have been.”

“Fress, we won’t let that happen. We can’t, we need to end this war. Not have it extended,” Padme shook her head she glanced at Anakin who was nodding in agreement.

“Fress, I promise you. We’ll do everything we can to protect them,” Obi-Wan spoke as he walked in with a frown. “So how did it go?”

“On time and no complications so far,” I answered with a smile as I hugged Obi-Wan. “One boy and one girl and according to the ultrasound I’m due anytime now really.”

“Do you have names picked out yet?” Obi-Wan questioned with a grin. “I’m happy for both of you.”

I glanced at Jess as he raised an eyebrow in my direction. Brice was already prenamed but the girl…. “Any ideas?”

“I’ve always liked your mother’s name, Mekeila,” Jess said with a smile. “If I had a son I had it in mind to name him Brice…”

I nodded in agreement as I sat down on the couch. “Sounds good to me,” I closed my eyes as I felt pain spike in my lower back. I frowned as I glanced at Jess as he sat down beside me and placed a hand onto my swollen tummy.

“I’m excited,” Jess muttered happily.

“Jess, do me a favor and pack the bag,” I suggested as another spike of pain tore through me. This time it was stronger.

“Sure,” Jess stood up and headed towards our room and disappeared as I shifted on the couch suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

“Fress, are you all right?” Padme questioned in suspicion as I closed my eyes.

“I don’t know yet,” I answered with a frown. “I think I may have just gone into labor.”

Jess reappeared a minute later with clothing sticking outside the case. “Jess, it takes hours. Please take some time and do it right.”

Jess gave a sheepish smile as he opened the suitcase and began to repack it slowly. Padme glanced at her wrist chrono. “We should time it. Let me know when you have your next one.”

By the time I had my next one, Jess had the bag packed properly. Twenty minutes had passed by. I was in the early stages of labor. It was going to be a long evening and night.
    --------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, Hazel, DaenaBenjen42, Venator88

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super duper post. But the vision is worrisome. Is there time to implement tighter security? [face_nail_biting] I do like that they're having one of each but I hope they can be kept safe.

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm very worried here [face_worried]

7. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    Oh... Looks like Palps may be up to no good.

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stared at Jess in horror as I released my grip around his neck. We were hugging when a contraction took hold and I held onto his neck a little too hard. He rubbed the area where a bruise was beginning to show which only added to the guilt I was feeling already. “Sorry,” I muttered quickly as a Jess checked him over.

“Jess, I warned you,” Anakin chidded in a smug tone. Please tell me Skywalker did not enjoy that?

Jess glared at Anakin as a medic checked over the area. “Thanks for the reminder.”

“Jess, please follow me and we’ll run a scan to see if there was any damage done,” the medic said as he tried to lead Jess away.

Jess stood his ground and shook his head. “I’m not leaving Fress’s side. It’ll have to wait until after the twins are born.”

“We’ll make it quick, I promise,” the medic said with a reassured smile. “Fress isn’t due for several hours, you have time.”

“I’ll stay with Fress until you return,” Anakin reassured with a smile. “I’ll let you know if anything changes. You need to get checked out.”

Jess heaved a relunctant sigh as I watched him with concern. It was an accident. “Don’t worry, sweetheart. I knew I was taking my chances. I love you.”

I nodded feeling some relief as Jess followed the medic out of the room. I turned my attention to Anakin who still looked smug. “What are you so smug about?”

“That saves me from having to hurt him myself,” Anakin answered causing me to roll my eyes in disbelief.

I groaned as another contraction took hold. I used the pain to glare at Anakin as he reminded me to breathe ignoring my stare. “So how does it feel to be a grandfather?”

Anakin’s face turned to one of horror as he glanced at Padme who raised an eyebrow in his direction. “Please Fress, I’m too young and still in denial…”

“Let that be a lesson to you and leave Jess alone,” I smirked as Anakin rolled his eyes. “But seriously eventually one day, you’ll be ready to see them as such.”

“I already do and I can’t wait to hold them,” Anakin smiled gently as Padme stepped to the other side of my bed.
    -----------------
    18 hours later

I held Brice in my arms as Jess held Mekaila, both were healthy and ready to go home with us. I looked up at Jess noticing the bruise from where I gripped his neck was gone. Thankfully the damage wasn’t permanent and repairable. I looked down at Brice as he opened his eyes and piercing saphire blue eyes looked up at me. He had my eyes but I knew that could change over time.

“Welcome to the galaxy, son,” I whispered gently. “I love you.”

Brice closed his eyes as I raised him up and kissed him on the forehead. I felt excitement rush through me. Our children and yet Jess and I weren’t out of our teens yet. It didn’t matter. We would protect them and love them no matter what. We had to stop Palpatine or their children would be facing a war growing up. And there was no telling if Jess and I would be killed or not. A knock sounded at the door. “Come in.”

Rex, Anakin, Padme, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan walked through with smiles as Jess walked to Anakin and placed Mekaila in his arms. “This is your granddaughter, Mekaila.”

Anakin glowed as he looked down at the little bundle in his arms as Padme moved to his side. I handed Brice to Jess as he handed our son to Obi-Wan. “This is Brice.”

Obi-Wan took the small bundle as he moved the blanket aside. “He’s beautiful and strong in the Force.”

“Both are, but that’s normal considering both parents are strong as well,” Anakin agreed as he handed Mekaila to Padme. “Congratulations to the both of you.”

“Makes me wish I was brought into this galaxy this way, but then again I wouldn’t have met any of you,” Rex commented with a longing in his tone.

Ahsoka kissed Rex on the cheek. “I’m glad they did what they did or you and I wouldn’t have met or dated.”

Rex blushed as Obi-Wan handed Brice to Rex. The clone looked down with wonderment on his face. “Hello little guy, I see you’re awake.”

Brice gurgled as Padme handed Mekaila to Ahsoka. “She’s beautiul like her mother.”

“I couldn’t agree more,” Jess agreed with a sly smile. “Brice looks like me. I’m happy.”

“That he does,” Anakin agreed.

“Where are Luke and Leia?” I questioned with a frown. We left quickly leaving the others to take their time.

“I left them with Owen and Beru, they were thrilled to be looking after their niece and nephew for a while,” Anakin explained with a grin.

“Anakin decided to make his step family into able baby sitters,” Padme explained with a serious expression on her face.

“He decided to take up farming, I’m thinking we should ask if they would like to be the god parents in case anything happened to us,” Anakin explained with a frown.
    A thoughtful expression crossed Padme’s face as she nodded in agreement. “One condition, we leave my family’s contact information with them.”

“Sounds good to me,” Anakin agreed with a gentle smile. He leaned close to Padme and kissed her on the lips. “I love you.”

“I love you, Anakin,” Padme agreed as she leaned into her husband with a contented sigh.

I was surprised Padme agreed to it as readily as I raised an eyebrow in Padme’s direction. “I’m surprised you didn’t suggest your sister?”

“Owen and Beru can’t have children and my sister has children,” Padme explained with a frown. “I know they would love Luke and Leia like their own. They have been trying for the past two years. They did some tests and it turns out Beru can’t have children.”

I nodded in agreement as I realized what kind of a person Padme was. She was a beautiful person inside and out. We all loved her. “I’m sure they’ll be thrilled to hear it,” it would also explain why Anakin decided to make them able baby sitters. He knew how much it meant to them. These past few months, Anakin and Padme have gotten to know Anakin’s step brother and his wife.

I laid my head back and closed my eyes. I was just plain exhausted and just wanted to sleep. It was a long day.

“Why don’t you get some rest, Fress and we can look after the twins for the next couple of hours,” Anakin suggested. “Because it will be the last good sleep you two will have in the next two months.”

Enough said, I thought as the voices around me grew distant.
    ---------------------
    I woke up blinking my eyes quickly as I heard a small voice crying out. I glanced around the room and noticed Rex was holding a squealing bundle with regret on his features causing me to freeze. “What’s wrong? Where is Jess?”

“Chasing a Delphia look a like, we found Delphia and Mary bound up back at our place,” Rex explained as the nurse walked forward with another bundle in her arms.

I felt fear grip my heart as I looked down at the little boy and pulled in a sharp breath. This was not my son. “This isn’t Brice.”

“Yes it is,” the nurse explained patiently. “All babie’s look a like.”

“Brice had blue eyes like mine, these are green. Neither Jess nor I have green eyes,” I pointed out with a frown as the nurse raised a brow. I reached out with the Force sensing for Jess’s signature and didn’t find it. “I can’t sense Jess’s signature or mine. This is not my child.”

The nurse gave me a stern expression as Rex watched both with a frown. “This is your child, Fress. How can you say it is not?”

“Because I can’t sense Jess’s signature,” I explained with a serious expression. “Nor mine for that matter. I’m a Jedi, we don’t need paternity tests to know whose child they belong too.”

“If you’re going to be like that,” the nurse took the child from her as Rex held onto Mekaila. The nurse went to take Mekaila but Rex refused to hand the baby over.

“I don’t think so,” Rex commented with a hard expression as he brushed by the nurse and placed Mekaila into my arms. “Just take the boy. We could see Jess in Brice last night. I don’t see Jess in that boy.”

I felt my heart squeeze in pain. Please Jess, get our son back. I pleaded silently as Rex pushed the nurse out as she turned around. “This child is very sick. He needs a mother. His mother abandoned him last night.”

Rex raised an eyebrow as I glanced up at him. I knew he longed to have a child of his own, but it sounded like he would be setting himself up for heart break. “I’ll take him, if it’s okay with you, Fress?”

“As long as you and Ahsoka discuss it first,” I answered with a frown as I turned my attention to the nurse. “What is wrong with him? How long does he have? And why did you attempt to pass him off as my son?”

The nurse bit on her lip as she turned her attention to Rex. “The child has Tay-Sachs disease. There is no cure even today. He will not live past age four, maybe five. Tay-Sachs is not normally detected until three months. The diease has already made itself known early. It attacks the nervous system. And I was hoping you wouldn’t notice, because this child’s life will be short and he deserves to know love and have a family.”

I felt guilt rush through me. Problem was the mother who took off with Brice is the one who abandoned her child here. I glanced at Rex as he placed a hand underneath his chin. I could tell he was seriously considering it. “Rex?”

Rex glanced down at me as I watched him with concern. The child didn’t have a chance of being adopted due to the condition and it would take an extradornary couple to take on this child. “I know you’re concerned, Fress. I remember some of the clones never made it past age four due to complications.”

“You’re thinking about ninety-nine? Aren’t you?” I questioned as I remembered the deformed clone who was on cleanup duty. Ninety-nine sacraficed himself in the end, the day Kamino was attacked.

“I am,” Rex answered with a frustrated sigh. “I will have to discuss this with Ahsoka first.”

I nodded in agreement as the nurse gave a hopeful smile as Rex stepped forward and relieved the child from her arms. It was a big decision taking on a child who would not make it to the adult stage. I glanced down at Mekaila as she watched me with wide round blue eyes. She began to fuss making suckling sounds. “Are you hungry?” I questioned with a smile as I positioned Mekaila.

As I watched Mekaila feed, I felt a calming sensation fall over me. Everything could be falling apart in the galaxy, but this was the best place to be.
    -------------------
    Ahsoka had taken to the news of taking care of a sick baby far better then I could’ve hoped for. Rex and Ahsoka had taken on the infant in hopes of healing him with the Force, but it was a long stretch and they knew it.

Jess walked in and immediately diverted his gaze and I could see the guilt in his eyes. They had lost track of where the woman took Brice. Anakin walked in behind Jess as he could not meet me in the eyes either, the guilt I felt coming from the bonds I shared with both was more then enough for me to know they failed.

Jess was by my side as I broke down and cried. There was nothing more they could say, and just knowing our son was out there with a stranger was far more then I could bear. Jess wrapped his arms around me as I cried on his shoulder. The vision was coming to pass and it was just a matter of time before Brice surfaced again. I heard muffled crying coming from Jess and I knew he was just as torn up over this as I was.

“We’ll find him again,” Jess whispered. “It’s only a matter of time. It’ll be okay, sweetheart. He’s not dead and it’s something we can take comfort in.”

I knew that but it still hurt. We still had Mekaila to look after and it was only a small comfort to the pain I was feeling in my heart.

TBC

Venator88, Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, Hazel

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Falcon, what a plausible scenario you set up here. =D= Riveting and heart-wrenching too. [face_nail_biting]

Falcon likes this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :( :_|

Great chapter!

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Four years later

Coruscant

I glanced at Jess as he watched the balcony where Palpatine proclaimed their son as his heir to the Empire. To this day we still don’t know if Palpatine set it up or if it was just a mother acting desparately and accidentally allowed the Empire to take a blood sample. There was one thing that remained for sure. Palpatine still had no clue where we were hiding all of this time. Or we suspected as much. Brice raised up a little hand and waved to the crowd. “He looks a lot like you.”

“He does,” Jess agreed in a pain sakingly tone. “We’ll have to find a way to lure him from the castle, or did you want to wait another couple of years?”

“Sooner the better, but if it puts his life at risk, we should consider waiting,” I answered swallowing hard. What if we never got him back? There was no telling what lies Palpatine was feeding our son. “What if we never get him back and Palpatine raises him to hate us?”

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” Jess answered. “We have to keep it in mind this isn’t Brice’s fault. He’s the victim in all of this.”

I nodded in agreement as I sensed Anakin walk up behind us. I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to glance back at him.

“I finished scoping out the palace, it’s locked up tighter then the old Jedi prison,” Anakin explained as he looked down at the palace balcony. “You’ll have to lure him from the castle and knowing Palpatine, he won’t allow that to happen.”

I gave a slight nod as I watched Palpatine take Brice back inside the palace. My heart ached to hold him in my arms again. “Bail said he was going to attempt to invite Brice out to the Alderaan palace. If that happens we would have a decent chance at getting him back.”

“If Palpatine agrees,” Anakin reminded me with a serious expression. “That could draw suspicion considering Padme and Bail are good friends and you’re from Alderaan.”

“I know,” I remained silent as Jess turned back towards the entrance of the roof. I followed him back as Anakin walked beside me and threw an arm across my shoulders. At this point, I was willing to try anything.

Anakin was silent as we walked off the roof and headed back towards the ship. There had to be a way to get Brice away without drawing suspicion. That seemed a little way off. My thoughts turned towards Drake.

Ahsoka and Rex were planning for Drake’s funneral. We did our best in attempts to heal the child, but no matter what healing techinques we attempted. Nothing worked and the tests continued to come back positive.

Drake had a happy child hood, Rex and Ahsoka did their best with him considering the circumstances. He had six months left to live according to the medics. Luke, Leia, and Mekaila were wonderful with Drake. It also caused them to grow up a little quickly due to his disease.

------------------------
    DaenaBenjen42, Hazel, Nyota's Heart, Venator88

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, looking forward to the rescue attempt for Brice. Poor Drake :( and his family. They knew at least mentally what they were getting themselves in for but the reality coming so quickly and being inevitable ... [face_thinking] I am sure though that everyone felt blessed by the time they do have together. @};-

Falcon likes this.
  13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great chapter! Looking forward to more.

Falcon likes this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Jess and I stopped at the toy store on Coruscant to pick up a game suited towards a four year old. The clerk was very helpful as he showed us a few learning games. I inquired about any games that were more towards just plain fun. Even Drake learned quite a bit already, I felt he might enjoy the game more if he was blowing things up. Jess picked up some learning games for Luke, Leia and Mekaila.

I picked out some family board games that were simple to understand. I paid for the bill as Anakin turned in our direction. “It’s time to go,” he said as we walked out of the store. Storm troopers were off in the distance.

We jumped into the landspeeder and took off towards where we parked the ship. Half an hour later, we entered hyperspace.
    ----------------
    I entered the dwelling as Ahsoka walked out of the kitchen. I was almost afraid to ask about Drake. Every time we left Tatooine, we didn’t know if it would be the last time we saw Drake. “How is Drake?”

“Not good this morning, it’s a bad day. He doesn’t have much strength,” Ahsoka answered with a tired frown.

“I got something for him,” I said with a slight smile. “I hope this is okay. It’s a hand-held game.”

”I’m sure he’ll like it,” Ahsoka gave an appreciative smile. “Thank you, Fress. I appreciate it. You and Jess have been so supportive through this. Considering how he came into our lives.”

I nodded in agreement as Mekaila rushed out of the playroom and attached herself to my leg. “Hello Meka, are you behaving for Aunty Ahsoka and Uncle Rex?”

“I have mommy, Aunty Ahsoka let me have ice cream last night,” Mekaila answered with a wide grin.

“She did?” I questioned with a smile. “And did you thank Aunty Ahsoka for the treat?”

“I did, Mommy. Did you bring me anything?” Mekaila enquired with big puppy dog eyes.

“We did, but we’ll show you in a few minutes. First I want to give Drake his, okay?” I answered as I lightly tousled her hair.

“Okay mommy,” Mekaila looked towards the door and disengaged herself from my leg and proceeded to run to Jess attaching herself to his leg.

Luke and Leia bolted out of the playroom attaching themselves to Anakin with wide grins. Anakin smirked as he Force lifted both in the air as squeals of laughter filled the air.

Rex walked out of Drake’s room looking just as tired as Ahsoka. “Why don’t you and Ahsoka get some rest? We can look after everyone for a few hours,” they both nodded in agreement and headed to their room.

I walked into Drake’s room as he looked at me with a small smile. I sat down in the chair beside his bed and handed him the game. “How are you feeling, Drake?”

“Not so good this morning,” Drake answered honestly as he attempted to lift up the game. “What is this?” He questioned with a frown as he gave up for the moment.

“It’s a hand-held game,” I explained with concern in my eyes. This was the most weak I have seen him yet. “Just follow the onscreen instructions. If you need help with it later, just let me know.”

”Thanks, Aunt Fress,” Drake gave a grateful smile then frowned. “I over heard the others talks about how I was switched with your son. Is it true? Did my mom switch me for your son?”

I closed my eyes knowing it may have to be explained to him, but I was really hoping to not have to explain this detail to him. I opened my eyes and looked at Drake as I saw understanding about how he came to our care crossed his eyes. “We don’t regret taking you in, sweetie. We love you very much,” I said with a gentle smile as I leaned over and kissed him on the forehead. “Don’t think about it, okay? Your mother acted out of desperation and we know where my son is. We have a chance to get him back.”

“It still should work out?” Drake questioned with a hopeful smile.

“Yes, we are remaining hopeful,” I answered as Drake suddenly looked tired. “You should get some rest and hopefully later you will have enough strength to play some of the board games we bought for the whole family.”

“Sounds like fun,” Drake closed his eyes as I took the hand-held game and set it down on the nightstand beside the bed.

I stood up and pulled the blanket over Drake as his chest slowly rose up and down as he slept. I silently left the room and closed the door behind me. I felt two pairs of hands latch onto my legs as I glanced down. Luke and Leia looked up with expectant smiles.

“Did you get us anything?” Luke questioned with a hopeful smile.

“We did, come on lets head to the living room,” I answered with a chuckle and lightly tousled Luke’s hair. Leia let go and followed us to the living area where Jess held out a hand-held game for each of the other children. They grabbed the games and sat down on the couch. “Maybe later we can play the board game we bought.”

Luke looked up with a grin. “Thanks Aunty Fress and Uncle Jess,” Leia and Mekaila repeated their thanks at the same time as well.

I smiled as Jess settled onto the couch beside me. Anakin walked in with a frown as he glanced at the children. “Leia, where is your mother?”

“Mommy went into town,” Leia answered as she continued to answer political questions on the game I picked out for her. Leia was going to be a politician one day, I could sense that much. She was too much like her mother in that area.

“Did she say when she will be back?” Anakin questioned with a gentle smile.

“In time for the midday meal,” Leia answered.

“In a couple of hours then,” I said as I glanced at the chrono on the wall. “We have just over an hour to kill before needing to make the midday meal.”

Anakin sat down in the chair across from the couch. “Can’t be soon enough for me. I’m going to kiss her silly when she gets back.”

“Ewwwwwwwww,” Luke whined causing Anakin to chuckle. “Kissing girls is gross.”

“You’ll change your mind when you get older, son,” Anakin grinned as Luke stuck out his tongue.

“Now now, that’s not nice, Luke,” Jess chided Luke lightly.

It was a happy atmosphere in here but out in the real world Palpatine’s fist continued to close tighter on the galaxy at large. The first chance we have at stopping him is the only chance we’ll get. The sooner the better.
    --------------------
    Nyota's Heart, Hazel, DaenaBenjen42, Venator88

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet post Falcon :) Despite all the turmoil you can feel the real bonds of affection. @};- @};-

Falcon likes this.
  16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, it was very sweet :)

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Wasn't able to see the sweetness as I was working on term paper this week and... other things... but... this was just what I needed. Awwwwww!

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Alderaan
    Two Months Later

Jess and I stood in a room at the Alderaani Palace. Palpatine had agreed to allow the palace tour to take place. We each had an anti-Jedi pendant around our necks preventing Palpatine from scanning us early on. Anakin and Ahsoka were close by and planned to move in tonight when everyone was fast asleep.

Anakin didn’t like the idea of wearing the pendant even though it was obvious it worked, but the feeling that came with it for a Force user was a bit of a tingling sensation. One I could live with if that meant I got to see my son and take him away from here. I was willing to go to any length.

The door opened and I heard Breha tell Brice about the room as they entered. The upside, Palpatine was nowhere in sight. Either that was a good thing or a bad thing. Brice walked in and stopped in his tracks as he caught sight of Jess and I as Bail stepped in and closed the door behind him. “Is Palpatine still planetside?” I questioned Breha.

“No, he left after dropping Brice and his caregiver off,” Breha answered as Bail walked to his wife’s side.

I felt relief as I hit my comlink. “Sky Guy this is Firecracker, confirming that Palpatine’s shuttle has left orbit.”

“Confirmed Firecracker. He jumped hyperspace five minutes ago,” Anakin answered.

“Firecracker clear,” I turned my attention to Bail with a frown. “Where is his caregiver at this moment?”

“Resting,” Bail answered with a small smile. “We told her we would look after Brice. I slipped her a sedative after convincing her she needed to drink some customary wine.”

I gave a short nod as I glanced at Jess with a raised brow. This was our chance to take Brice and run. The only problem with this is Brice didn’t know who either of them were to him at this moment. “Bail, you and Breha will no longer be safe after this if we go through with this.”

“We’re well aware of that, Fress,” Breha spoke softly. “It’s not fair to you or Jess either.”

“Palpatine won’t see it that way,” I gave a heavy sigh as Brice looked at me with confusion and questions in his eyes.

“Excuse me,” Brice said with a polite tone. “Who are you and what’s going on?”

Questions that were advanced for a four year old, I reflected with a frown. Just as advanced as Drake’s. They allowed Drake advanced training due to him not making it past age five. You could tell the learning abilities difference between Drake and the others. I glanced at Jess as he kneeled down to Brice’s height as I did the same. How would he take this? What did Palpatine tell Brice about us? “We’re not sure what Palpatine told you about your parents…” I let the sentence hang in the air to allow Brice time to answer.

“He told me they died when I was born,” Brice answered with a frown.

“It was a lie, Brice,” Jess commented in a calm tone. “Palpatine has lied to many and hurt many in the long run. On the day you were born, a mother with a very sick child switched her child for you. We’re not sure if this was deliberate on Palpatine’s part or not yet,” he continued as I saw confusion and more questions in Brice’s eyes. “I’m your father, Jess Shern.”

“You were taken from us two hours after you were born,” I continued the story. “Your father along with Anakin and Ahsoka attempted to track you down. By the time they made it to the docking station on Tatooine the ship was gone and so were you. I’m your mother, Fress Colias.”

“Up until now, we didn’t know where you were until the day Palpatine announced you being the Heir to the Empire,” Jess said with a frown. “We only just found you now. You have a twin sister named Mekaila.”

Brice looked up at Bail and Breha with a frown. It made me wonder what he was thinking. Was he questioning himself on whether or not we were telling him the truth? It wouldn’t surprise me in the bit. I reached for Jess’s hand as we waited for Brice to respond.

“Are they telling me the truth, your highness?” Brice questioned Breha with a slight quiver in his lip.

“Yes they are, Brice,” Breha answered in a gentle voice. “Fress was born on Alderaan. We have known Fress and Jess since they began to work more closely with the Senate when they started their padawan training with their masters.”

“What do your instincts tell you?” I questioned in a gentle tone. “When you trust your instincts, they will never steer you wrong.”

Brice looked at me with a frown as he took a hesitant step towards her but stopped as tears welled up in his eyes. “I want to say yes but I’m still unsure.”

“Is it because of what you’ve been told?” Jess questioned patiently.

Brice nodded as tears streaked down his cheeks. It was a lot to take in. I felt my heart reach out for him, just wanting to give him reassurance that everything would be all right. I wanted to hold him and let him know just how much we love him. “I was told Jedi could show you images of the past. Can you show me the day I was born?”

“Yes we can,” I answered as I removed the pendant from my neck. I felt the Force return causing Brice’s eyes to open wide as I reached out to his mind with mine. “Let the images come to you, don’t push them away,” I instructed as I sensed Brice accept the connection to my mind with ease.

I held Brice in my arms as Jess held Mekaila, both were healthy and ready to go home with us. I looked up at Jess noticing the bruise from where I gripped his neck was gone. Thankfully the damage wasn’t permanent and repairable. I looked down at Brice as he opened his eyes and piercing saphire blue eyes looked up at me. He had my eyes but I knew that could change over time.

“Welcome to the galaxy, son,” I whispered gently. “I love you.”

Brice closed his eyes as I raised him up and kissed him on the forehead. I felt excitement rush through me. Our children and yet Jess and I weren’t out of our teens yet. It didn’t matter. We would protect them and love them no matter what. We had to stop Palpatine or their children would be facing a war growing up. And there was no telling if Jess and I would be killed or not. A knock sounded at the door. “Come in.”

Rex, Anakin, Padme, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan walked through with smiles as Jess walked to Anakin and placed Mekaila in his arms. “This is your granddaughter, Mekaila.”

Anakin glowed as he looked down at the little bundle in his arms as Padme moved to his side. I handed Brice to Jess as he handed our son to Obi-Wan. “This is Brice.”

Obi-Wan took the small bundle as he moved the blanket aside. “He’s beautiful and strong in the Force.”

“Both are, but that’s normal considering both parents are strong as well,” Anakin agreed as he handed Mekaila to Padme. “Congratulations to the both of you.”

“Makes me wish I was brought into this galaxy this way, but then again I wouldn’t have met any of you,” Rex commented with a longing in his tone.

Ahsoka kissed Rex on the cheek. “I’m glad they did what they did or you and I wouldn’t have met or dated.”

Rex blushed as Obi-Wan handed Brice to Rex. The clone looked down with wonderment on his face. “Hello little guy, I see you’re awake.”

Brice gurgled as Padme handed Mekaila to Ahsoka. “She’s beautiul like her mother.”

“I couldn’t agree more,” Jess agreed with a sly smile. “Brice looks like me. I’m happy.”

“That he does,” Anakin agreed.
    -----------------
    I woke up blinking my eyes quickly as I heard a small voice crying out. I glanced around the room and noticed Rex was holding a squealing bundle with regret on his features causing me to freeze. “What’s wrong? Where is Jess?”

“Chasing a Delphia look a like, we found Delphia and Mary bound up back at our place,” Rex explained as the nurse walked forward with another bundle in her arms.

I felt fear grip my heart as I looked down at the little boy and pulled in a sharp breath. This was not my son. “This isn’t Brice.”

“Yes it is,” the nurse explained patiently. “All babie’s look a like.”

“Brice had blue eyes like mine, these are green. Neither Jess nor I have green eyes,” I pointed out with a frown as the nurse raised a brow. I reached out with the Force sensing for Jess’s signature and didn’t find it. “I can’t sense Jess’s signature or mine. This is not my child.”

The nurse gave me a stern expression as Rex watched both with a frown. “This is your child, Fress. How can you say it is not?”

“Because I can’t sense Jess’s signature,” I explained with a serious expression. “Nor mine for that matter. I’m a Jedi, we don’t need paternity tests to know whose child they belong too.”

“If you’re going to be like that,” the nurse took the child from her as Rex held onto Mekaila. The nurse went to take Mekaila but Rex refused to hand the baby over.

“I don’t think so,” Rex commented with a hard expression as he brushed by the nurse and placed Mekaila into my arms. “Just take the boy. We could see Jess in Brice last night. I don’t see Jess in that boy.”

I felt my heart squeeze in pain. Please Jess, get our son back. I pleaded silently as Rex pushed the nurse out as she turned around. “This child is very sick. He needs a mother. His mother abandoned him last night.”
    ------------
    Jess was by my side as I broke down and cried. There was nothing more they could say, and just knowing our son was out there with a stranger was far more then I could bear. Jess wrapped his arms around me as I cried on his shoulder. The vision was coming to pass and it was just a matter of time before Brice surfaced again. I heard muffled crying coming from Jess and I knew he was just as torn up over this as I was.

“We’ll find him again,” Jess whispered. “It’s only a matter of time. It’ll be okay, sweetheart. He’s not dead and it’s something we can take comfort in.”

-------------
    As the vision ended I sensed Brice breaking the connection to me and before I had a chance to open my eyes. I felt a little body crawl into my arms. I didn’t need to open my eyes to know Brice was in my arms. I felt Jess wrap his arms around both of us. “I missed you so much,” I whispered as I felt his little body shake and muffled sobs could be heard from him.

“It’s okay, son, we’re here now,” Jess whispered gently. “We love you so much.”

“I want to go home with you,” Brice spoke between shuttering breaths. “Please. I can sense your love for me.”

I opened my eyes and looked up at Bail and Breha as they watched the scene in silence. “Bail and Breha, you are no longer safe.”

They both nodded in agreement. They knew they would be stepping over a large line just by helping Jess and I. We would have to keep an eye on developments and protect them when Palpatine realized that Brice was no longer in their care. The question remained how do we nail Palpatine and end this war.
    ----------------
    To be continued in 2014 in
    A shining light in Darkness

DaenaBenjen42, Hazel, Nyota's Heart, Venator88

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful wrap Falcon and congratulations on finishing the challenge. =D= So happy Brice is with his folks again. And a lovely title for the sequel. :)

Falcon likes this.
  20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great ending! :)

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002