main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Order 66 Destroy All Jedi" by Daniel Wallace (SWI #87)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Super_Battle_Droid, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Daniel Wallace explores the Emperor's dossiers of the lost Jedi who became the tragic casualties of Order 66, which includes an intriguing twist of offering up the official Imperial spin as to what happened to these "traitors of the Empire."

This'll be AWESOME! :D

http://www.starwars.com/community/fanclub/mag/news20060406.html

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    :cool:

Oh yes!

Wonder who the artist is, and if it will be a recurring series, like HNN. =P~ [face_thinking]

3. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Cool! It looks like Holonet some what returned.

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    =P~

Saw this late last night, but didn't catch whom the author was. I'll sacrifice as many firstborn as need be to get something like this on a regular, bimonthly basis, although a HoloNet News-style format may prove untenable.

Corroney's name-dropped in issue preview, albeit not for this specific article. Though who knows.

5. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Looking forward to the story. Great cover.

That cover looks like it was inspired by the cover of the famous X-Men comic Days of the Future Past.

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I don't suppose we know yet whether this article just lists the movie Order 66 victims, the Jedi Council. or what...?

TC

7. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    There's a Nikto in the art here, and we didn't see one killed in ROTS that I can remember unless it was in the temple, which we couldn't really tell.

[image=http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/8987/nikto3qk.jpg]

8. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just got this today!

Spoilers to come...

EDIT:

It mainly features the movie jedi, but it also includes some others, including Traavis (Clone Wars Adventures 4, I believe) and and Roan Shryne---who now have actors, apparently. :D

9. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Damn, that was early, spoilers NOW! :p

10. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Traavis and Roan Shryne were in ROTS?

Does it say if Shaak Ti was killed or not?

Even Piell?

11. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Ok, ok... ;)

*Spoilers, if you hadn't guessed already.*

As implied by the preview, this takes the form of an in-universe report to the Emperor about the highlights of Order 66, compiled by Sate Pestage (I think). Supposedly fewer then 100 Jedi survived (approximately 1% of the Jedi Order.)

The list has entries for:

Plo Koon
    Aalya Secura
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Stass Allie
    Luminara Unduli
    Barriss Offee
    Traavis
    Jocasta Nu
    Cin Drallig
    Whie Malreaux
    Zett Jukassa
    Tsui Choi
    Bultar Swan
    Koffi Arana
    Roan Shryne

Each entry contains the name,species, homeworld, planet of termination, report filer, a profile/biography, and a record of termination. Also, there seems to be a note at the bottom of each entry explaining the reason for termination (trumped up charges, as expected; for example, Tsui Choi's was "Executed for spice trafficking." :p )

Not exactly much new information, though it references Purge, and mentions Jerec ("see report 01377B, ACQUISITIONS" :D ) Plus, we get a number of new clone trooper designations.

>>>Traavis and Roan Shryne were in ROTS? <<<

Not that I know of. IIRC, Traavis was only in Clone Wars Adventures 4, and Shryne was only in Dark Lord. Of course, their images could be of RotS Jedi Temple extras...

>>>Does it say if Shaak Ti was killed or not?<<<

No Shaak Ti entry, oddly enough. [face_thinking]

>>>Even Piell? <<<

Nope. No news is good news, I guess.

EDIT:

A funny real-world nod: it says that Tsui Choi was on a list for promotion to the Jedi Council, but the "opportunity did not materialize." This is a reference to the possibility that Tsui could have been in a Jedi Council seat in RotS.

12. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Cool, thanks! :D

Who does the art?

13. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    No art, its all photos. (Well, unless you count Palpatine's nasty hand holding a datapad on the first page. :p )

14. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Who did the cover? :p

15. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Oh yeah. Its by Roberto Campos.

16. cyris8400

cyris8400 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    But Roan Shyrne was on the world of Murkhana and not on Coruscant when Order 66 was initiated.

17. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Yeah he actually survived Order 66.

18. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    ...You bastard. Mine hasn't even shown up yet.

I second that "Even Piell" notion...there'd damn well better be some answers at coming on this one.

Hmmm...I've got on my list around close to 40 or so "confirmed alive" Jedi, not counting major question-marks like Depa and K'caj. Which gives us at least 50-60 more to be concocted over the years.

What's the New Order-dating for this article, by the way? That would winnow down the timeframe to when specific Jedi are about to get zotzed, up to about slightly over one year post-RotS. Roan Shryne being on that list refines it somewhat, being several months after the film, but still.

Koffi Arana's on that list, yet no mention by Dan of Our Favorite All-Time #1, Sia-Lan Wezz? That wounds me to my heart. [face_not_talking]

Any info given on specifically where Jerec was, out in the UR?

Unless this article is a broader listing of Jedi victims in general. In which case, he'd certainly qualify.

Dan, you chicken.

19. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Technically, I guess Order 66 would be in effect for as long as a single Jedi lives. But yes, Roan survived the initial clone betrayal.

On the date:

Your Majesty: I have taken the liberty of appending the circumstances of death as they will appear in the official record. Please approve by 16:9:28 in time for the next cycle of Imperial Holovision.

Sate Pestage

That puts it at about 4 months post RotS (16:5:23), assuming that the Imperial Holovision is coming out soon.

And is this just a throwaway reference, or is it a hint that we'll be getting an Imperial Holovision article... [face_thinking]

>>>Any info given on specifically where Jerec was, out in the UR? <<<

Nah. That acquisitions quote was all it had.

EDIT: Almost forgot. The article is supposedly from Moff Marcellin Wessel, compiled at the request of Pestage.

20. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    No Shaak Ti? That is odd.

21. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Hmmm... just noticed something rather odd. The image over at TOS shows a Nikto Jedi (possibly the one in Purge?) on a wanted poster. However, the actual cover is different: Ki-Adi-Mundi takes his place.

I wonder why the change. [face_thinking]

22. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Who are the new troopers?

23. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I just [face_love] the big stamp that says "KILLED" in Aurebesh across the faces of the ex-Jedi... :D

- The Imperial Ewok

24. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Here's a list of all clones mentioned, by Jedi:

Plo Koon
    Captain Jag, 127th Gunship wing (CT-55/11-9009)
    CT-57-57/11-9048 (presumably another clone pilot with Jag, as he helped kill Koon, too)
    CT-8770 through CT-8910 (killed when Plo Koon crashed into a clone staging area.)

Aayla Secura
    Commander Bly, 327th Star Corps

Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Commander Bacara, Galactic Marines

Stass Allie
    Commander Neyo, 91st Reconnaisance Corps (CC-8826)
    CT-3423 (another BARC Trooper with Neyo that helped kill Stass)

Luminara Unduli
    Commander Faie, 41st Elite Legion

Barriss Offee
    Lieutenant Galla, 327th Star Corps

Traavis
    RC-1013, Aiwha Squad ("Sarge")

Jocasta Nu
    Commander Appo, 501st Legion (Filed report, though Vader killed her to get to the Temple's emergency beacon.)

Cin Drallig
    Commander Appo, 501st Legion (Again, killed by Vader, but Appo filed the paperwork.)

Whie Malreaux
    Commander Appo, 501st Legion (Dangit! Do Dark Lords of the Sith ever fill out reports? :p )

Zett Jukassa
    Commander Appo, 501st Legion (Wounded by the little runt, so at least he was part of the action this time.)
    Sergeant Fox (Killed Zett.)

Tsui Choi
    Commander Bow, 501st Legion

Bultar Swan

Koffi Arana

Roan Shryne
    Commander Appo, 501st Legion (CC-1119, decapitated by Shryne. I guess that this implies that Purge happens after that part of Dark Lord, since it would appear that Bow takes over after Appo. [face_thinking] )

Not sure if any of these minor clones are new, since I'm not good at recognizing clones by their CT-designators. I think Commander Bow is new, though I'm not completely sure.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wheeeee!!!!! :D

>>I guess that this implies that Purge happens after that part of Dark Lord, since it would appear that Bow takes over after Appo.<<

Not necessarily. Vader could have both as his "reliable"/"preferred" troopers, in case one is already performing a mission or otehrwise incapacitated (or, in this case, decapitated ;) ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.