main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by B99, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    I do think at the end of it all Poe(with BB-8) will be the one to stay behind and rebuild and lead the Resistance while Rey/Finn/Chewie are the ones going on wacky space adventures.

B99 likes this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I hope that Finn and Poe finally get some good screentime with each other. They have such good chemistry yet they get very little time to actually interact in the first two films. Hopefully that changes in IX.

3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Oscar Isaac: “I think [Star Wars: Episode IX]’s going to be a very good ending to the entire Skywalker saga, which has lasted for these nine films. I think that what J.J. (Abrams) and Chris Terrio have done with the script will be incredibly fulfilling. You’ll get to learn new things about Poe and about Finn and Rey of course, so I’ll be really excited to share it.” (March 12, 2019)

4. thejediscavenger

thejediscavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 13, 2019
    Meaning actual character growth after they fought their demons in TLJ. I expected that and I'm glad JJ is doing it.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope when he says all nine movies he means a satisfying end to the Skywalker saga. That most if not everyone can enjoy! I knew we get more things out of the 3 heroes.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think we will get an episode 10,11 and 12. its just the PT,OT and ST.

7. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    You may be right. It's possible that in the future, they stick with "Star Wars Stories", such as Rogue One and Solo. It would also explain why John Williams was so sure that he would never write music for SW again....

I'm glad to know thanks to Poe's interview that we'll get more to learn about the new characters. We definitely need that!

IlhamKamaruddin and RetropME like this.
  8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    There's almost no way that Episode IX can be a satisfying end to the Skywalker saga at this point imo, sadly. TFA and TLJ killed that off as definitively as possible. The Skywalker saga ended with ROTJ as far as I'm concerned.

nightangel, ami-padme, 11-4D and 3 others like this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I wonder if Lando and Poe will have a lot or if any screen time, I could see that being pretty fun!

10. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    I don't think Lando will have much screentime but the characters I think he's most likely to interact with is the Finn/Poe/Chewie trio and Leia.

11. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Oscar Isaac: "I wasn't surprised [at it being an emotional centerpiece with the scenes I had with Carrie Fisher in Star Wars: The Last Jedi] because I remember we were doing that...we worked a lot and her and I worked together so much, too, and we would talk about the scenes, and we would...you know, we got very tight during the shooting of that. So it was a beautiful thing to see and it gets carried over into the new film" "Yeah, no it is [emotional on another level personally to me in the new film with the inserted scenes of Carrie Fisher]. It was definitely an unusual thing but I also think it was right to engage with her character, and not just let it be something that fades away but can really give it its proper, you know, place of honor." (March 12, 2019)

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I doubt we'll get more standalone "Star Wars Stories" like Rogue One or Solo; that seems to be the purview of the live-action Disney+ series now, like The Mandalorian or the Cassian Andor series. We have more trilogies on the horizon (Rian Johnson's trilogy, Benioff & Weiss' film series) but nothing more from the Skywalker Saga. They really do seem to intend Episode IX as the end to the larger generational story the franchise has revolved around since its inception.

13. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Very little chance of 10-12 now. I think LFL/Disney can't get done with the "Skywalker Saga" fast enough. Too much baggage and expectations for them to handle.

It's why they are doing the films every two years instead of the traditional three.

It's why no "show-runner" or "overall visionary/producer" was recruited to cohesively oversee the whole ST (See: Kevin Feig).

It's why there was no interest in reuniting Luke, Han and Leia.

It's why Luke, in his late 50s, was killed off in TLJ instead of having him be a traditional Qui-Gon/Old Obi-Wan-type mentor Jedi figure in the background here and there.

It's why a theme of "let the past die" was let into the 8th episode of the series.

It's why a new big bad in Snoke doesn't matter and is dispensed with.

It's why Rey's visual aesthetic is borrowed from Luke and Leia.

And it's why, in general, the ships and environments in the ST are all nostalgia callbacks to the OT rather than anything fresh, even though it's 30 years later in universe....

They bought the SW property to build a theme park and create their own characters and movies within this Galaxy Far Far Away to keep that theme park humming.

Episodes 7-9 were just a necessary formality to make a lot of guaranteed $ out of the gate and bring fans' attention back to Star Wars in general 10 years after the critically-drubbed PT.

Episode IX is the END. But I think POE is destined to survive and be the Republic Leader in some form or fashion. That's a big, and nice arc from hotshot/hothead pilot to Chancellor or whatever.

When we get into the Benioff & Weiss trilogy and all the Disney+ shows, that's when we'll be in the territory of what Disney really wants to do, and I hope beyond hope that with these new titles they truly show us that they care.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  14. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Now I want Episode 9 to be called "Wacky Space Adventures."

15. Gai' Phó

Gai' Phó Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2018
    I hope the live-action shows will be side stories, similar to (but longer than) the anthology films. One about Poe in the Resistance could totally work. The new trilogies, on the other hand, could push into new territory rather than being parallel to I-IX. They could drop the Star Wars title and episode numbers, and just do something new set in the same universe. But Chancellor Poe??? I'd love to see them drop all the titular mumbo-jumbo and just focus on individuals restoring freedom to the galaxy....

16. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I kinda disagree about them about wanting to get the Skywalker saga out of the way. because truth be told the OT is the base of what started all this whole franchise and if they were to try and throw that aside they would be acting like their new stuff is better then the thing that started it all, and thats never gonna happen and would be the quickest way to alienate people.

But at the same Disney wanna milk this franchise and they can't do it just around the Skywalkers. but you also know that they want people to keep at the back of their minds the core of star wars, and for alot of people that still the OT, and for others it might even be the PT.

But then lets face it, we have the PT,OT and ST. what else do you need? the SST?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  17. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Oscar Isaac: “What was particularly special was the day that I finished on these three massive movies that for me have been such a huge part of my life, right after it was like, ‘Okay, Oscar’s done.’ And then I said a few words. ‘And it’s also Anthony Daniels’ [C-3PO] last day on set!’ Way to take the thunder.” “[Anthony Daniels] was super emotional about it and hanging up the golden cowl. And I think, really, and I mean this, this time he kept saying this was the most fun he’s had ’cause he had so many fun things to do and we got to work a lot together. It was just amazing to see that piece of history close.” (March 15, 2019)

IlhamKamaruddin and miasma like this.
  18. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Interesting. So C3PO has a lot to do, and he's in a bunch of scenes with Poe. That should be good. I wonder if this bodes well for R2, too....

19. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    Oscar mentions Poe's relationship with Leia, and how it will reflect on EP IX:

20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its possible Lando will fill for some scenes that Leia can't now, due to the passing of Carrie.

The only way he can interact with Leia is if they put Lando in the place of someone else who filmed a scene with Leia, because Carrie likely didn't film anything the character.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Wildcatbarry and Django Fett like this.
  21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It's a pity they couldn't expand Poe's influence with him designing a new fighter for the Resistance to replace the X-Wing.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Yeah....the K-52 'Poe' Fighter.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The P-Wing.

I cannot imagine such a shape could fly very efficiently but at least it will have his name on it.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Give it a decade or two and we'll get X, XI and XII.

With older depressed Rey hiding on an island...

Darth Smurf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.