main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo OT: Angry fans chase Pablo Hidalgo off social media

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ender_and_Bean, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    To be honest I have often wondered why people like Pablo and RJ even bother with social media. I get that they may like the fan interactions. But if so wait to do that at conventions where people are actually nice. Social media has just become a cess pool.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Ftfy

RiddleMeThis likes this.
  3. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I stopped following him after his "6 angry guys in a basement" snark tbh - is it coincidental that all of this seems to have come to a head just as Solo's poor BO numbers become apparent ?

Darth Smurf, Bossk_Baby, MS1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    see ya in the sewer!

/heels

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
  5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    This is the type of well thought out, reasonable, and constructive commentary I've come to expect.

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Lol these people are funny because I’m always annoyed by the social justice warrior crowd and I’m not a Hollywood liberal but I don’t see all of this nonsense these people see. I didn’t see any “agenda” in TLJ. I think people see what they want to see. I just loved the movie, maybe I wasn’t the biggest fan of Rose but I’ve never felt that it’s my right as a fan to love all 100+ characters ever introduced. I like my franchise having something for everyone and being all inclusive. It makes me smile that there are people who love Rose and I don’t think my opinion is the only one that matters with those things. I like the diversity of characters, philosophies, and all of that. I’d rather dwell on what I love than worry about nonsense.

7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I am actually quite confused about the backlash thats happened with star wars these days. although not entirely surprised as i was kinda expecting it to happen one day since alot of the prequel backlash got abit over the top at times

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  8. DarthStarMan

DarthStarMan Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2017
    Can I just say THANK YOU! That last line! Why people feel like they need to harp on about what they hate is beyond me! Such a waste of energy! Focus on what you love people! Like Rose says “not fighting for what we hate saving what we love”

9. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I knew walking out of TLJ that a percentage of fans would be upset. Really upset. I was hoping it wouldn't be this bad. I mean, what's Disney going to do with a SW theme park if so many fans have been this soured. Me I was able to enjoy Solo anyway. And I have learned to care less what "fans" think. I do however go to other events and I am so relieved the fans haven't turned against the franchise or band or whatever I am going to enjoy. SW fans are a special amount of passionate.

MS1 and DarthStarMan like this.
  10. DarthStarMan

DarthStarMan Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2017
    People honestly need to drop expectations and go into new films/novels/comics with open hearts and minds! When you have no expectations you always come out feeling like you were on the most amazing adventure! It’s great that we love everything we have enjoyed before! But Star Wars needs to keep moving in new directions and needs to eveolve and the only way it can do that is if we evolve along with it! I wish we could unite in celebrating what it does well rather than ripping each other to shreds on what we hate! It’s sad really

Runjedirun likes this.
  11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    PH loves the attention, loves teasing out clues about what will happen in upcoming movies but most importantly loves to answer fans queries.

12. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think because the OT was such a big thing through the 80s and all of the 90s means that alot of people fixed their perspective on it being the Star wars trilogy!. then the prequels came along and you either liked it or hated it but if many didn't like them people just head cannoned them out of existence and didn't lose sleep over it (for the most part).

Now Disney have got the franchise they are really expanding the OT in directions where canon is a much bigger deal then it was and is certainly being given out faster then the audience has time to process.

If Disney get their way we will have 9 saga movies, Rogue one, Solo, Obi wan, boba fett and whatever else is coming at us.

13. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Social media is a skid mark on society. A quick view of Twitter and YouTube comments demonstrates how disgustingly a lot of people behave on the internet.

The internet is a wonderful thing in many ways, but social media is a cesspit.

14. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Lucas has always been pretty liberal but was smart enough to keep politics out of Star Wars (and smart enough to realize that you don't do a Star Wars movie a year if you want to keep the franchise from overexposure). I used to think Disney was smart enough not to bring SJW into Star Wars but I'm really having my doubts now.

I'm not a fan of Pablo. He is a troll and known for bashing movies for the company he works for (wasn't he the one who created the nuke the fridge expression)) but some of these fans online need to get a grip. Disney had every right not to follow the expanded universe, which wasn't canon to begin with. People don't have to like that but Disney was under no obligation to follow that.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Lucas never kept Star Wars out of politics. @Ender_and_Bean covered that pretty well in his earlier post. And I would add—Lucas was given hell in 1977 for not making Leia sweet and demure enough to Han and Luke when they rescued her. Even when Leia wore a bikini, she used it to choke the ***hole who made her wear it.

I can imagine that if the Internet and its terminology existed then like it does now, there would be plenty of whining that he and his “SJW agenda” needed to be gone.

Yes, Star Wars is “for everyone”—including women and people of color (and LGBTQ people) who want to see people who look like themselves who are not put in bad stereotypical roles and/or put into the film only to serve the story of the white male lead.

And we have been here since 1977.

16. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    The endgame is the destruction of Cultural Marxism and victim politics.

17. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Just when you think Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back should have laid the foundation to what happened to nasty internet commenters...

I cannot understand this type of behavior. I've said it before, I've not agreed with certain directions the saga has taken story wise, Solo currently being the best example but it would never occur to me to lash out the people who put in the hard work (and I mean everybody, gaffers, best boys, craft services etc.) to make an artistic vision into reality.

Yes in todays world any celebrity or politician puts a digital target on their back when they go on social media, but there's only so much **** anybody can or should take.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If the achievement of the “end game” is dependent upon communicating threats, up to and including death threats, as well as posting racist and misogynistic slurs against LFL employees, female fans and fans of color, that “end game” should never be achieved.

Any so-called “fans” whose end game is to drive away women, POC and LGBTQ people who want to see themselves represented well on screen, and to create movies similar to the scenario that @Ender_and_Bean described, should never be given even a nanosecond of consideration.

19. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Some artists need social media, particularly if they are appealing to a young audience. But otherwise I agree. Why would you bother exposing yourself in such a way if you don’t need to? I have no idea why sports starts have twitter accounts.

That doesn’t excuse they abuse the get, but unfortunately that is. Is the world we live in.

More people need to be prosecuted for this type of behaviour, then maybe it will become a more pleasant place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. oldtimefan 2

oldtimefan 2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2017
    I agree the bashing should never have got personal these are only movies at the end of the day.
    Also people should be able to dislike or express disappointment in a movie without causing offence.

21. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    You don’t see Matt Martin behaving the way Pablo did. He largely ignores a certain section of the fans. Rian Johnson also largely ignores them, Pablo should’ve done the same thing and acted more professionally.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Trevor Noah has talked about imagining his Twitter haters’ tweets in a cartoon-egg voice. “Go back to Africa, Trevor!” in a squeak that sounds like it comes off a PBS Kids’ show.

I imagine “You and your SJWism ruined Star Wars” in Dora the Explorer’s voice would lighten things up for a little while. But at a certain point it’s probably easier not to have a public social media account at all.

Chewgumma and Trikuza23 like this.
  23. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Even Lando rolled his eyes at L3 when she said to his anything you need question and she answered "Equal Rights".

Xinau likes this.
  24. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    THEY ARE LITERALLY ANNOYED WITH HER IN-UNIVERSE

Good grief these guys....

25. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Just to be clear I am not agreeing with the people that use SJW and PC crap in attacking Star Wars. They have already lost the war. They may still fight the battle, but the war is lost. We are not going back in time. The world and Star Wars is better being inclusive. Not to mention Star Wars has always been left leaning and only far-left to the alt-right and the like.

I will nicely converse with someone who doesnt like TLJ if they come up with reasons beyond "it sucks and if you like it you suck" sorta nonsense. Give me a strong reason that Luke should have been the happy warrior when Rey got to him rather then a depressed person who believes he failed. Not to mention the failure occurred before TFA and wasnt Rian Johnson's doing. He just took him from the natural place he would be.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.