main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT: How about a get together for the C&P Forum posters at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Mirax H, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Hi all, I know some of you know about this, but we are having a FanForce party on Friday night from 9 pm til midnight. Many are already planning on coming in costume and this might be the perfect solution to your dilema.

We are planning some events and giveaways for the party, plus food and drink. In addition, we are working on a few surprises. ;)

I hope you guys can all join us, it should be a great time.

Here is the link for the party info.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Jay

2. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sadly, Celebration II is out of the question for me :( Just a little too much happening this year already.

However, when is Celebration III supposed to take place, I'd like to try going to that in an armored costume (Jango, Boba, Or Clonetrooper.....hmmmmmmm.....)

-Matt

3. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Celebration III will probably be in May of 2005, just before Episode III is released. It will probably be somewhere that is centrally located like Indianapolis.

4. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Well, this time change may make it easier to have a lunch before the contest or it would be dinner afterwards, however it sounds like many will be leaving after the contest. I sure hope this time change isn't going to keep anyone from being able to compete, that would suck!

5. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Celebration III will probably be in May of 2005, just before Episode III is released. It will probably be somewhere that is centrally located like Indianapolis.

Hehe...I vote for having it in Columbus, OH!

It will probably be in a city that has a powerful FanForce, like the Indy FF. I don't think being in a central location is what the planners look for, necessarily. Now this is completely unresearched, and therefore an honest-to-goodness question, but wasn't Celebration I on the west coast somewhere? I seem to remember hearing that before, but I am probably wrong. [face_clown]

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    It was in Denver I believe...

I think for 2005 they should try Toronto... with the exchange rate it'll be cheap for the Americans, and Niagara Falls is really close by, and lots of easy transportation options.

Of course I have no say in the matter... :p

7. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Since some people have to leave on Sunday, why don't we try to get together after the concert on Saturday, that can't be too late. That way everyone can be there and the convention will be done for the day. Everyone wins!

8. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    If yer going to be at the Fan Force Party I'm gonna be there, with my fiance and the many members of Cincy Fan Force. So if ya see us wearin' our shirts, just come up and tap me on the shoulder. I've got really long dark hair.

Lotus!

9. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Oh goody! If everyones meeting after the contest I'd love to do that! Maybe so we'll be sure to rechonize eachother we should say what costume we will be wearing and maybe have little tags with our screen name on it or something. Anyway, the day of the contest I'll be in Padmes ep2 rainbow dress.

10. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    FANFORCE PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

We are pleased to announce that the Official FanForce Party has joined forces with two of the strongest organizations in the Star Wars universe.

The party will be co hosted by FanForce, the 501st, and Rebel Legion. What better way to get as many SW together than to bring all of us to one gathering. The 501st and Rebel Legion are the premier costuming and fan clubs in the SW family and we are proud to have them join us.

In addition, there will be special guests at the party that will be mingling with the fans. Although we will not formally announce them, yet, suffice it to say that they are actors from the Star Wars Saga. Please keep in mind that these people are NOT coming to the party to sign autographs, so please do not expect them or ask them to. They are coming to meet and greet and mingle with fellow fans. Although I am sure that photo opportunities will be plentiful. More details on specific guests will come later, as we are still trying to secure even more surprises.

In addition, there will be raffles throughout the night for prizes that will MORE than validate your entry price.

Of course, JediTalk will be broadcasting live for your entertainment as well.

In light of these new developments, we have secured a room capable of holding nearly 300 guests. Many have ask of the possibility of paying at the door, to answer that I will say the following: We will accept payment at the door, however, there will be two stipulations.

1) The cover price will be $20 instead of $17, the reason for this is because payment based on head-count is due to the Hyatt 48 hours BEFORE the party. Any additional persons at the party and we will be charged an increased amount per person by the hotel to cover additional costs.
    2) Since we do have a limited, albeit much larger, space for the party, if all of our space is filled before May 3, there will obviously be no tickets available at the door. We have already sold easily half of the tickets that will be available, so I do not expect there to be any room left come Celebration time, especially with these new developments. However, I have been known to be wrong...from time to time!

All that being said, it is going to be a great time. Wristbands will be issued when you check in so that you can come in and out from the party, and they will also designate whether or not you are 21, in order to help security prevent underage patrons from having any alcohol at the party. Sorry Padawans!!!

We hope to see you all there and May the Force be with You!!!

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's a thought. I'm assuming that most of us from this forum who are going to the Celebration will be attending the presentation(s) given by Trisha Biggar. I don't know if the times for her have been released yet, but I'm thinking we'll all pretty much be in the same spot at the same time to see her, so maybe meeting right after her presentation is an easy option?

12. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    That's not a bad idea. Also, I'm curious as to who all is going to the Fan Force party. I will be in attendance.

13. bookguy232

bookguy232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2000
    Well I'll be at the party, too. It looks like it's going to be a pretty cool/big event. Look for me! I'm also pretty sure we'll have a database of hotel/room numbers at the 501st table. Look me up there if you need to (Brian Marchman/TK232), and leave me a message.

14. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST FOR ALL DETAILS

FanForce/501st/Rebel Legion Party Update

Here is the update you have been waiting for.

Thanks to Indy Knights President Ron, we have once again upgrade our room. We now have the facilities capable of holding up to 600 people. Looking at the response that we have had to this, it looks like we will fill that up as well. But here are the details:

1) Due to the close proximity of C2, we will only be accepting the entry fee of $17 through Paypal payments. I apologize for this inconvenience, but it is the only way to make sure we have all the funds before the payment is due (48 hours before the party). My Paypal ID is jaynewnum@cs.com. If you do not know how to use Paypal or cannot get it to work, please get with somebody that you know that can do it for you. It is just not possible to make any exceptions to this.

2) Payments will NOT be accepted AFTER Friday April 26. Any payments sent in after that will be returned through Paypal. With all of the work that we have to begin on Sunday the 28th for Celebration 2, this will allow me Saturday to get all of the paid attendees list put together. I HOPE to post a list by Sunday or Monday.

3) When you send in your Paypal payment, please make sure that you include the FULL names of every person that you are paying for. That is absolutely neccesary in order to have a complete list at the door.

4) We will have a complete list at the door, but, if you have the means, please print out your Paypal receipt for secondary verification. If you forget or cannot print stuff out, it is no big deal, but I like for everyone to just be doubley sure.

5) Due to the fact that I would have nearly 200 individual people to respond to since we suspended payment, I will NOT be responding to emails or PM's that have been sent to me previously, I simply do not have the time to do that, I am sorry. We now do have plenty of tickets, so we shouldn't have a problem. With that being said, there are still NO plans to sell tickets at the door. We anticipate that this will still be a sell-out.

Well, I think that is about it, for now. I do apologize for the inconvenience of some of this, but this event has simply exploded. It is going to be a blast and I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can.

Once again, props to SkylaFett for putting everything together for this and thanks to Incom4 for securing a larger room.

Well, let the games begin...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.