main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Over 30 Writers Club ***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Over_30_Writers_Club, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Happy birthday!

When I say my age, people look at me like I'm lying. If I were actually seventeen, why would I say I'm thirty-three in a non-alcohol-buying situation?

Goodwood and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    TrakNar you would think if a person has no reason to lie, they won't bother...but I have discovered otherwise (not referring to you personally). I have met a few people who would tell me the wrong age, claim to have lived on farms, say they did awful things that nobody shouldn't take credit for...and it is all lies.

I am dealing with a family member who is a pathological liar. Every time he tells me something I have to consider the possibility that it is a lie. He told me and my friends a very convincing ghost story the other day. Later I asked him if he was lying and he admitted he lied. So now I either have to let my friends know my family member is a big liar or let them continue to believe my family's house is haunted.

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Liar or not, if he can tell a convincing ghost story, that's a talent that can be exploited. The fanfic we write is, essentially, a litany of lies. ;)

"Artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use lies to cover the truth up." —Evy, quoting her father

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I wish he would confine his lying to fan fiction. It is stressful dealing with a person who you can't believe or count on but is in your life. The Karma bus hit him last month though and he is facing jail time. I guess he couldn't convincingly lie to the cops.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My mom's a pathological liar.

But anywho... I'm teaching my niece how to paint.

6. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    "It's not a lie. It's a gift for fiction." ~ David Mamet, State And Main

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  7. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Happy birthday and welcome to the club, mavjade!

8. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I once had to deal with a guy who owned a forum I'd been asked to help moderate (and later administrate part of), and he turned out to be either a total pathological liar, or a genuine Internet sociopath. Thank the Force there wasn't any sort of RL connection between the two of us.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, we were discussing character creation and coming up with backstories, and after fleshing out my nephew's villain idea from simple serial killer to some black-and-white morality psychopath who sees his murdering as simply culling the herd of undesirables, my niece asked me how I come up with that stuff.

"A very good imagination."

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Keep them away from TVTropes at all costs, Trak. ;)

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Too late, they know about it. :p

But, they're not allowed to surf the Net, so they only know about what I've shown them and mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.