main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I can throw together the Skimmer Ade League schedule Saturday. An NBA team I have been closely following is doing unexpectedly well in the play offs and my son and I go to the pool every day after work which doesn't give me much down time.

@The Jedi in the Pumas please let me know by Saturday morning if you want to join us! PM me if you have questions :)

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Is Horst going to be stuck in the closet all season? Does the poor guy have access to Doordash so he doesn't starve?

Trieste likes this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Well he certainly can't get himself out of the broom closet or he would have by now...

...I assume. This is Horst, so maybe he's trying to pull when he should push.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That does sound like him! I'd almost be willing to bet money on it.

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Over on Carratos, Quinn Cundertol is laughing uproariously right now and saying, "This is exactly why I never wanted a development affiliate."

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Concordia also qualified for 33 and got 0. That random generator has a sense of humor.

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Well after that update I think the BBC should do commentary on every week's college ranking! Many thanks @Trieste for taking care of that for me while I was gone.

Oh I am back now, just trying to catch up with...life really and everything we missed while we were away.

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I had big shoes to fill, so I had to swing for the fences. ;)

Stats and standings are updated now!

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Just a heads-up on this for everyone: I never got further instructions from Runner, particularly surrounding bonus rolls (which I don't quite know how she does them now), so I haven't been able to do scores. So there will unfortunately be some catching up to do when she returns.

Trieste likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I wondered about this last weekend. I think we'll just get rewarded with a SkimmerAde League extravaganza upon her return. :D

I wish I had a good gif for limmie party, but I don't. If I did, I'd probably use it daily. [face_laugh]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Well sorry. I wish you had pm'd me. I would have sent it to you. I knew this would pretty much ruin everything. It's easy. 25 for no post, 28 for a post with no mention of the Skimmer Ade League and 33 for a post with a Skimmer Ade mention. Please call me out earlier next time.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Great, thanks! And yeah, I probably should have PMed earlier, but honestly it slipped my mind until earlier this week when you mentioned the vacation in the pandemic thread in the Senate.

I'm in bed for tonight, but I'll do scores for last weekend tomorrow and regular scores Sunday, and unless you have a better idea, I'll go back to the previous scores for bonus rolls on both sets so no one's left hanging on Sunday's scores (so basically bonus rolls tomorrow will carry through to Sunday, plus I'll pick up any posts in between as well).

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    That's good, I'll update the library thread eventually. Basically my vacation is over even though I don't fly home until tomorrow. I'm at the "stress out about all the things I have to do when I get back" stage.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh, I hate that stage. :p

Scores are done for today.

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Nothing's ruined! All is well!

...wait. Cloud City won.

The end times are upon us! Flee for your lives! [face_rofl]

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I've been so busy and tired this week, but I did see this story:

Billionaires Enjoy Tax Breaks From Owning Sports Teams: ProPublica - Bloomberg

Luckily it was also covered on the ESPN daily podcast that I often listen to while I work. Basically there's some clause where if you buy a business, such as a factory and all the machinery is going to go down in price as it ages you get a tax break. Well this should not apply to sports because new player contracts don't generally go down in value, somehow it works the same. Even if your sports team makes money there are ways to report losses. So generally athletes and even concession workers pay a higher percentage in taxes than owners. This can last up to 15 years, then sometimes the owner will pass the team on to their kids to continue the tax break because a change of hands gives you another 15 years. I don't know if I'd want Ralltiir to have a loophole like this, but if they did, I know the Vigo's would take full advantage.

Trieste likes this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's as bad as the carried interest deduction that hedge fund managers take. This one was completely new to me!

I'd say the Triestes are definitely taking it, but I'd also say that Bakura has significantly lower loopholes in their tax code. I've always imagined them to be a high-tax environment, more akin to Scandinavian countries than the US.

And speaking of Scandinavia and money...

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Skimmer Ade League is all caught up, including the library thread.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The Sky Captains are listed as having two wins. That can't be right.*

*I know it really is right, but I have too much fun watching them lose.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The Sky Captains are currently in a playoff spot? Absolutely shocking.

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I am embarrassed to say I never made the connection until this very moment. I am disappointed I can't find a good Harley Quinn gif that fits this. [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I knew this was going to happen. No, not the Miners getting a 40. I mean the thing I was afraid of:

I see too much of myself in one of Louise's dates. Things just got real. [face_rofl]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    A lot happened on that date. Louise was expected to eat on a dirty table and eat out of a peanut butter jar other people had stuck their utensils in! After that James was brought into a house where even the pickles were expensive. I had a lot of fun writing it. I hope you were able to see just a little bit of the imagery I had in my head.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    There's definitely a disconnect between their upbringings. Louise is used to the ways of rich people and James clearly seems to come from poverty or close to it. Both of their lifestyles are completely foreign to each other.

Also, I laughed at the "pop" reference. I've called it pop my whole life and "soda" to me is strictly carbonated water. So I'm with James on that.

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I definitely don't ask the people I date when I'm going to meet their families. That's usually opening a can of worms that nobody's ready for! [face_laugh]

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.