main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Our New Hope (Skywalker/Solo)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Allana_Rey, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    NOTE: This is a short, but sweet story. Hope you guys enjoy it!

OUR NEW HOPE

The two were filled with happiness. After a good nine months of waiting he was finally here, the Solo baby. Han and Leia’s offspring was a pretty big deal for people in the galaxy due to their famousness. Being the child of two rebellion fighters definitely meant something serious.

Leia laid in her hospital bed, tired but eagerly waiting for the doctor to let her see her newborn. Next to her was Han and Luke was on the other side. Although the doctor had said prior to Leia giving birth that Han could only be present in the room Leia had said she would like for her brother to be in the room also. Over the year the twins had grown much more closer and Luke was ecstatic to become an uncle. Leia knew her brother would be a good uncle and role model to her baby and would eventually teach them the ways of the force, something Leia wasn’t capable of doing despite her force sensitivity and heritage.

The baby kept on crying. “Is everything OK?” She asked in a worried tone of voice.

“Don’t worry everything is fine.” Han reassured her, holding her hand tightly. She kissed it softly and looked up at him. “Thank you.” She mouthed.

A confused countenance came across his face.

“For making me a mother.” She said laughing.

Han smiled. “Well you’re welcome.” He said.

The doctor turned around with the newborn baby in her arms. She walked over and handed the baby to Leia.

“Oh he’s beautiful.” Leia said on the verge of tears.

“He’s gonna be handsome like his father.” Han said laughing.

Leia looked at her newborn son. The baby looked back at her. He did look an awful lot like Han.

“We still haven’t named him.” Luke said.

“I thought we agreed on Han Solo Jr.

“Shouldn’t we give him his own name? Something original?”

“Well look at him Luke, he’s the spitting image of me.”

“We can’t just name him after you based on that though.”

“Ben.”

Luke and Han both looked at Leia.

“Ben?” Han asked in confusion.

“After Ben Kenobi?” Luke asked.

Leia nodded. “I know none of us exactly knew Ben Kenobi but he was
    the reason for so many things. Our father becoming a Jedi, you becoming a Jedi and he brought the three of us together. I want to name him Ben.”

Luke smiled. “I like that.”

“And I know one day Ben will grow up to be a great Jedi like Kenobi.”

“That he will be. The force is strong with him.” Luke said.

Leia looked down and kissed her newborn son on the forehead.

“Ben.” Han said

“Our new hope.”

The family couldn’t be any happier.

GregMcP and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    They all start sweet and innocent into the world. Sniff!

As a teacher, and I taught in kindergarten, elementary and secondary-school level in so far, I know what can go wrong.

And it is always a question between nature and nurture. Plus personal choices...

Allana_Rey likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Hey, you forgot to tag your story. Just thought I'd mention that first. I assume the tag is Saga-ST?

This is pretty sad. Leia is feeling accomplished for becoming a mother, Luke is observing the newborn, Han is being, well, Han - enjoyed his nonsensical comments, very much - and nobody has an idea of how this is going to go wrong. :(

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super moment to share among ones so close. There is a sense of serenity and hope, as you would wish and expect to find at such a unforgettable moment. =D=

Allana_Rey likes this.
  5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Such a sweet beginning for baby Ben, surrounded by his loving family. :)

Allana_Rey likes this.
  6. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    A little late on catching up on past reading, but loved this story.
    Lynda V.