main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Other Half: Skywalker & Solo Twins Index and Discussion: Nov. "Big NEWS" Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SpiritofEowyn, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Now that Swarm War has come out, do your opinions on either of the twins change? Do you fear what the Legacy will bring?
    Supposedly there will be S/S in fighting. Any thoughts? Is Jacen turning? Will Leia become a Master Jedi? Will Jaina make it out of the series alive and de-bugged?
    Predictions anyone? Fears? Wishes?

2. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I still haven't gotten around to reading the DN trilogy (my B&N didn't have The Joiner King today!), but from what I gather, it sounds like Jacen is at a point where he can go either way - Dark or Light. I'm afraid it sounds more like Dark, though.

I'd love to see Leia become a Master. I'd also like for Jaina to live.:)

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I haven't read The Swarm War yet -- I was going to buy it, but then I went and spent all my Christmas money on clothes since my mom refuses to buy me any new stuff... but I'm hoping that Jaina makes it out alive and debugged! I definately want her debugged! And I'd like to see Leia become a Jedi Master too.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I am really afraid of the Skywalker/Solo fighting... In Swarm War I was really upset by Leia having to shoot down Jag, and Jag being on the opposite side in general. It will break my heartif they are on oposite sides:_| I think Leia will eventually get promoted to Master, but not for a while...I think Jacen will fairly soon. I think that because Mara said somthing about Jacen being a good second in comand pretty soon.

Sorry for all the blacking out.Even though they are not very big spoilers I didn't want to spoil it for thoes who haven't read it yet.

5. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    ACk! Jacen should not be in Jedi leadership!
    Leia what?! That makes sense after reading some recent fanfics. I wonder how Jaina felt about that. I think anyone opposing sith-Jacen is on the right side.

(very carefully worded not to be spoiler-ful.)

I might skim Swarm War in the bookstore sometime, but with sith-Jacen I don't wanna buy it.

Is Jacen's daughter named Allanna officially or Drena Ro?

:( ::wants to kick sense and caring for his family into Jacen:: <--[face_beatup]

6. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    From what I read in Literature, Jacen's daughter's name is Alana/Allana/Allanna - a version of that name anyway. I've never seen it spelled the same way!

7. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Leia what?!
    In all fairness it was shoot him down or be shot down, she also warned him to eject first.

I might skim Swarm War in the bookstore sometime, but with sith-Jacen I don't wanna buy it.
    I thought Jacen really redemed himself while he was still keeping secrets, and Luke knew he was, it was nothing that was hurting anyone. He pledged his alegience to Luke and the order saying that what was helping the order was helping him. I really wasn't liking Jacen in the first two Dark Nest books, especially because of what he did to Ben (and Ta'a Chume even though I don't like her and I thought she deserved it), and he still kinds creeps me out, but I can see why he is doing what he is doing.

Jacen's daughters name is Allana, I believe that is how it is spelled. My fiancee' has the book at the moment.

I really recomend reading the whole trilogy, even if you have to borrow it. A lot of people didn't like it, but I think if you read it as a whole it is pretty good. I also think so because they were really setting up the mood for Legacy, in my opinion.

8. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I want to read the DNT, but I need to find The Joiner King first...I've only been able to get my hands on The Unseen Queen and The Swarm War lately (I suppose I could use Amazon or B&N.com. but I like to pick the book out myself...I'm weird [face_blush]). I was wary at first since I'm sort of anti-NJO, but the EU after that seems better. Plus, I like Troy Denning.

Allana, is it? Okay. I can remember the correct spelling now.

9. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    If Jacen doesn't tell his family about Allana in the next book I will be very pissed. I mean really!

I hope Jaina gets more screen time too. Have you noticed that it's the skywalker line males that go dark and creepy? The girls despair and get sad, die, and then are called ice queens, and have a lot less screen time. :(

I can't add it to The index until the author say yes but I thought I'd let you guys know about

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=21365941&brd=10477&start=22770969 No Choice at All, a Solo twins one shot, good and tissue alert ful.
    Yet another one twin dies and the other feels guilty story that is so much... fun? Yay Angst!

10. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, agree with you about Jacen. His family deserves to know!

I'm going to read that fic...but I'm going to get a tissue first...;)

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I think they deserve to know also, but I understand why he hasn't told them. I think he wants to, but right now that would put her in danger. I am sure the truth will come out soon enough, it always does!:p

Have you noticed that it's the skywalker line males that go dark and creepy?
    It does seem that way doesn't it? Jania did go semi dark in NJO, but she realized the error of her ways before doing to much damage.

12. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Testosteroine?

Skywalker girls-too logical and work driven and a love of guys who will get you into trouble, and love of egotistical pilots. :p

Plus all the girls look the same, brown hair, eyes, and short. While the guys have a little more variety.

Skywalker guys-- darkside tendencies and whiney-ness.

On ward: What kind of scene have you always wanted to see with the twins? Issues you wanted covered, questions answered?

Call me weird but I've always kinda wondered before the twin bond went snappy, did the Solo twins also 'feel' when the other was getting umm. busy? Would they have to feel attracted in the back of their head to whoever the other was? That's a strong emotion too. That I think would be awkward/funny. It would definately be weird for your boyfriend/girlfriend too... Or is it only a 'feel only pain lifeline' kind of deal?

What other drawbacks would there be to having a twin force bond?
    It can't all be fuzzy feelings and safety. Feeling the others pain has got to suck at times. "Aw crap, Jacen's got the flu again.. all the fun of congestion without the hope that a doctor can help." Plus the headlong rush into twin saving has to be darn inconvient.

Thoughts anyone?

13. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    I think I've read a scene or two (fanfic) where Han and Leia get it on, and Luke goes bright red 'cause Leia hasn't learned to shield properly yet. That usually gives me a giggle.

By the same token, I remember a portion of a story somewheres where Luke and Mara were in a clich, Luke forgot to shield properly or lost control for a second, and Leia came running thinking something was wrong 'cause she got this funny/weird feeling emanating from him that she'd never sensed from him before.

In yet another story (wish I could remember the names of 'em right now), Leia is affected by Luke's desire for Mara by wanting to start something with Han. In other words, it increased her drive, but it didn't neccessarily make her attracted to Mara. It just made her want to lock herself and her husband in the bedroom for a while.

As for Jacen and Jaina, I don't think they've ever had that problem. They were raised together, knowing they were Jedi, and therefore have a lot more experience shielding from each other. When they were young, though, I can see them having a few "shared flu" problems or the like. But because of their twin bond, or because they caught it from each other, is hard to say.

That may be a way the "twin bond" is different from the "Joiner bond" that Jaina shares with Zekk. You don't have to deal with Jacen being attracted to any of Jaina's lovers, but you do have to deal with Zekk thinking of Jag as "our boyfriend" even though Jaina is the one he is attracted to for himself.

But I digress...

I think the pain thing has it's own nit-pickyness. I don't see Leia suffering from any of Luke's colds or sore muscles, but if it's a sharp, sudden pain, she'd probably feel it. Same with Luke. In other words, when Leia was giving birth to the twins, Luke was probably all too intimately aware of it.

14. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] Poor Luke! He may be one of the only men to actually go through the pain of childbirth! No wonder he seems so sensitive to the feelings of women. ^_^ It would make sense that they wouldn't feel everything-- that would drive anyone crazy. "Leia, can I scratch you? I have an itch, and I know it's not mine..." Or sharing headaches, bruises, nausea- that would be very bad. I think it would be bad enough that you feel someone else's extreme pain, and being uncertain if they died or simply went unconscious. (Balance Point as an example) Would they feel the pain just as intensely, or like a cut off limb- a phantom ache?

I had forgotten about shielding. Wonderful essential shielding. That is why everyone should have Jedi training. What's a clich? a problem? Are all of these fanfics?

Yes, I suppose Zekk is in the worse situation.

15. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Hi, I must have forgotten to mention this, but you can go ahead and archive this fic. :) I'm looking forward to reading all the other wonderful fics listed!

16. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    The Solos

[image=http://rabittooth.com/1024x768StarWarsWallpapers/1024JacenAndJainaSolo.jpg]

17. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Ok Inara. :D Added it will be. Thanks! Sorry I didn't check the replies on the story until today.

Alley-- Pretty! ::admires the lightsaber handles and the Solo twin looking duo.:: Who are they?

I wonder why Jaina is so much more fun to kill? Maybe because she's more likable, and Jacen needs a good strong kick where the sun don't shine? Maybe because we already got her grief for her brothers in NJO and Jacen didn't have to deal with the brunt of it. People always reminding you, and having to be a productive person and deal with it, and comfort the rest of the family. Jacen really does like to run away from his problems!

18. Vader_Princess

Vader_Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    Hi dudes! This thread is awsome i've already started reading some stories in the archive!:D

19. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    I'm still laughing from that. I can just picture a humor piece in which Leia and Luke are constantly asking each other such questions and Han has to endure the whole episode.

A clich is slang for a make-out situation. Yes, I was refering to fanfics throughout. I tend to like fanfiction better than the books most of the time. Though you have to sort though the bad stuff, you can find some real gems in which the fanfic authors totally peg the characters that interest you. Book writers don't get the chance to do that, 'cause they have to focus on all the other characters and the rest of the plot.

20. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    [face_laugh]

I have my own category! W00t!

Drawbacks of a Force-bond, huh? I agree, it would certainly motivate the twins to develop shields rather earlier than normal. I'm sure that Luke and Leia broke bones, and that had to be some motivation for the other twin to develop shields. And if they knew what each other was thinking, that is yet another mark of strangeness that would probably alienate them from other kids... not that Jaina and Jacen had a normal childhood.

And it cannot be pleasant for either twin when the Force-Bond is interrupted. Suddenly being alone in your head sounds semi-traumitizing to me. And if it was interrupted because one of the twins died...

Eek.

Yeah, being seperated in general can't be fun for them. *points at Traitor and Dark Journey*

Not fun.

21. Vader_Princess

Oct 29, 2005
    Downside of twinbond?

I have read a story or two where Luke or leia gets captured by imperials and tortured and the other felt it all,that can't be fun [face_not_talking]

22. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Angel_gidget: Maybe you should write that fic, and I'll give you you your very own section :Humor: [face_batting][face_mischief] I'd read it.
    I'm glad you liked. :D http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22739717&brd=10476&start=22914572 <-- Some Secrets are better kept. Luke and Leia twin dark humor.

It's true pro-fic writers get so caught up in page # and thier plot that they leave out the sweet moments. E.g. Luke's first reaction to meeting Jacen and Jaina. I really think he should have been there. Stories should be about the characters, or what's the point? Thank goodness for fanfiction! I'm so glad that there are many more gems on this boards than if you were to just google search for fanfics. :D

LadyLaurel18: Yep, your very own place. Can't let the Dark Luke and Leia contaminate the others.:p The Skywalker twins growing up together deserves it's own section.
    Nope those two books weren't fun, except for the angst. If only Jacen had thought Jaina was dead too, that would have been fun. Ahmmmm[face_thinking] Maybe thats why I like writing Jaina dies and Jacen has pain and guilt. He never should have cut the bond off. She would have jumped into Jacen-saving but I really think they'd both be less messed up in DN.

Vader_Princess: It wouldn't be fun.. but the angst would be. [face_blush]

23. Vader_Princess

Oct 29, 2005
    well me ,i prefer the L/L twin bond.It's realy fun to read about those two finding out about each other......Especily when Vader comes in! [face_blush] Sorry vader fangirls are aloud right?

24. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Of course he's allowed! Vader being their father adds in too much fun angst to be excluded! :D

25. Vader_Princess

Oct 29, 2005
    well i found this really great fic with good Luke/Leia/Vader interaction where Anakin survives ROTJ by Luke taking him to a special medical facility and getting him cloned and his memories transfered into the clone,the only problem is they have problems aging the clone past 25 so they aged it that far so Anakin is back to his Jedi Hottie self =P~ [face_love] ! any way Leia finds luke there and needless to say her and Anakin don't get off to a very great start. http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/21051860/p1

but the author has been some what lax on posts latly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.