main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Out of all the PT Jedi we know from the EU, who'd be the best to train Anakin? (excluding Qui-gon)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Out of all the Jedi we know from the PT, who'd be the best to train Anakin? (excluding Qui-gon)

Let's say Qui-gon still died, TPM still happened as did except at the very end, when Obi-wan learns the Jedi Council would go ahead with approving Anakin's training, Obi-wan realizes he doesn't need to be the master and wouldn't be the best for it, and decides to leave the training to someone else.

Who would be the best living Jedi to train Anakin? Since he couldn't have Qui-gon, and his experience, empathy, and rogue-ish nature probably would have fit best with Anakin, I think the question becomes which of the living Jedi Masters was most like Qui-gon around the time of TPM.

We've gotten to know a lot about the PT Jedi, in both Legends and the New Canon. Which Jedi would have been the best for training Anakin?

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I don't think any of them really? I think Qui-Gon was the only one

3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I haven't read most of the material out there, but my general feeling is that Obi-Wan was the best teacher Anakin could've gotten. I think I'd even go so far as to say he was better than Qui-Gon.

4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Quinlan Vos, obviously. Or Rael Aveross. Someone who's willing to bend the rules.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Ghost, Vialco and TrandoJedi like this.
  5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Djinn Altis... lets not forget him!

But if you mean movie Jedi only, well, imagine Mace Windu taking him on. They'd kick off the training on not too good grounds but would grow together from the challenge over time. And Windu was flirting with closer to dark side teachings in Vaapad but kept his balance. So he might be a good fit for a balanced Chosen One. Wary yet a good teacher not only a good brother like Kenobi tried to be.

Otherwise, Ki Adi Mundi... he understands love and having wives... and his dual brain can tackle light/dark stuff nicely like no other as per VisDic.

I have spoken!

mtt02263 likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Vergere's Master, whose name escapes me.

Thracia?

Ghost likes this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Thracia Cho Leem

Ghost and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Anyone but Obi Wan would lead to Anakin not meeting Padme again if things go larely similar, she might still only accept Obi Wan as a Jedi protector who would have a different padawan or none at all. If Anakin never meets Padme and possibly never gets the chance to just leave his masters side to look after his mother, thus never slaughters the Tusken raiders he might turn out very differently.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Too many C's for me to remember.

10. mtt02263

mtt02263 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 29, 2020
    I actually think Mace would be a good choice. More disciplinarian than Obi-Wan and I think he would empathize with Anakin more one on one and actually be able to identify and work on his issues. Mace himself was a young prodigy and would have the experience and wisdom, along with the reputation and poise to humble Anakin. I think they would actually be a great pair.

11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I'm pretty sure Palpatine suggesting Obi-Wan to Padme as her protector was specifically because he was Anakin's master. He knew Anakin was in love with Padme and at the right age for it to really be a problem. Palpatine would have found some other way of manipulating Anakin, probably including reintroducing him to Padme, even if the circumstances were different.

Mace would have been the worst possible choice for Anakin's master. He's too strict and intense. All the problems Anakin had with Obi-Wan would've been so much worse. And Mace always knows the exact right thing to say to make someone feel small and insignificant (like every time he talks to Anakin in the films, or calling Ahsoka a "citizen")

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  12. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    A'Sharad Hett actually could have been an interesting teacher, given their brief conversation in the clone wars and Hett's later destiny. I definitely think they'd have bonded over a Tatooine background, and being older when they entered the Order.

The biggest advantage Mace would have over Obi Wan is Mace wouldn't nag Anakin, he'd be stern but he wouldn't constantly remind him how he falls short, or why he's done something wrong. Something Obi Wan did for years, which Anakin resented a lot. If he had a point to make, he'd have laid it out at once. I think Anakin would respect a firm teacher who says, "this is where you need to improve, do so", however Obi Wan's passive aggressive "if you worked on your lightsaber training more you'd be a great swordsman".

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020