main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Get better soon. [:D]

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    A note that I meant to make much earlier this season: it looks like we may have a lot of crossover efforts this season that invite collaboration. If there's a post where two parties put in substantial work together, I will allow both of them to get the bonus roll, even if one of them doesn't do a separate post. I'd appreciate a reminder PM from both involved authors to help me out since my usual strategy has been to just look at the usernames since the last scores were released.

Thus far we've had a great post volume this season and it hasn't come into play, but I wanted to let anyone know in the future who was kicking around a collaboration but wasn't sure if they had time to collaborate and do another post that they need not worry. If anything we should prioritize more collaboration! :D

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    And more trades, just 'cuz. :D

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Great post @Trieste and @Bardan_Jusik

So now that my leg isn't swollen anymore you can see what I'm living through over here. I have to wear this brace 24/7 for 3 more weeks (1 week down!) Kinda looks like a Limmie injury. In reality I tore it with a combination of too much running and a yoga class. Meaning I doubt the yoga did it on it's own, but I felt the thing pop on me doing yoga(in a supervised class). I think it was about to break anyway. Hopefully the doctor is right and I can return to normal full activity in about 4-6 months.

[​IMG]

Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This is why I don't let my player characters be injured. It doesn't look fun! :p

In all seriousness, I wish you a speedy recovery! If people ask you how you did it, you should absolutely say, "I was playing the Mets when it happened." "The New York Mets did this to you?" "No, the Stewjon Mets. Who are the New York Mets?"

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    @Jedi Gunny So whose shoe was Sofis wearing when that went down? How did I not think of adapting that moment for limmie when I saw it?!

@jcgoble3 I can't imagine what @AngeryEuceronFan14 would say if they were a Miners fan right now. :p Probably:

Everybody: it's probably going to be Monday Night Mesh'geroya this week. Best case scenario is late, late Sunday scores...and at that point I think most of us just have more fun in-game with MNM. :D

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_dancing]

Trieste likes this.
  9. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Great posting everyone. Let's do more collaborations its pretty fun ;) Good joint post between @Trieste and @Bardan_Jusik!

Trieste, Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I realized last night that I don't know if I'm rooting for Iris or Zara more @galactic-vagabond422. Time will tell!

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I write this with zero sarcasm: this is the most fun Miners season I've had in quite some time. :D

12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I am so sorry, @Vehn. :p

Also, I think this is three weeks in a row that we've had bonus rolls for everyone, and I can't remember the last time that happened. Probably because I was so, so lazy about posting for such a long time, partially due to stagnation and running out of ideas for Tendra. I had her as a PC for about 12-14 seasons, which was way too long. This character is fresh, fun, and easy to write for, which is helping me get posts together. I'm happy to be able to contribute regularly again. :)

Jedi Gunny, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It's been a lot of seasons. I love not only that we're getting so many posts, but that we're getting such great stories!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I think I had a bit of stagnation with some of my characters as well. And then I pulled a Tony Romo I mean Morgan Renhorn and my creative light came back on ;)

@jcgoble3 , good Maker! How did you score that many points?! Maybe I'm out of the loop but I didn't realize you could go above 40......

wow.

When the Smugglers flop this year they flop in epic fashion.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Runjedirun, SWNerd11 and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I'm with @Vehn on this one... how did he get more than 40?

Sent from my comlink using Tapatalk

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I think when someone rolls a 40 @Trieste rolls again for them to see if they score another point beyond that , and if they do he rolls again to see if they score beyond that and then again until they don't score anymore. Think he does it too when someone scores just one, he does a die roll to see if it was really a shutout or not.

Of course I could be just making that all up. :p

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    LFL scores coming. It was kinda late for me last night. There is a chance I won't get to them today either. Just due to me being very slow getting around, having responsibilities with work and family. Tomorrow evening EST at the latest. Thanks for your understanding.

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You only made two-thirds of it up. :D

A number of years ago I instituted a new system (that I sometimes had trouble remembering to do given the infrequency of teams getting a 40) where if someone got a 40, they had an opportunity to keep going. I then did a separate number generation of a number beyond 0 and 1. If it's a 1, then they now have 41 points. They get another 0 and 1 generation. As long as a team gets a 1, that gets added to their score and I keep going. Once someone hits a 0, I stop. In the (thus far never happened) event two teams both rolled 40s, they would get the standard 0 to 7 OT number generation rather than the 0 to 1 max out numbers.

This does not apply to teams that have a 0 to 30 score potential, so no NPC team will ever, under current rules, score more than a 30, nor will a non-posting player team. This is an extra incentive for teams to post. ;)

The reason Bardan was 2/3 correct is that the extra roll to see if a team was shutout is an old method. When I used the Wizards dice roller it was impossible to generate a number below 1. When we moved to Random.org (courtesy of @jcgoble3), they supported number generation along any spectrum of numbers, including negative numbers and zero. Therefore, all rolls incorporate 0 as a potential outcome and no second roll is needed.

It's very possible the Rules post doesn't include the information about the max out roll. Given at the start of this season it still assumed an 11 week season for things like the trade deadline and the minimum salary figures, it doesn't. However, I'll check to make sure this is in there now. :D

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I forgot how many changes have been made to this game since it started. The landscape has certainly changed over all those years.

jcgoble3, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    So I was 66.6% correct? Yeah that makes sense.

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    After last week's rant on why Leota Avoy needs to be fired, I bet you all are wondering how @EuceronAngryFan14 is going to react to this blowout.

That's cool, because I'm wondering the same thing. :p I did not plan for a slaughter of this magnitude. (Which shouldn't be taken to imply I had a plan at all, because I don't. But this came from so far out in left field that I honestly don't know how to react to it IC.)

Trieste likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Clearly the only reason the Storm..I mean Officers played that well is because they were playing a terrible Strugglers team, luck, and they were ignoring Avoy the entire time. Totally lost the team, but now it's working in their favor. :p

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    My planning for limmie-related things is slap-shod at best. I mean, I could have never planned for the glorious dumpster fire that is the Miners through week 3, so I'm making up my headlines as I go along. [face_rofl]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I figured that Leia Adama was going to be a bench-rat all season. Now she is lighting up the scoreboard and forcing my hand. This game does weird things to stories.

Trieste likes this.
  25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Trieste and Runjedirun like this.