main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Ottawa Chapter: Baby Steps

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lil_Miss_Amidala, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Suggestion: Maybe we're taking too big of steps. What if we just tried to have an event, not trying to make the chapter or anything, just get to know people.

(I suggest Universities too much, but..)
    If we did something like try plan a Star Wars weekend in September, we can run it in one of the lecture rooms in either UOttawa or Carleton (UOttawa!!) and have a marathon. OR, we can have the original trilogy in one school, the prequels in the other. Then admission would be just to cover the cost of room rentals. And then you can get people to sign a list, seeing how many would be interested in an Ottawa Star Wars fan club. Lots might not see this site.

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Amidala, that's not a bad idea at all!! I just wonder how many people would see this.

3. Pedrith

Pedrith Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    Well I work in a High School and would gladly promote it in the Library if I knew when and where. I know several staff that I could (maybe) convince to come out to the first event. I think we would be for for the original series than the Ep 1-3. I liked all of them but can't speak for the others.

Pedrith

4. macleod72

macleod72 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005

Could be starting a debate on also which ones are better The Original or the SE versions...

5. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    ESB...ESB....ESB....ESB....ESB!!!

6. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    And I'm sure we could put posters up at school, if someone would help put them up in the University Centre (hey, the Family Guy Club had to start like this too!)

7. terv

terv Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2005
    So what exactly are you guys planning to do at this meeting/gathering?
    I live in Ottawa, and am interested.

8. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Well Terv, I'm not exactly sure yet...possibly talk about Star Wars, meet each other and whatnot!

By the way...I am in the planning stages for myself and my friends to be at the Best Buy on Merivale Road on November 1st for the release of Episode 3 and Battlefront 2. We will be in our costumes, so come onand get a pic taken! Should be fun!

9. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I mentioned my idea of it being a trilogy marathon. If we can arrange it, hold two, one at each university, one of each trilogy. Charge $2 or something for room and equipment rentals, and advertise in the university. When you have them trapped, pimp off the idea of FanForce Ottawa and get emails to keep people in touch.

10. xXMaster-WinduXx

xXMaster-WinduXx Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Well, i was wondering if this trilogy marathon (if you can call it a marathon) has gotten any legs yet? or is this just miss amadala making suggestions?
    i would definately be in, i havent see the original series since Episode 2 was released...
    i know a bunch of people who would go, but i would hesitate to ask all of them... anyway, if you ppl get this going, you can expect about 10-15 ppl from Kanata

So... DO IT, DO IT NOW!!

11. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    I'm just making suggestions right now to whoever is interested. If it were to happen, I'd so be there. :)

12. macleod72

macleod72 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    A couple of suggested questions for the group?

- To get an idea on location:

Where would most ppl be coming from (area of the region)?
    Who would need to work around a bus schedule or such?

13. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    I suggest the universities. UOttawa is on the Transitway, and Carleton is on the OTrain and has a bus going right to it as well.

14. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    o_O

Anyways. Yeah, we could get a couple people from Kanata...and I wouldn't hesitate to ask :p

15. DarExc

DarExc Jedi Master star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    I'm in Manotick, I'll go to anything but the problem is I forget to check this forum more than a few times per year.

Jer

16. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    And there's the number one problem. If we want a FanForce club, it needs to get noticed outside of the forums. I know lots of people who are Star Wars fans, but don't know about this site. Hence the reason having a StarWars marathon and advertising it through fliers and stuff might help more. :)

17. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    The University of OTtawa is quite practical though, the 95 and the 85 and the 97 and the 96 and the 86 the 5 most busiest busses run through it! you can get from anywhere to ottawa u in less than 20 min! but yea, i was thinking a trilogy run or something would be aweseome, and we could do one right when ep3 comes out nov1st, the only thing that sucks is that it might be right smack dab in the middle of midterms!

18. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    If it's smack in the middle of midterms, sell it as a vacation from studying. Say the times of each movie and people can choose to come to one or all. They have late night programming during midterms all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.