main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Padawan techie Tarko Sanek Winter Olympics challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 1, 2022.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Padawan techie Tarko Sanek Olympics challenge
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 33 BBY – 23 BBY
    Main characters: Tarko Sanek, Gavin Maurishka, Tomy Itsi
    Genre: challenge
    Summary: various moments in the life of Tarko Sanek
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

1. Master Gavin 'Grease' Maurishka. Single Sentence Ski Jumping: A story starring your character, couple, family, or friendship told in a single sentence.
    2. Fantastic clothes. Fantastical Free Skate: A 430 word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship that contains a fantastical element.
    3. Grate skate disaster in the archives. 500 Word Speed Skate: A 500 word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship with any theme.
    4. Passing Kiss and Cry: A 100+ word hurt and comfort fic starring your character, couple, family, or friendship.
    5. Master Itsi uh Tomy Hockey Hug: A 100+ word fluff story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship.
    6. Cloak and droid. Laughing Luge: A 100+ word humor story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship.
    7. We want you, we want you as our new recruit Short Program Song-Fic: A 240 word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship inspired by a song or song lyric.
    The song is: In the navy from the Village people
    8. Snow and ice. Snowboarding Adventure: A 500+ word action or adventure story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship
    9. Scary vision. Scary Skeleton: A 100+ word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship in which something scary or spooky happens.
    10. The last Jedi AU Alpine Skiing: A 100+ word alternate universe story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship.

Master Gavin 'Grease' Maurishka (33 BBY)

Since today he had Gavin Maurishka, a very old master with a big moustache with dancing tips who was working in the great hangar of the Jedi-temple and was loved by all appreciating his quick repairs of every mechanical thing broken and usually called Grease.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Loved the insights you got into the master's character in one sentence! Nice job:)

Be cool to see where the story and characters go next!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    the next part is fun for master and padawan when they see what Obi-Wan, Siri, Qui-Gon Jinn and Adi Galia have to wear on a mission

2. Fantastic clothes. Fantastical Free Skate: A 430 word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship that contains a fantastical element.

Fantastic clothes. (32 BBY)

“This is for Siri Tachi to wear? Oh my. She will be adorable with that underwear.” Tarko Sanek was placing a metal and cloth bikini with tassels in the bag.”

“And with this she will be like a stuffed doll, just like her master Adi Gallia.” Master Gavin Maurishka gave the dress to Tarko.

“That was the last item.” Tarko placed the bag in a locker and added the name-plate.

“Now we will have fun Tarko.”

“What's the fun master Maurishka?” Master Windu asked.

“To see those Jedi reacting to their clothes.”

“Ah fun and here they are.” Master Windu saw Jinn and Gallia coming into the hangar. “Your disguises are in the lockers.”

“Our padawans are coming after an interesting ni.” Qui-Gon Jinn headed to the locker hiding his smile.

“nimeditating session.” Adi Gallia was next to him. 'We are to form a Wanarian family and I have to wear this.” She extricated a bag from the locker and disappeared into a changing cubicle.

- - -

Gavin Maurishka and Tarko Sanek were checking the airspeeder that would take the four Jedi to the spaceport and their civillian transport when the two padawans arrived. “The fun begins Tarko.”

“Yes.” Tarko opened the engine compartment.

Mace Windu was leaving and turned to Siri and Obi-Wan. “Clothes are in that room. May the Force be with you.”

“Clothes.” Siri saw her master Adi Gallia coming from the changing cubicle.

“Look at this.” Qui-Gon smiled. “You are the lady on this trip. Ah there they are.” He tossed a bag towards Obi-Wan.

“Master.”

“Obi-Wan your name is Owan Tanaki-Kentaro. I am Quint Tanaki-Kentaro and Adi is my wife Alia Tanaki.”

“Nice outfit master.”

“Yes Sheila. And we are the masters in the matriarchal society of Wanaria. Married males are just slaves and to be treated as such. Get ready. The Varaan Magister leaves in one hour.”

“Sheila is a nice name and far better than that dull Owan.”

“Better wait until we see what Sheila is wearing.” Obi-Wan had discovered comfortable boots, plain brown trousers and a brown sweater with attached hood. For the underwear he headed to a changing cubicle. “WOW. A gift from Sheila.”

“Kenobi is sure having fun. He has discovered our note.” Gavin Maurishka whispered.

“Aw no Kenobi. You will have me wearing this contraption.”

“She has to don her underwear.” Tarko laughed.

And like his master he was still smiling when the four Jedi boarded the airspeeder.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I enjoyed this one! Laughed and smiled throughout[face_laugh]Laughed so much in fact that I at first thought it was a Laughing Luge entry before I realized it was for the Fantastical Free Skate Event. Very clever to make the fantastical element those fantastical disguises, which really fits well with the costumes worn in figure-skating too. Great story and nice way to pay tribute to the Olympic event that inspired this challenge as well! Bravo=D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I loved to see those four Jedi dressed into something else in one of my earlier stories 'Hiding Water'
    the following one is a Laughing Luge with Jedi wreaking havoc in the archives. A missing scene with Tarko and his master for my story 'Healing'.

3. Grate skate disaster in the archives. 500 Word Speed Skate: A 500 word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship with any theme.

Grate skate disaster in the archives. (29 BBY)

Tomy Itsi was cleaning his desk and putting material in a box marked archives.

With twinkling blue eyes and his red hair in an unruly mop master Aiden o'Lenge or 'Spanners' as he was called by all in the technical department wandered into Tomy's office. “Desk cleaning? Never seen you that busy with those datapads and papers.”

“Nah but now I am after I saw knights Tachi, Kenobi and Adin returning from their mission to Corellia. Those Jedi are planning something. Knight Tachi has some archive-material to deliver and I am sure that will annoy Nu to the extreme.”

“And yours not?” Spanners fished a grease-stained report out of the box with his greasy hands.

“Oh yes, she will lecture me about stains destroying archive-material and I will tell her that I can't help it. Workplaces are always dirty.”

“Will get my stuff too.” Spanners headed to his office. “Nu material, do you hear that Grease?”

Kloink boink tinkle.

“What's the noise there?” Tarko Sanek was working on a project with his master.

“I will see what he has for Nu.” Gavin Maurishka stood up and headed next door.

“Here is my stuff for Nu,” Spanners looked up from his impressive heap of material placed on a cleaned equipment-cart.

“Wait for me. I will get more of that.”

Gavin returned to his office. “He is cleaning his archives and we can add ours.”

“All of that?” Tarko opened a drawer and saw the stained reports with the sticky old rubber bands, rusted metal and bandaids.

“Yes. Master Nu will like it but we don't want to be there when she chases us out of her archive.” Grease had fun when he filled the large box. and carried that to Tomy's office.

- - -

“That was fun Grease.”

“He deliberately touched her hair-bun.”

“Tomy tell us.” A smile split the face of Tarko.

“Master Nu was very annoyed when she saw padawan Olin and us coming into her archives with those dirty squeaking carts. My stuff was inspected first and she began to call me an archive-disaster when Ferus opened a box with material from Nejaa Halcyon. The first report from that box was as she wished but the box was filled with material from Treasure Ship Row. She grabbed that from the box, put it on her desk and was inspecting it when disaster happened.”

“You were watching those magazines Tomy. I was looking up and there he was. Master Yoda had been watching on a grate in the crawl-duct. The grate broke from its hinges and he sailed down touching her hair-bun and landing on her desk. Master Yoda began to lecture about the magazines.” Spanners smiled.

“I was in the crawlduct with Obi-Wan and here is your cart back.” Siri Tachi was in the doorway and began to tell more about the archive-disaster and what had happened before that, recovering from an under-cover mission.

6. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Oh my, the Fantastic clothes entry LOL. Those are some very amusing disguises.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Just thinking about Leia when I wrote this and more can be found in an old story 'hiding water'

Now something else where Tarko looses his master and gets a new one

4. Passing Kiss and Cry: A 100+ word hurt and comfort fic starring your character, couple, family, or friendship.

Passing (28 BBY)

Gavin Maurishka knew. A smile was on his face when he heard the soft sounds coming from the room of his padawan Tarko Sanek, asleep and tired after a day of lessons and working in the technical department. He had slipped into a new white long gown. Moments of his long life – he was born 245 years ago on Serindan – were cherished.

'I was working in the hangar when I met those three initiates wanting to know all about my work as an engineer. Avar Kriss, Elzar Mann and Stellan Gios were friends and stayed that way. Love? Yes. Attachment? No. They followed the Jedi-code.'

The gown was closed. He went to the fresher and took a comb to groom his yellow hair and his moustache.

'My first padawan had me with a nickname that everyone used. Grease, huh, my clothes with greasy stains yes. But my moustache is always perfectly groomed. He and his padawan are one with the Force, just as I will be in a few more moments. I don't know how the Barkanian lizard, archivist Jedi Tss-kik-Shh-Kir-ssj-kr managed to disappear when he became one with the Force but I will leave my body behind.'

He heard some sounds coming from the room of his padawan.

'Awake young Tarko? Don't grieve. I am transferring the bond to your new master Tomy Itsi. May the Force be with you.'

Gavin – Grease – Maurishka left the fresher, walked for a last time through the living room and entered his bedroom and settled down on his bed. And sighed. One more breath. He was one with the Force.

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and gizkaspice like this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    5. Master Itsi uh Tomy Hockey Hug: A 100+ word fluff story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship.

Master Itsi uh Tomy (28 BBY)

'Tarko. I am coming.' Short legs were moving, a grey mop of hair was moving wildly, brown eyes in a tanned face were showing concern, that was Tomy Itsi hurrying to the apartment where Tarko Sanek and only moments ago Gavin – Grease – Maurishka were living.

'Master Itsi.' Sheets were flying, long legs whipped them to the floor. Brown eyes were showing tears in a pale face with short brown hair and a long padawan braid with a yellow tuft of hair at the tip, that was Tarko. He hurried to the living room to see the door opening and revealing Master Itsi.

“Tarko my padawan.”

Tarko flew into the outstretched arms. “Master Itsi, uh Tomy.”

“Let's go to Grease.”

Tarko let go of the comforting arms. “We will need a stretcher to go to the Hall of fire. Serindian customs dictate that the passing in the Force will be held on the same day.”

“We will get that but first, let's see.”

Master and padawan saw Gavin Maurishka, a beautiful new white gown, prefectly groomed hair and moustache, a serene face.

“He is one with the Force.” Tarko hugged his new master.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Tonight there is no "D & D" session for me and I have some time before going to bed. (Need to get up at 5:30 am tomorrow to be at work shortly before 7:00 am.) And since you pointed it out in one of your latest PMs to me, I chose this thread to comment on.

As always you keep building up interesting OCs and catapult them into the SW universe, waving them into a nice tapestry full of humour, life lessons & warmth. Therefore it´s fun reading your fan fics.

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I love to give Tarko more screen time and here is the next one

6. Cloak and droid. Laughing Luge: A 100+ word humor story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship.

Cloak and droid (26 BBY)

Pwrooot.

Prwwiit

“No Artoo-Deethirteen. You don't fit into this socket. The Arfour-P unit came from this fighter and will be used again.”

“Pwiit phieuuw.”

“Yes your dome is a single functional unit. And we have to lift you into the socket of the Delta 7 Aethersprite. Ready Tarko?”

“Yes Tomy.” He was on the wing of the fighter, had checked the connections and saw his master lifting the dome from the workbench when it happened.

“Hey who did equip that Thirteen with rockets? Keep it away Tarko.”

“The clothing department won't like this.” Tarko had his brown cloak swirling towards the approaching A2-D13.”

“Not at all but you did it.” Tomy Itsi saw the Artoo crashing down and continued his lift guiding the dome unerringly to its socket.

“A cloak-disaster and now you can tell me more about that pilot-training. I love to fly a fighter like this sometime.”

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    7. We want you, we want you as our new recruit Short Program Song-Fic: A 240 word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship inspired by a song or song lyric.

The song is: In the navy from the Village people

We want you, we want you as our new recruit (26 BBY)

Tarko Sanek was in the transport, studying the leaflet with the groups. There were five training groups with the Alfa-group as the most prestigious. He had remained silent after the taunts from William Demol. He had heard William boasting that Alfa would be his and with him and Kita Nubby spreading fake news about Jedi more recruits began to talk about not wanting a Jedi in their group. The girls – among them Kita and her friends – had been the first to leave.

Tarko Sanek stood up. He was one of the last recruits to leave the transport and headed to the ramp leading to the tarmac where five groups were assembling behind their instructors.

Tarko walked down the ramp and saw William making a confident salute before the trio of lieutenants and bowing for the drill-sergant.

“Recruit Demol, Alfa group. And our last recruit from the Jedi-temple Tarko Sanek, Zeta group. They have more Jedi in their group. Recuits, report to your instructor in the assigned group. He will guide you to your barracks. But first, listen to what I have to tell. Not all of you will make it. Indoctrination is tough. Do your best and you will succeed and go to the next phase; pilot-training. That's all for now. Tomorrow I will meet you for a more detailed briefing. Instructors begin.”

The five instructors began to whistle a marching song, joyfull and easy to learn.

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like students that are eager to learn. :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And he will learn a lot in the next part

8. Snow and ice. Snowboarding Adventure: A 500+ word action or adventure story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship.

Snow and ice (25 BBY)

The joyfull song was the begin and the end of almost each day of the indoctrination phase, marching to the mess-hall for breakfast and dinner with the hall 1,5 K away from the barracks. They were situated near the beach and more often than not recruits had to endure the surf whipping at their legs and more when marching to that breakfast or dinner.

As promised Tarko had met more Jedi-padawans in his group. He had never met the zabrak Mirsa Walani or her master Shika Diir but the humans Reese Rhamas and Djace Gerba had been in his group of initiates when going to classes. Both were skilled fighters and had arrived on Anaxes one month earlier. Mirsa – being the first to go to the training – had completed her indoc, was almost finished with her pilot-training and had told him what to expect in the two months of indoc. 'Wet sand will be your constant companion but take care of your room. Any sand in that and you will face more wet sand and cleaning to do. And the snow you will see.'

Tarko remembered that when he boarded the transport bound to some place unknown. The only thing instructor Petrucil had orderd was get your cold weather gear.

“I bet we will be dropped in the snow.” Harm Yularen was inspecting his boots.

“That is for sure.” Reese Rhamas said, giving a wink to Djace Gerba. “I have been there two days ago.”

“Zeta recruits, strap in for landing. We are here for some fun. For each of you there is a back-pack with gear.”

“Petrucil is mean but fair.” Djace patted Tarko on his shoulder. “He will do everything to let us succeed.”

“Yeah?” Candy Donen grumbled when the transport settled in the middle of an ice-field.

“Zeta recruits OUT.”

Tarko left the transport, took his back-pack and followed his group.

The ice was slippery but he managed to walk without difficulty remembering the lessons from Master Yoda. 'Snow and ice guide you it will. Slide you do.'

Snow was beginning to drift down.

After one hour of sliding the edge of the ice-field was reached.

Snow covered the recruits and their back-packs.

Instructor Petrucil was there but he had the advantage of using a hover-board. “Up the hill. We are the last group to arrive and have to find the other four groups.”

“In this snow storm?”

“He must be nuts.”

“Drop down all of you for 50 push-ups.”

“I can sense some activity. It's that way.” Tarko – on his hands and feet next to Djace – whispered to the padawan during his push-ups.

After the last push-up Tarko was covered in snow. He headed up the hill, again sliding when the snow allowed him to do that. And with Djace following in his footsteps and the other recruits trudging after them they were soon able to find the four groups in a valley and already settled in with their tents near a big tent where the instructors had their camp.

Tarko unpacked his back-pack to find a tent, a sleeping bag and a stove and was busy with the tent when a small package landed in the snow.

“Your meal recruit Sanek. You performed excellent today, making a beeline to this camp. Enjoy it.”

Kahara likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And the final two parts of my decathlon are

9. Scary vision. Scary Skeleton: A 100+ word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship in which something scary or spooky happens.

Scary vision (24 BBY)

“Don't get caught when you are searching for your enemy. This time instructor Tarkin will be your goal.”

Tarko remembered the words spoken by instructor Kaantrel. That it had to be Krell Tarkin an instructor not that good but being assigned by the supreme chancellor and secretly called Kraytdragon by him because he was very mean was just a nuisance. Stalking was all about stealth and concealment. He had become very good at it using his Force-sense to search the terrain with the growth and bushes, rocks and crevices to sneak up to the target. He was seeing Tarkin in his hide-out. “Aww nooh.”

“Recruit Sanek, what in the nine hells of Corellia are you doing? You caught me and now this? Explain it.”

“I have just a bad day.” Tarko muttered. That he had felt the despair and loss of innocent animal life, the destruction of an entire planet known to him as Irellion and had heard Jedi-knight Benno Perion near that planet making an escape from that destruction was not something to be shared.

“To the sewer-course.”

“Yes sir.” Tarko headed to the entrance of the sewer-course. He was the only one of his group and was cheered on when he completed the course in record-time. Covered in gooey slime he tried to get to the beach. His team, instructed by Kraytdragon, was preventing that.

“To your room Sanek.”

Tarko did and sat down on a chair because he didn't want to soil his bed.

A droid was watching him. The nasty comments and taunts from the recruits were heard by him but ignored.

At midnight the droid left.

Tarko sprinted to the showers, was barred from them by another droid and headed to the surf, cold but it cleaned him. Coming back to the showers, he could get rid of the sand and salty water with a real hot shower. Cleaning of his chair and room came next.

And with a sigh he dropped down on his bed, looking at his chrono. Only two hours and the next day would begin with PT on the beach.

10. The last Jedi AU Alpine Skiing: A 100+ word alternate universe story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship.

The last Jedi (AOTC)

'I did ready those Delta 7 aethersprites for Adi Gallia and Siri Tachi and now they are gone master Itsi.'

'No one survived Tarko. The rescue attempt was a trap. Jedi-master Kenobi, his padawan Anakin Skywalker and senator Amidala, they were executed in the arena on Geonosis. We are all that's left of the Jedi, we and the young ones and the very old.'

'And I feel the dark unending dark.'

'The dark is a Sith lord. He wants to rule the galaxy. He has Count Dooku as his apprentice.'

'We have to flee. There are the stairs. All is dark.'

'Down the stairs and down and away. Hurry.'

'Slippery steps.'

'Gliding down. O no he has me.'

'Master'

“Tarko.”

'Now you die young Jedi.'

“Noooh.”

“Tarko wake up. There are Delta 7 aethersprite fighters returning. We have to see if they need repairs.”

“Ah master, you are alive. It was a dream.”

Kahara likes this.
  15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wonderful! Would love to see more of Tarko's adventures.

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tarko is featured prominently in the Kessel run

Kahara and JediMaster_Jen like this.