main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT - The Last Patrol Trailer

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by The Jedi Apprentice, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Thank you for all the comments and historical insight. But let me get this out in the open first...The Last Patrol will have many, many historical inaccuracies; not because of lack of knowledge about the time period (we're all big WWII/military buffs), but because of the lack of resources and funds. Hell, even Spielberg had some incorrect material in SPR, can't expect too much from a bunch of high school seniors.

We did the best we could (I'd like to think) with what we had...which was $400 and a lot of enthusiasm.

The film won't be perfect, far from it actually, but hopefully it'll be enjoyable.

EDIT: Oh, it should be available on Friday, May 31st. And if you want me to still address the historical-aspect questions, lemme know.

2. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    If I may ask, what type of camera did you use to shoot this and did you purchase it because you were going to shoot this, or did you already have it?

Chris

3. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Hi. I used a Sony DCR-TRV11. I purchased it about a year ago, and not specifically for this short, or any movie-making.

4. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    Yo dude! How long did it take you to make this movie, preproduction production and postproduction?

5. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Hmm. Preproduction, from our very first inklings to the start of production...about 4 months. That included: early ideas, writing the script, securing funds, and securing costumes and props. Production lasted 4 days, shot all on location, each day about 5 hours long. We're a month into postproduction so far, and it'll last one more month.

6. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Sweet! Ill be waiting!

7. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Hmm, you know, that's interesting. Because I didn't detect any significant difference between the footage of the BA trailer and your trailer. BA used a PD-150. The sharpness and crispness of the images were pretty much the same.

The only difference I spotted was that your colors seemed more washed out, but I don't think you had a neutral density filter lens on that camera, did you? That probably didn't have anything to do with the camera itself.

Granted, uncompressed the difference in the footage is probably noticable. But since we filmmakers are essentially making these for the web, why waste money? :)

BTW this is purely from a newbie point of view. If anyone else knows differently, please chime in.

Chris

8. DragonScythe

DragonScythe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2001
    May 31st?
    I'll be waiting...It'll be good if not great from what i've seen...

It could be worse. You could've made pearl harbor. All that was was the japanese invading a love triangle...sheesh hollywood...

The Other Chris

9. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    My sentiments exactly Dragon :)

Can't wait for this one, looks good.

10. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    ::Makes a mental note to not let any WWII experts into the thread for my Metal Gear Solid Film:::

Cya
    Mike "A fan of muzzle flashes period" Wycklendt

11. DragonScythe

Jun 25, 2001
    Don't worry mike. The only metal gear game that had any real weapons was 2...and they made up random modifications to the beretta..and crap like that...I won't flame you for not using correct soviet weapons and stuff like that...And anyways stingers go 90 miles an hour

CHRIS

Still bored after 10PM

12. HocFutue

HocFutue Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    Just a clarification from earlier comments regarding Class 3 "License." Full-auto weapons are Class 3, you don't need a Class 3 "license." What you need to do is pay the $200 transfer tax to the Treasury department and the other paperwork, including sign-off from your CLEO--Chief Law Enforcement Officer (sheriff, or chief of police.) In some states, it's that simple. In other states, it's de facto impossible to get the CLEO signoff. Unless, of course, you are a major political contributor.

Full-auto weapons are LEGAL under Federal law, and at least in theory, not that complicated to complete the background checks and pay the tax required. It's the state or local laws that are often vague, contradictory, or in many cases, totally arbitrary.

Not sure what the "militia" reference means in the earlier post, either. Especially considering, under Federal code, ALL men aged 18-45, I believe, are in the militia of the United States

How does this tie into Star Wars fan films? Well, Sterling SMGs, MG34s, Vickers MGs, and other Class 3 weapons are used for the basis for many of the weapons in the Star Wars universe.

Hoc Futue

13. DragonScythe

Jun 25, 2001
    "Militia" refers to the Militia Movement that swept across america. It was really stupid and i know some old militia people. It was more about apocalapyse theories than any defense of the country...thankfully the idiots never did anything (they were a prime subject of possible terrorist attacks during the New Years 2000 among the Neo-Nazis and other Radicals)

BORED LITTLE COMMIE
    Chris

14. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Hey! Is it coming out soon or what?

15. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Sorry, I was out of town for a while.

I posted the release date above, May 31st

16. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    And May 31th it is :D.......so is it comming out today or what ???

17. MazeM

MazeM Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    Hello :eek: wake up boys I want 2 see "The Movie" what is the release date...

18. flyingseal

Mar 20, 2002
    Hey....I know you :D

19. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Ya wheres the movie!!!

20. flyingseal

Mar 20, 2002
    We want movie! We want movie! We want movie! :D

21. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    We Want Movie We Want Movie We Want Movie We Want Movie We Want Movie :p

22. flyingseal

Mar 20, 2002
    He has forgotten us :_| :p :D...

23. MazeM

MazeM Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    We Want Movie We Want Movie We Want Movie... :_|

24. flyingseal

Mar 20, 2002
    Yes..........please :p

25. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Well, has anyone tried screwing with the links and trying to get the whole movie link, if he's uploaded it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.