main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

--<-@ Over 30 SW Writers Club! @->--

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Yeah I think the going rate is about $1... that's what my son gets when he loses a tooth.

Cheers,
    Wyo

2. wawoot

wawoot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2006
    These are fun questions, I've enjoyed reading everyone's answers! :)

How has age affected your writing? In general? Style? Content? I've found I'm less into angst than when I was in my 20's (my own life was very angsty at that time)... I still love it, but I want happy endings... Also - this might have to do more with site rules than age, but I've found that writing fanfic for a younger audience has forced me to quit using so many bad words all the time like I used to...

At what age did you become serious about writing? - Still waiting for that to happen!

What influenced you to write? Seeing Episode III - the tragedy of it broke my heart, and I had to start writing my own stories to make it all end happily! I tend to write mostly humor - as an antidote I suppose - but it's definitely the grief and tragedy of ROTS that inspires me...

3. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Tell us about this mouse. I'm curious to know.[face_batting]

And welcome wawoot :) Glad you could join us in the craziness 8-}

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Ratón Perez, a mouse called Perez, comes and collects the fallen teeth that kids put under their pillows and leaves some money behind... Frankly, I don't have the slightest idea why a mouse... :) [face_beatup]

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Last time DS lost a tooth he found a dollar under his pillow. Once he figured out the whole 'Santa Claus/Tooth fairy' is a game, he declared to all that "HE NO LONGER BELIEVED IN SUCH CHILDISH GAMES!"

That's when the money stopped. Now THAT he didn't think was fair. He even tried the "Don't you remember Mom? You said even though there's no tooth fairy you'd still give me money for my teeth?"

Little beggar had me going for about two minutes, too. :mad:

Weird note: I've kept all his teeth in a little jewelry box. When DH saw them he asked what I planned on doing with them.

DH: What are you going to do with all his teeth?

Me: I have no idea, but I've kept them this long--might as well keep them.

DH: You ought to make a brooch out of them and give them to his bride on their wedding day.

Me: Who are you and what have you done with my husband?

6. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    My Dad still keeps my umbilical cord!:eek: Maybe that's why I've never been able to completely severe it...:p Anyway, I've always found that fact slightly revolting, so maybe that's why I don't keep my kid's teeth.

7. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Just found this haven't read all of it so excuse me it I miss the point.

1) Age- you can post range if you prefer wink

2) How long have you been writing on these boards and post links to your stories.

1 year - links are in my profile

3) Favorite genre, saga of SW to write

Before until recently then saga, I read a little beyond

4) Favorite characters and why.

Yoda- he's mysterious and fun to write and you can make up the story without fitting into confined timetables. You can make up lots of ocs.

I love all the old favorites H/L, L/M,Obi-Wan even Jar Jar,Anakin Solo will never die in my stories.

5) Why has SW always been so special to you?

My husband read the book and told me about this new movie coming out soon. I was hooked from the begining scenes, the look and feel was so different from the then norm.

Finally...

6) Fav tips or advice for writing.

Put the words on the paper(monitor)you can fluff later.

8. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    That's too funny [face_laugh]

Now that I've never heard of...intriguing. o_O

I love Perez, the mouse.

Welcome to the club, Lea_El. You did fine. :)

9. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my parents waited for me 6 years, they thought my Mom couldn't have children... But it's definitely weird. :rolleyes:

:)

10. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    My own first loose tooth netted me not only quarters but also Chinese money. It was pretty special ;)

My son has lost 2 teeth. He's gotten a buck each. Not that he really has any concept of spending money.

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    My husband kept our kids teeth as well. I don't know why.

12. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    I started out keeping DS's first tooth and putting it in our family scrapbook. Then when the next one came out, I kept it because it wouldn't be in the scrapbook. From then on it just sort of snowballed.

I have heard that keeping a baby's embilical can be used in the future if there are health problems. Can't back that up, though, so it might be one of those things I heard at a baby shower in between playing the "name this baby food" game and the "change the diaper relay."

I always go for the cake myself. ;)

13. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    This entry at Wikipedia lists 75 diseases that can be treated with umbilical cord blood. I guess that's what you're referring to. If not, disregard. I'm simply good at finding useless information. [face_dancing]

14. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    I'm also good at that. When I do that though, my husband calls it 'fluffy info'. He likes 'just the facts'. :D

15. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Just got back from the medical center (thyroid ultrasound) I was the only one there under 80. Boy did I feel young! [face_laugh]

16. Over_30_Writers_Club

Over_30_Writers_Club Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 11, 2006
    A/N

There is now a new thread called "Over 30 SW Writers Club~2nd Edition" which can be found here http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/24680451/p1/?2

Thank you to everyone who has taken part in this thread. We hope you will hop over to the new thread and join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.