main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Out of the closet, and on the boards - 'Gay' characters in a GFFA See first post 30 May. 15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Short version... stomachache cramps lead to ER x3 lead to admission Tuesday night... and more meds asI try too type![face_hypnotized]

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

As the Endor party's best and coolest drummer (yeah, I don't need meds to be "out there", be very afraid), I just managed to chip in, after all. Feel better soon! [:D]

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    After they took one more round of blood (I asked if they were filling their punch bowl) I am HOME at last... 8 Days in hospital, with a dying woman as a roomate, in pain but damnit, I'm HOME

5. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Is it okay to submit a very belated response to the original challenge? Because I wrote one anyway: Cosmic Rose.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Never too late!

7. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Well, my transgender Hutt hairdresser made his first appearance in the GFFA. "The Hairdo" is a total crack!fic, but he'll be back for more serious stuff soon.

Kahara, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Now I kinda have to ask how an intersex organism/true hemaphrodite can be transgender, because I'm morbidly, morbidly curious. :) I assume he was designated female at birth (eeek, the idea of slimey slugs giving birth :p), but if there is more to it, I'm listening.

Holy bantha poodoo, I just legitimately asked what makes Hutts trans.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Well, this is what the Wook says about Hutt reproduction and gender...
    ... so I guess that Eliskandro started out as a self-designated female and decided to become male at some point :confused: (And yeah, it was a weird question :p )

Kahara, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Chyntuck I seem to remember making mention of that earlier in the thread, Hutts changing genders... ;)

11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Some of you might want to check out this thread in Comms. A proposal has been made to try to petition the site owner to have the no-slash rule lifted.

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    In addition to that, the Moderators and Admin have been discussing going to the owner of the site about this rule for a few weeks now. Darth Real Life has impeded progress a bit, but hopefully we can get the rule altered in some way. However, definitely voice your opinions in that comm thread.

TrakNar and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

*grumbles* Yeah, I put in MY two credits...[face_devil]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Added my two drachmas as well.

Chyntuck likes this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think if anybody puts up a survey or petition about the subject (I don't know if they did or not) it should be made clear we are not talking about the type of slash seen over at the Adult Fan Fiction site. There slash usually means canon male characters sexually abusing other canon male characters. I know when I hear the term slash that is my knee jerk reaction. It must be made clear that we are talking about a homosexual TOS appropriate romance...meaning no more touching and kissing than a heterosexual couple is allowed in the fanfics.

16. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    And the drachma becomes an international currency! WOOHOO!

Other than that, added my two drachmas too, plus some small change.

Ewok Poet and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    OK - Having read Dingo's post in the Com's thread. I realize that some things have changed (for the worse) since I was active in fan fic - Funny thing is, the FAQ is unchanged, but perhaps the 'tone' has? I don't honestly know.

FWIW, almost every piece I've written in BTS seems like it would be a 'no-go' with the current state of things - actually, almost EVERYTHING I've written since 2002.

Blows. Me. Away.

I have things to take care of this morning, but I sincerely hope that things are now moving back in the right direction again...

In the meantime, a couple points to get us BACK ON TRACK.

First, I have an idea for a challenge - I'll try to flesh it out while I'm out and about for later.

Secondly, As I am unable to keep up with the current 'state of affairs' I'm looking for some HELP to keep things going. Mesage me if you're interested.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Messaged you. :)

DarthBreezy likes this.
  19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'd add more to the discussion in Comms, but I'd just be repeating the same point over and over, so meh.

And I should write more of Prof. Hypno's story. But, methinks I'll wait for a challenge, first. He's getting plenty of cuddle time in RPs anyway.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  20. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Added my two cents and will likely make my return dependent on the outcome of this. I was not even aware of the rule. :oops:

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Update - I was unexpectedly sidetracked with a trip to the ER - dealing with a bureaucracy gave me chest pains, and with my recent history, I had to go in. I'll try it tomorrow - have patience!

22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Dang, Breezy, I hope you feel better, and that this isn't anything serious!

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    They wanted to keep me overnight, but I escaped with the promise I would come back if I had more of them, and follow up with my cardiologist tomorrow. *sigh* Such is my 'new' life'.

24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    You and I are so different. I'd be freaking and demanding that I get admitted into the hospital and given demerol. I hope it is a false alarm.

25. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh hell, I spent 10 days as their guest last month - Morphine and the like were my constant companions. At one time my IV tree had 5 different drips, and I swear, I had bruises on my arms that lasted a month. Heck, today I was STILL pulling off the stickes on the way home ( ihad at least 10) and a fresh new IV 'scar' to boot. So tonight and perhaps for the next day or so people will forgive me if I'm a little sharp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.