main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by B99, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Oscar Isaac was interviewed in Metro (UK paper) and had this to say about Episode IX and working with John Boyega:

https://www.metro.news/sixty-seconds-with-oscar-isaac/1478976/

Presumably you were in London shooting the last in the Star Wars sequel trilogy. Does it feel like a family reunion?
    It absolutely is. To the point that when we were finishing, the thought that, ‘Oh my God, that’s it, we are not going to be together like this again, ever’ was really emotional. I never did a TV show or anything where I had a recurring role — and you don’t know where the story is going but you know you are in it. It was a big challenge. But it’s also really fun to have three films to develop a character over. I think the one thing I can say [about Star Wars: Episode IX] is that it has been the most fun for me, particularly working with John Boyega because we have just had so much more to do together and we just really connected in a great way. It was really a wonderful way to finish it for me because John was the first person I met right when I screen-tested. It was just with me and him. So it just felt like a real full-circle thing.

MarcJordan and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    So what he's saying is...we're getting more Finn and Poe (b)romance in Episode IX?[face_coffee]:D

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Poe+Finn = fun time!

RetropME and The Deuteragonist like this.
  4. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "To a dark place this will lead" - Yoda

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Let's try spinning... that's all this ship can do!"

Bor Mullet, Wildcatbarry and B99 like this.
  6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  7. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Oscar Isaac: “[Poe] takes those [lessons of leadership] on. Where we start in Episode IX is, they’re decimated, there isn’t much of a Resistance to even lead, so I think what they’re trying to do is find allies, find anybody they can that can help them, help their cause -- it just feels like it’s totally lost. As the film goes on, I think you start to see him really grapple with not only the lack of leadership -- I mean, Leia is gone -- but also, how do you be a leader when there doesn’t seem to be anybody to lead?” (April 12, 2019)

cerealbox and Jedi Jessy like this.
  8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I didn't know Nathan Drake was in this film!

[​IMG]

:p

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Poe, Finn, and Rey seemingly finally getting to be on an adventure together. About freaking time LF.

10. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
  11. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Love that we get a glimpse into Poe's past, the books gave a little background but Poe definitely needs more development when compared to Finn or Rey.

The Deuteragonist likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Lots of them telling us about the state of the Resistance and apparently Finn and Poe going on missions for Leia.

13. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Oscar Isaac: “[Poe]’s been a bit of a lone wolf, on purpose: That’s how he always kind of viewed himself. He was the one guy alone in that X-Wing, and now he’s got some co-pilots, he’s got people on his flanks, so it’s a new way that we’re seeing him.” (April 12, 2019)

Oscar Isaac: “It’s just so profound [to see Carrie Fisher in the new teaser for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker]. It’s so moving and heartbreaking at the same time because she should be here. I think that the film deals with it in a way that will allow everyone to feel like we can all both mourn together and feel some closure.” (April 12, 2019)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  14. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    That makes Kaz's codename for Poe (Lone Wolf) even more fitting!

15. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Poe never struck me as a loner type, I always saw him as the most sociable character out of the new ST characters. Kinda like the guy who is friends or on good terms with everyone.

16. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    That's...interesting. I'm starting to think the Poe Dameron in his self-titled comics is a completely different character than the one in the ST. In the comics, he's very open, inviting, and definitely willing to with others. Sure he goes on a few missions by himself but I never saw him as a lone wolf. In the films, he's a lot more rash, cocky, and entitled.

17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-cover-story?verso=true
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/the-truth-about-kylo-ren-and-reys-connection

18. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  19. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
  20. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    What does that even mean?

21. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    you don't know what a spa is ?

22. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    YeS I KnOw WhAt A sPa Is

I still don't get what the tweet means. Which is why I asked.

alwayslurking likes this.
  23. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Poe is with someone at a spa in resistance reborn. they are saying that they (the person who made the tweet) are crying cause I guess its either an entertaining scene or the person who poe is with at is someone we know. be it Finn or Rey or someone we wouldn't expect.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  24. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Wait, what? Resistance Reborn doesn't come out until November. Did someone get an advanced copy?

25. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    editor is editing right now and she's trying but failing at not live tweeting her reaction to reading it while editing

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.