main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
  2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    That works for me, especially since I'm the one who has to start the madness. :p

Trieste likes this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I may or may not get free agents off my roster before Thursday. You all are lucky I have scheduled vacation days Thursday and Friday. My schedule with kids and work at home is crazy! I have to give up my personal lap top to my "distance learner" several hours per day. So if you don't mind getting free agents late, like after the start of the draft. You can start Wednesday, Wednesday for me is nuts. I got lots of meetings at work and the Survivor finally is on that night. I should be able to catch up sometime on Thursday.

Trieste likes this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    @Runjedirun I'm OK with free agents coming after the start of the draft. Any delay is OK in my book. :) Champion's privilege after all! :D

Runjedirun likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Wednesday works for me. Only four of us in the draft, with three rounds... **counts on his fingers, then takes off his shoes** That's 12 draftees picked out of 13 potential draftees (assuming no one goes off board). That should be...interesting.

Trieste likes this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    AMEN.

Do you know who the heroes are right now? The people who (figuratively) put the cheese on the nachos: grocery workers, food delivery people, and everyone else who's doing vital and needed work. If I hadn't been eagerly awaiting bringing Alana back for this season, I now think that someone delivering food to fans at home on gameday would have been a great character to play.

Miners pick coming later today!

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Jedi Gunny like this.
  7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Looking back through the first post on this thread and I put up my CS for the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers on May 31st, 2010. Wow. What a journey. Incredible. 262-298 that's 36 seasons of ELL glory. Fun stuff everyone thanks for the great posts and memories. I'll try and get back into the groove here and keep things interesting....;)

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, I recall getting my original CS in about that same time. Been a long time.

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I feel so old now.

[​IMG]

:D

Vehn likes this.
  10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Two thoughts:

1. I still remember the way I did early LFL schedules, which initially were identical to current ELL schedules: 6-team, 10-week double round robin. I literally wrote all of the matchups on index cards, shuffled the cards, and began dealing cards into a grid, making adjustments as needed until I had a usable schedule.

2. I see you saying that @Vehn is going to finish in last place with a 1-9 record.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Trieste and Vehn like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I can live with that. shabla Strugglers. :p

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's interesting!

...and it also sounds like a lot of work. [face_laugh] There must have been a lot of adjusting to get everything right!
    Well played, sir, using a screenshot so I couldn't plead "what (1-9) record?" later. ;)

It looks like this season could really be jumping if OOB is any indication![face_dancing]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm just here for the food. ;)

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Speaking of next season, anyone not good with this coming Sunday, May 24? (Yes, I realize that no such thing as Sunday and no such date as May 24 exists on most of your planets, but since all our planets have slightly different orbits, it's easier than asking if you're all up for starting the season on Kerryday, Alana 18.)

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I don't know what you're talking about (because I'm basically the planet that is the equivalent of Greenwich Mean Time). [face_whistling]

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Not really, I just imagined a 3x10 matrix/grid in front of me, with each week a column, and dealt each card into the first week it could go (i.e. that didn't already have a game with either team). Some moving around near the end was necessary as occasionally a game couldn't fit into any week without moving others around, but those adjustments were usually pretty simple; the last couple of games were usually the most difficult but didn't take too long. It was also relatively easy to prevent long road trips and two teams from playing each other in consecutive weeks.

As a bonus, I only had to create the cards once and could reuse the cards for the next season.

Trieste likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Now that you describe it like that, it seems like a reasonable amount of work! I'll see about remembering it for 299!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    This Sunday works for me.

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Something major just happened in the game everybody.
    No, it's not that someone got Alana's last name right.

Somebody just acknowledged actually hearing Liz.

[​IMG]

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    "Hey, I'll talk to anybody, whether they like it or not."

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Apologies for the long post this week, but had to deal with the double college scores for the Bak10 (by gracious arrangement of @Bardan_Jusik who made some slight rearrangements to get a full nine game conference schedule in for the league this year). There was lots to talk about!

Also, I have been keeping that song in my back pocket for a loooooooong time for the day when I finally had a reason to talk about how bad UBCS Blue Bird limmie is. :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Now watch them win the galactic championship now that you've said that. :p

Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.