main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT: How about a get together for the C&P Forum posters at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Mirax H, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I'm sure we'll probably run into each other at some point but is there any interest in an informal get together? I don't know how possible this is since a lot of us have significant others that may not want to get dragged along but I figured I'd throw this one out there.

2. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Excellent idea! I'd especially love to see how these costumes I've been reading about turn out for everyone. I'm guessing Saturday would probably be best for everyone. Anybody have any ideas?

3. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Sounds great! I'll be there all three days and I'd love to see everyone's costumes. Anyone know where we could get together?

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Perhaps during lunch hour in the cafeteria. I doubt there will be any events going on during lunch.
    How about Saturday at 12 noon

5. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Or right before the costume parade on Sunday?

6. studiocreations

studiocreations Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2000
    Saturday day looks to be busy for the 501st, Sunday before the parade might be a bit busy for us attending the parade and costume contest.

Nighttime is usually slow at any con, a good time to get together for a social group. Dinner time one day? cocktail hour in one of the hotel lounges?

-sc

p.s. I have t-shirts and polo shirts printed with the Studio Creations logo on then. If you see a Studio Creations shirt, it'll be a a good bet that the person wearing it is me. Stop the person and say hi, dont be shy. :)

7. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Poodoo.... Its too expensive for me to go to IN... :(
    I looked into it already and between a plane ticket, hotel, etc etc..... about $500.00.....A plane ticket alone is about 210 round trip.

Money i definetely dont have :(

I save for celebration 3 though :)

8. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Saturday lunch sounds good.

9. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Jedi Samantha I feel your pain! I just got married in December, so money is really tight. We can't swing the money for 2 $75 tickets, a hotel room for two nights, and gas/food/souvenier money. Just not possible. But we'll be at CIII hopefully!

hehe -- if anyone wants to make plans to get together at CIII in three years I'm all for it! LOL

10. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Mrs M...I'll be at CIII! Trust me i will be! I was going to leave NY early Sat morning (Like a 7am plane) and spend all day saturday and allday sunday at CII. And then come home sunday night like at 9pm. But nooo..... Its too much money (That and my birthday is May 3rd) :)

11. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I was kinda thinking Sunday before or after the costume contest as well. I know this is kinda hard to plan since no one know exactly what they will be doing each day but since most of us, or least quite a few will be in the costume contest, and it would be fun to be as a group in costume, then perhaps Sunday may work.

12. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I would love to meet up with everybody too. Sunday might be a good option because we know, to some degree, what our schedules are that day due to the contest.
    Maybe we can 'parade' together?

13. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll take you up on those CIII plans, as I'll be in Japan during CII. :D

14. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Lunch right before the parade, perhaps?

15. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    I am not sure what everyone's plans are as far as driving and flights-but maybe right after the cotsest and parade? Or Saturday night after the convention...It closes at a decent hour-maybe late dinner or something? I think before the contest it will be kinda hectic with everyone getting ready and registering for teh contest-I know I probably will not be eating lunch due to my makeup-I will wait until after the contest lest everything smears pink...
    After the contest for dinner is a good idea also unless you need to leave immediately after the con closes to drive or fly...I think it closes early Sunday evening.

16. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I agree Sunday after the contest is probably best. I think I'll be too nervous to meet before the contest. And the last Celebration ended early on Sunday, so that way we could all go out for dinner or something.

17. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Sunday after the contest sounds good to me.

18. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Yep, ditto. I'm all for meeting after the contest. Does anyone know the layout of the place well enough to suggest a meeting area?

19. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Does anyone remember what time the contest is over? I know my husband and I will be driving home after Sunday's events. If it's not too late, then after the contest would work for us too. :)

20. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Looks like I won't make it to the get together on Sunday. My flight leaves at 7:45pm. :(

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    If it's Sunday night, I'm out....our flight leaves fairly early in the evening.

22. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    If we met immediately after the contest it may help out with some of those flying...I think the con closes at around 5 maybe? It is on the net somewhere-the con schedule-so maybe if someone can find it? If it will not work out for too many Saturday night would be good-most of us will have nothing to do after the con is over anyway...

23. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, the only thing about Saturday night is the concert. I'm really hoping to go to that. :)

24. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everyone,

The official site updated today to annouce that the Costume Contest is scheduled from 2:00pm - 4:00pm.

Read it HERE

Later,

25. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    I'll probably have to leave right at 4 just to be able to go back to the hotel and grab my luggage and get to the airport. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.