main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Why do I think @Bardan_Jusik's unusually early post might be powered by a certain result from last night? :D

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I just hope the Mercs don't follow the Steelers path this season; start out undefeated, then lay eggs through the end of the season and go out like punks in the playoffs.

Man it feels good to say that last part about the Squealers though, the amount of arrogant osik posting from them on other forums I am on was....difficult to bear. I have no illusions on how the team will fair against the defending champions next Sunday.

Jedi Gunny, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hey, you never know what the random number generator is going to spit out. :D

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Lots of rookie mistakes going on in Nar Shaddaa as well as the guy who runs the team not posting LOL! Good win for the Browns!!! @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Today my mom sends me a text saying that she heard a piece on NPR about "sea shanties, which have apparently been quite popular. I think you'd like them."

I told her I was pretty familiar with them, though I thought it was simpler to not explain how and why. [face_laugh]

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    [/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean a thing. :D

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Words that are sure to come back and haunt me eventually. :p

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I've been meaning to call this out since I read it. I completely forgot that Zara had a crush on Pej back in the day!

The plot thickens...

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm overdue in mentioning this, but I wanted to take a moment to compliment @Runjedirun on the Ralltiir that we have in the game. One of the most powerful things in fiction is the ability to imagine something different than the way that we live today. It gives us the opportunity to ask "what if..." and to represent another reality. I've always thought it's great that Ralltiir is a majority Black planet. We only rarely see this in media--and RJR was doing it before Black Panther made it cool. It's empowering to represent historically marginalized groups as mainstream like that. I'm glad that this Ralltiir is part of the ELL game. =D=

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Okay, that just made me laugh out loud in the middle of my university library. Fortunately, I'm the only person on my floor at the moment.

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  11. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Here's an interesting debate that came into my head now that the NBA season is finally in full swing (at least as far as "full swing" can go during Covid). Forever I planned to make Jarrett Allen the face of Ezra Allin:
    [​IMG]

I was never and will never be a Nets fan. I'm a Knicks fan and I don't like that the NJ team moved in and snatched up Knicks fans. He got traded to the Cavs now and so I guess that's mute now, but I still think of him as a net. And all that's irrelevant. I have always admired Jarrett for wearing his hair natural. It's refreshing for some reason.

However the debate started when Austin Rivers became a Knick. Austin is a natural choice for Ezra because he is very mixed and his dad is a coach in RL. His look is not as cool but he has had some really great moments for the Knicks.
    [​IMG]

Anyway I know my posts have been super lacking for a year now. This Covid thing has been hard for me. My family being home 24/7 is a lot of work. Guess who still does the housework in 2020 [face_plain] And I just haven't felt creative because lots of things happened and I don't have my normal escapes like concerts and road trips. I'm a person that lives for being in a crowd. Most people yap about long lines and traffic. Those are my faves, so I have handled this really well, but it's affected my writing a lot. Just a little Saturday morning ramble. Hope everyone's year is treating them as well as it can be so far!

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Even though I love words, I'm a visually-oriented person. If it were me, I'd prioritize the person I think looks most like the character over the one on the team I like. That said, I'm frequently trawling the Cal Bears and San Jose Sharks for inspiration. ;)

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    College playoffs:
    I'll bet ICB and KMI are looking at those seedings and saying "Oh kriff, not them again!"

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    @jcgoble3 @Bardan_Jusik Thank you for pointing out that fact, because that is absolutely hilarious.

It almost makes me wish for double round robin in college so they could play each other four times in a row. [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    No sooner does it happen in college than it ends up happening in the ELL! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    When I saw that, I thought, "This is fantastic."

Fun fact: it can happen a third time if Ralltiir and Coruscant are the Solo Conference playoff teams--which they would be if the season ended today.

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh that is just too uncanny.

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Non-limmie question: has anyone read the nu-canon Star Wars books? I picked up Light of the Jedi and am about a third of the way in. I noticed they had a timeline of books and films (oh I remember the old timelines of books that took two pages!) and I clearly haven't been keeping up. Any worth reading? I did the first two Thrawn books and found them entertaining, but am unsure whether to pursue others (including the other Thrawn novels). Alphabet Squadron seemed like it might be worthwhile.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I've read one and a half of the new books and couldn't really get into them. Only reason I got as far as I did at the time was that I was on jury duty. :p

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Now THAT says a lot right there. [face_laugh]

(Also, for the record, I love jury duty. I once raised my hand when the judge asked, "Was anyone excited to get their summons?" I'm pretty sure I don't get put on juries because of this.)

On a different note, @The Jedi in the Pumas that playoff berth celebration post was everything I hoped it would be and more. Prime Time baby! :D

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It was an interesting experience, one I am glad I had. Of course it was a two week long murder trial which made it more interesting perhaps, but also a tad tedious during the downtimes.

Trieste likes this.
  22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I once was summoned to jury duty in the wrong county. Especially since it was a county I never lived in. That was nice. I didn't have to go so that's a plus.

My storyline got a bit derailed this year with other commitments at home and on these forums. Seems to happen more frequently than I remember. Probably because I'm a participant in three RPGs, running my own RPG, and have a fanfic. Oh and have a family and work and chores all that fun stuff :cool:

The rest of you should be thankful I'm not more active with Nar Shaddaa or I'd be probably getting my 20th title by now...:p

*Retreats quietly back to Nar Shaddaa*

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Following up on my earlier topic, I finished Light of the Jedi...and realized the characters are boring. They're too good. There's no angst (not really, the challenges characters face just don't feel meaningful). That's kind of the point since this is the height of the Old Republic, when things were working well and the galaxy was at relative peace. I don't think that's an excuse though. You can be at peace and still tell meaningful stories.

tl;dr In case anyone else was curious, I think I'll leave my nu-canon reading there and move on to other things--like writing good stories here. ;)

Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  24. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Yay! @Trieste that just means we get to read quality writing from you.

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    @Bardan_Jusik only gets half credit for catching the standings error. Since the conference record was right, this means that the error had to have been made, at the latest, in Week 3, which means it's been in the standings for a month and a half. :oops:

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.