main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Over You -- AU Post-NJO J/J Songfic -- COMPLETE 7/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  2. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Nice postie. :) You appear to be on the fast track to Jaina-dom. :D Which is good. :p

~*~Austyn

3. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Blondie_JediKnight: *hits Jag in back of the head* Who do you think it was?! Comm her!

Haha, you tell him.

Nawra needs to force the matchmaking a little more.

As we say in our family, "be patient little donkey." Don't worry, I'm running out of song, so it will happen soon.

Courtney_Solo: This isn't the post you'll need kleenexes for.

Austyn: Nice postie.

Thank you Master. :)

You appear to be on the fast track to Jaina-dom.

Yes, yes I am. ;)

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    She can't die yet!:( Not until she gets Jag back on track.

Seriously though: ?Stop being stupid.? Here! Here! Both of them.

Another good one BF. Waiting in the wings for more.

5. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Poor Jag.... :( He should just make everything easier for everyone by swallowing his pride and stupidness and just com Jaina. Great post.
    --Wynssa

6. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Jag you dolt! You can just comm her! Isn't that what they're for?

What? Doesn't everyone talk to fictional characters? :confused:

Good post! :D

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I LOVE Nawra! What a great character!

Jag, you're a dope. Comm her for sith's sake!! Before Nawra dies.

Great story, great writing, BigFatty. I think this is one of the best Jag fics I've seen.

I'll be watching for more... =D=

oldj

8. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Lola64: She can't die yet! Not until she gets Jag back on track.

Patience...

Seriously though: ?Stop being stupid.? Here! Here! Both of them.

At least not only does someone know it, but isn't afraid to say it.

Another good one BF. Waiting in the wings for more.

Thank you. :)

WynssaStarflare: Poor Jag.... He should just make everything easier for everyone by swallowing his pride and stupidness and just com Jaina.

As good of a boy he is, he's still a boy. What can you do?

Great post.

Myra: Jag you dolt! You can just comm her! Isn't that what they're for?

Haha, I love the word "dolt".

What? Doesn't everyone talk to fictional characters?

I know I do. ;)

Good post!

Thank you :)

oldj: I LOVE Nawra! What a great character!

Thank you :)

Jag, you're a dope. Comm her for sith's sake!! Before Nawra dies.

Again, patience...

Great story, great writing, BigFatty. I think this is one of the best Jag fics I've seen.

Aww [face_blush] thank you.

9. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Hello readers,

Just a little note to say that today is a writing day, I'll try to have the next (and final) post up within the next few days. Yes, the final post and in appreciation for all of your support it's going to be the longest one I've ever written. Thank you so much for reading my story and don't forget to bring the tissues with you for hte next post. I meanwhile will be building a fort to protect myself in case any of you get a little too distraught.

Have a Happy 4th of July! [face_flag]

10. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    *cheers* Yay!!
    *gasp* the end?!

11. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    *cheers* Yay!!
    *gasp* the end?!

Yes Blondie, a post :) and the end. :(

I'm giving Red two more hours to send approval of the post (since it is her character and everything), but if she doesn't get back to me by then I'll post anyway.

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love nawra!

13. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks, Ish, I love her too.

First, a few thanks: first to Red for playing along and being amazingly supportive (especially since I'm killing her). The second is to Austyn for beta-ing this beast and being there for support whenever needed, you're a great Master. The third thanks is to all of you. I didn't even find this board till March and if you had told me then that I would be writing stories and having people actually enjoying them, I would have laughed in your face. You guys make my face look like this :D So to all of you: [:D] [:D] [:D]

So here it is, the final post that is as long as my entire first story...

Your face it dances and it haunts me
    Your laughter's still ringing in my ears
    I still find pieces of your presence here
    Even after all these years

Jag finished his caf, wanting to talk but having no one to share a conversation with. Instead he went to his room to get dressed. This was the day he had been dreading for nearly two years: Nawra?s funeral.

He opened the doors to his closet, reaching for his dress uniform and laying it out on his bed. He was about to go get a shower when something on the uniform caught his eye. It was a medal with a silver feminine form hanging from a purple ribbon. He had to snicker to himself when he realized what it was. The last time he had worn his dress uniform was a few weeks after the war with the Vong had ended. It had been a reception for anyone?pilots, mechanics, astromechs, and so on?who had worked for or with Twin Suns Squadron. That night, Jaina had awarded several guests with honors, both official and unofficial. Once she had made it through the serious awards, promotions and medals for courage, she began moving onto the not-so-serious awards. One lieutenant was given a medal that resembled a credit for going through the greatest number of X-Wings and therefore costing the government the most in currency. Another medal, this one shaped like a mug of lomin ale, was awarded to a flight officer who was notorious for losing bets and had been forced to buy myriad rounds of the drink as a result. For the last awards of the night, Jaina called up the two men of her shield trio: Kyp Durron and Jagged Fel. Each was given the medal in the shape of a woman for the ?I Survived the Goddess? award.

Jag reluctantly unclipped the Goddess award from the uniform and set it on his dresser. He knew Nawra would have gotten a kick out of him wearing it to the funeral, but not the rest of the Chiss and especially his father.

Standing under the hot spray of water, the events of the past week filtered through his mind. Three months after Nawra?s visit to the medcenter Jag had brought her back; this time they both knew she would not be leaving. Jag knew he should follow the advice Nawra had given him, but her health dictated otherwise. Her health had rapidly declined in the past three months. Jag only had time to care for his friend and occasionally get some sleep.

A week ago they sat together and watched the evening news as they did every night. Once the show, finished Jag asked if she was ready to go and she said she was. Nawra had told him earlier in the week that it was only a matter of time before she would admit herself into the medcenter for a medical staff to takeover her care for the last few days, and now it was happening. She had tried to convince Jag that she wasn?t doing this because she thought he was a failure in his care taking duties. As loyal as Jag was to her, Nawra was just as loyal to him. She did not want him to bare sole responsibility for her care in the darkest days of her illness.

Eight months ago Nawra?s speech had disintegrated enough that most people could no longer understand her. Two months ago was the point when Jag could no longer understand her. Using what little muscle movement she could, Nawra would blink her eyes in the patterns of the Chiss Dot-Dash form of communication.

Three days after being admitted into

14. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I love that Nawra sliced into Jag's account. It's so her! And forwarding the messages to Soontir and Wyn...I just about hurt myself laughing. :p

Great post. I'm guessing that the rest is in the companion, sorrect?

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I need a sequel!

16. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I was kinda lurking throught the middle part of the fic but I'm going to reply now. I loved it all. It was so good.

I was bored and sliced into your comm account.

?Nawra??

I had to see if she was worthy of you.
    LOL That was my favorite part. I loved it.

Great story!

17. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm sorry you did away with Nawra. I too think Nawra Fel is a beautiful name.

I'm sorry she's gone but not sorry that she was able to get through to Jag.

And now he's on his way to Denon. =D=

Waiting for the end to the other part.

Oh and I'm glad you found this site and submitted this fic. It's a must read.

18. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Myra: I love that Nawra sliced into Jag's account. It's so her! And forwarding the messages to Soontir and Wyn...I just about hurt myself laughing.

Please, no injuries on my account, but I'm glad you enjoyed that bit. ;)

Great post. I'm guessing that the rest is in the companion

Here's how this one is going to play out: Over You and & Overkill are going on at the same time. I will start tomorrow (hopefully) and the as to be yet named sequel. If only I didn't have to study for the GRE, I'd have more time, but alas, grad school is imporant.

Ish: I need a sequel!

I'll give you a fix as soon as I can. ;)

Princess_Melissa: I was kinda lurking throught the middle part of the fic but I'm going to reply now. I loved it all. It was so good.

Lola: I'm sorry you did away with Nawra.

Me too. :( But it had to be done.

I too think Nawra Fel is a beautiful name.

Yeah. I'm just waiting for someone to give a Fel kid the first name of "Oopsi"... maybe if I get bored and it's three in the morning...

Waiting for the end to the other part.

I best get to crackin' then.

19. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    That was beautiful. Nawra was quite a lady. I'm really looking forward to seeing Jag's reunion with Jaina (I hope). Your writing is excellent. I'm looking forward to more.:)

[edit]: Things I say tend to make a lot more sense when I actually complete my sentences

20. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    That was great. I love the Nawra character. I especially love her evil plotting. :) More? Great job!
    --Wynssa

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, you'll give me a sequel fix soon?!

22. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    =D=[:D]=D=[:D]

Wonderfully done, Padawan! You put so much time and emotion into this 'fic, and it's returned tenfold. :)

I have to admit, I was hoping that you would somehow manage to keep Nawra from dying, but I knew it wasn't to be. Slow downhill battles to the end are the hardest, and you did a painfully spectacular job of portraying that.

I enjoyed betaing this 'fic immensely, and being your Master even more. :) Keep up the great work, querida!

~*~Austyn

23. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    First of all? :_|:_|:_|

And if I am to die in a fic, I?m glad for it to be at your hands. :p Nawra is one of the most interesting OC?s I?ve ever seen written, and I?m not just saying that because she?s supposed to be me, or me her, well, you know what I mean. 8-} :p You gave the dying Nawra such ?life?? with all her humor, courage insight, and sensitivity. She was worthy of being a much loved and respected friend of Jag. I am truly honored. :)

Jaina called up the two men of her shield trio: Kyp Durron and Jagged Fel. Each was given the medal in the shape of a woman for the ?I Survived the Goddess? award.
    That made me smile. I can see Jaina doing that. :)

?I never read you those messages.?

I was bored and sliced into your comm account.

[face_laugh] She?s something else! *grins*

Sitting in a cockpit reviewing a mission made him start to feel like his old self again. Granted he was still the most exhausted he had ever been in his life, but he was flying to Jaina. He knew that his body would never find rest until he could look in her eyes, hear her voice, smell her hair, and kiss her lips.
    [face_love] Hurry up with the sequel, please! I can?t wait for more!

Thank you, BigFatty! [:D]
    @};-@};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

24. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    JJSF: That was beautiful. Nawra was quite a lady. I'm really looking forward to seeing Jag's reunion with Jaina (I hope). Your writing is excellent. I'm looking forward to more.

Thank you very much :)

[edit]: Things I say tend to make a lot more sense when I actually complete my sentences

Works that way for most people ;)

Wynssa: That was great. I love the Nawra character. I especially love her evil plotting. More? Great job!

Yes, she is/was quite fiesty. And yes there will be more, if only to keep it from playing on a constant loop in my head.

Ish: Yay, you'll give me a sequel fix soon?!

Well, not Ish soon, but as soon as I can get it on paper and through a beta, yes I'll post it up. All goes well, I'll say Tuesday at the latest, but I'm not going to make that a promise, just a goal.

Austyn: Wonderfully done, Padawan! You put so much time and emotion into this 'fic, and it's returned tenfold.

Thank you very much, Master. :)

I have to admit, I was hoping that you would somehow manage to keep Nawra from dying, but I knew it wasn't to be. Slow downhill battles to the end are the hardest, and you did a painfully spectacular job of portraying that.

Yes it is sad that she died, but just think of the mayhem I prevented poor Jag from going through if Nawra and Jaina ever wound up in the same room. Yikes.
    On a more serious note, I don't really know which way to lost someone is the easiest. My good friend's dad died of a heart attack two days after being declared in excellent health at his annual physical. It took about two and a half years for ALS to kill my Mom (ironically three weeks after my friend's dad died). Both are certainly difficult in their own way.

I enjoyed betaing this 'fic immensely, and being your Master even more. Keep up the great work, querida!

[face_blush] I'm so lucky to have you as a Master.

Red/Nawra: And if I am to die in a fic, I?m glad for it to be at your hands. Nawra is one of the most interesting OC?s I?ve ever seen written, and I?m not just saying that because she?s supposed to be me, or me her, well, you know what I mean. You gave the dying Nawra such ?life?? with all her humor, courage insight, and sensitivity. She was worthy of being a much loved and respected friend of Jag. I am truly honored.

Thank you so much. :)

That made me smile. I can see Jaina doing that.

Yes indeed.

She?s something else! *grins*

That's one way of putting it. ;)

Hurry up with the sequel, please! I can?t wait for more!

I'll do my best. If only pesky work and GRE studying weren't getting in the way. :p

Thank you, BigFatty!

My pleasure. :D

25. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    ?I Survived the Goddess? award.

[face_laugh] I love it!

The ashes into a crystal thing is very interesting and unique.

Nawra blackmails him, whatever it takes!=D=

I am going to find the next installment. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.