main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC P E O P L E Interviews, Issue LXXX: Sarge!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Mar 19, 2021.

1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Great interview, and Sarge is definitely a stand up man.

Coruscant and Sarge like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    We passed the limit of allowed pictures per post, so just imagine that these were included when we were talking about medieval reenacting:

Medieval re-enactments and martial arts was a pretty intense experience. It's not as dangerous as you might think, although the bruises could be impressive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(I'm the crusader in white with the blue cross, and the pirate in stripey pants.)

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Now I got really curious what you contributed to the Order of the Morning Star, since it's about art and science? And just to make clear I'm not in the SCA but I have enough friends that are, and I'm also grateful to all the SCA members that have filled the web with so many tutorials and instructions about all things around medieval reenactment.

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Sarge is one of my favorite people round these parts , he's one of the good guys.
    (I'd say a lot more but he only gave me 10 bucks , so that's your lot.)

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    No love for the Slave I dogfight?

...or the space battle over Coruscant?

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Man, I got ripped off. :(

@Obi Anne , the arts and science award was for my research and work in helping to build a portable "ship" that we could take to events. It quickly became a favorite place for rapier fencing during the day and shanty/folk singing at night. This is what it looked like before we had finished all the rigging:
    [​IMG]

The main deck was a flat bed trailer. Most of the rest of it was plywood sheets that came apart and stacked on the trailer. With enough people helping, we could set up in about 2 hours.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meh. Those seismic charge things are way too scientifically inaccurate for me, even allowing for SW science. And I hate the buzz droids; filling the missiles with explosives would be a whole lot more effective and cost a fraction as much. To my engineer-trained mind, that's the kind of silly thing that ACME should be delivering to Wile E Coyote.

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    that ship is so cool! What a great thing to have at an event.

Sarge likes this.
  8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I enjoyed the Star Wars talk. Which is quite a feat. But I recognized myself in Sarge's experiences, expectations, and opinions, about every trilogy. Down to the doodles and the spin-off book. It brought me back, and I guess we all have that from time to time, we were all huge Star Wars fans in our youth. And there are precious memories attached to that.

Sarge and Coruscant like this.
  9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's a crap battle, come on.

10. Beef_Sweetener

Beef_Sweetener Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 25, 2005
    What an excellent interview!

"...my heart has been broken so many times it rattles when I walk."

Oh man, I hear that. As I approach 50 I don't mind telling you though...I care less and less. Women and Jeeps have only ever given me problems...but I like them. I have a dog now and she's the ideal manifestation of unconditional love, even though she occasionally ****s in the house.

And I agree with you about the Naboo ship at the beginning of AotC.

Sarge and Coruscant like this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yep, except when I'm sitting. Nothing can stop the US Chair Force!
    [​IMG]