main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Padmé YA novel CONFIRMED (Queen’s Shadow by EK Johnston)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I'm actually quite looking forward to this novel. I would like to see this novel covering a long time span like Lost Stars did. I'm sure Padme got up to a lot between TPM and AotC. Hopefully, this one will go to the inimitable Claudia Gray.

2. padme.sky

padme.sky Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2016
    Can you believe all in one day we've found out we're getting a Padme novel and a Padme funko pop. Finally some love for her.

3. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015

SO AGREED!!!! I saw this listing and the Han Solo one on jedibibliothek and was pleasantly surprised about Padme.

4. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    When you think about it, we can learn more about Palpatine's rise through Padme than any other character in the saga. (other than himself) Not that I want this book to be about that, but its interesting for the future. I loved that episode of Clone Wars where Padme's speech is relayed across the whole planet and Palpatine gives that monologue at the end. Or when the Mandalorians cheered for her in the streets. There were hints here and there that she could be so loved her threat could become too great. And then it fizzled out. The number one thing I want out of this canon is to give Padme Amidala's life meaning beyond her children. Not to be some footnote in the history books as young ruler, wife to a monster and mother to heroes. Bloodline had me concerned that the moment the Vader bomb dropped Padme's reputation was ruined forever.

5. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Jedi Master

Feb 28, 2012
    Great news! Hope they give this one to Claudia Grey. Actually, I'd love it if they pulled a Hobbit Movie type thing by having the Prologue and/or Epilogue being Luke and Leia maybe learning about Padme, so we can get their full thoughts on Padme.

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The only way I can see Luke and Leia learning about Padme in this story is If it's formatted as her journal, which would definitely would be interesting in my POV.
    But we will have to wait and see.

Hypatia, mes520 and Nerdman3000 like this.
  7. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I hope it gives more on her thoughts on Palpatine manipulating Anakin and the Republic. Knowing the Political scene before TPM would be cool.

mes520 likes this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    YES!! YES!! YES!!! :D :D I was just saying this is what we need in the other thread!! :D

mes520 likes this.
  9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's about friggin' time Padme got a novel.

mes520 and Nerdman3000 like this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    YESSSSSS

I hate Padme, but when TPM came out I thought she was awesome. Everything post-TPM for her has been a train wreck. She deserves way better.

Also yeah they gotta bring back Panaka and the Handmaidens. Kickin' it classic '99.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Looking forward to this, and hoping it’s between TPM and AOTC.

mes520 likes this.
  12. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Claudia Grey or GTFO.

13. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    What? Only a YA book? Padmé doesn't get a real novel? /s

Anyways, like I said back in the "Dream Book?" thread:
    I can be less shocked and appalled now. Yay!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

mes520 likes this.
  14. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    YES! YES! I can't believe it!! So happy. [face_dancing]

That made my crappy day end on a much better note.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    1. Not confirmed, even if it's in a catalogue. I hope it comes to pass and we hear something soon.

2. I have my thoughts on who the author might be based on speculation and putting things together, but I'm going to wait to see if I'm right if/when they announce the book.

16. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    I don't think there's ever been a Padme centered novel before, which is shocking and appalling. Padme has been criminally underused, and I was disappointed TCW didn't do more with her.
    I'd rather it be an adult novel but to be fair there have been some good YA novels recently.

17. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    So excited for this book, hopefully is done by Claudia Gray she handles so well these type of books, and has done a terrific job with Leia.

Hopefully it’s set between TPM-AotC, because I slightly believe that we got her covered between AotC and RotS, maybe she could land a dangerous mission for intel or whatever and learn a prophecy/vision. If they cover that time I hope that it’s more closer to RotS to learn the time when she found out she was pregnant and where was she along those weeks.

18. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    YESSSS! I can't wait to read it. I've been wanting a book that explains that politics of the prequels for a while now, and now we finally are getting one, in theory, that is.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Alexandra Bracken's handling of Leia in Princess, Scoundrel & Farmboy was good. If Claudia Gray isn't available for some reason, Bracken might be a close second, given that Leia takes after Padme some?

Jedi Knight Fett and kalzeth like this.
  20. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Just remembered a random throwaway line from TCW "According to master Kenobi during your tenure as Queen you became rather familiar with such excursions" (pluaral)

Might not mean anything but I think there's room in that statement to believe that the battle of Naboo wasn't the only threat Queen Amidala got her hands dirty to solve during her rule.

Hypatia likes this.
  21. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I'm so pumped to see this. Definitely hope we get more news soon. Preferably this would be pre TPM or between TPM and AotC. Let's take a break from TCW era.

22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I love this. Padme is one of those characters that has potential. But the PT really misused her imo. And if the EU stuff can flesh her out, fantastic. I kind of hope that it's set pre-TPM myself. I've always been interested in knowing what the heck it was that she did that made her so beloved to the people of Naboo. To the point that they ELECTED a 14 year old to be their ruler.

Can Claudia Gray write it, pretty please? She did such a great job with Leia TWICE after all.

Also it's coming out on April 24 is it? Well, that's a nice birthday present for me I guess (that's my birthday BTW).

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Sorry, but when I see/hear YA, this is where my mind goes.

Padme: How old are you?
    Anakin: Nineteen.
    Padme: How long have you been nineteen?
    Anakin: ...a little while.
    Padme: I know what you are.
    Anakin: Say it... out loud. Say it.
    Padme: Jedi.
    Anakin: Are you afraid?
    Padme: [turns to face him] ... no.

24. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome, she needs some focus.

Still waiting on that Dooku book though.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Either pre-TPM or between episode I and II is good for me.