main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Padmés family

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by The Senate, Feb 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I’ve been wondering if Luke and Leia ever knew about Padmes family that appeared in Revenge of the Sith and deleted scenes from Attack of the Clones.In legends Leia was friends with her cousin but in canon we barely know anything about them.

2. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Who knows? My guess is that the Emperor made sure something horrible happened to each of them, just to keep Darth Vader angry.

3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I don't think Vader would care either way. The whole idea is that he's shut himself off from all human emotion after that last primal shout of despair after the end of Episode III. Padme's family would mean nothing to him.

4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    "That family no longer has any meaning for me...."

teamhansolo likes this.
  5. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    We don't know. It's interesting to consider the fate of Naboo under the Imperial regime. As the Emperor's home planet it might have been held out as special and sort of sacred in Imperial ideology. We did get a special-special edition ending of Return of the Jedi where people cheer the fall of the Empire there, including a cheering Gungan who shouts "we-sa free" but seriously the Naboo probably had it easier than most once the Empire began. Padme's family on the other hand, I think they would have to have been knocked off in some clever way. That's my take on it. Of course, considering nothing was done to hunt out Anakin's stepfamily, The_Phantom_Calamari may have a point.

6. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    Do they know Anakin and/or Vader killed her? Does the public? They can’t tell people she died in childbirth because that’s a secret, but technically they can tell the truth as far as “she lost the will to live”. You can’t really say that without bringing Anakin into it though so I’m not sure it would help if indeed Anakin’s involvement in her death is meant to be a secret.

7. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I don’t think they even knew if Padmé married Anakin. The two went out of their way to keep it all a secret.

My guess is that they assumed Padmé died in childbirth and the plucky Jedi she was with either got killed during the Clone Wars or was a victim of the assault on the Jedi Temple.

8. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    How did Bail Organa deliver Padems body anyways?I think the empire said she was killed by jedi but who did he give the body too and who did he tell?

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You are The Senate, surely you should know these things?

teamhansolo likes this.
  10. LedReader

Oct 24, 2019
    They don’t need to know about the marriage to be told that Anakin/Vader killed her. And the childbirth is a secret so they most likely wouldn’t mention that either

11. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    The public never learned about the true identity of Darth Vader. Apparently this comes up in one of the new post-Disney novels set after Return of the Jedi. I'm told another recent novel has Bail Organa putting the pieces together to seceretly conclude to his horror that Vader is actually Anakin.

christophero30 and Iron_lord like this.
  12. LedReader

Oct 24, 2019
    Whether people know Anakin and Vader are the same person is a different question than whether people know that either Anakin or Vader (probably Vader if Obi-wan has that information by this point) was the culprit.

13. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    If you think about it, everyone including her family probably, thought she died unmarried and pregnant.=((

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought it was less "he put the pieces together" and more "Ben and Yoda told him, when they handed over Leia to him".

christophero30 and cathiecat like this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I always assumed Obi Wan and friends found out right away and not via news broadcast.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    In Legends they survived and I think one even became the senator for Naboo during the same time Leia was. In Canon after Revenge of the Sith we have no clue

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    they certainly should have. R2 obviously knew, and Obi- Wan would have filled luke in on who his mother was, offscreen ROTJ

18. LedReader

Oct 24, 2019
    Alright I think I figured out why I was so confused by the replies. When I asked “do they know Anakin was behind Padme’s death?” I was referring to Padme’s family, since this the prequel forum and “Padme’s family” is the title of the thread. I see now that the OP’s question is framed from Luke and Leia’s perspective so people probably assumed that’s who I was referring to by “they”.

19. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    I do know I'm just seeing how much the citizens of my Empire know.

20. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Most definitely her family did not know that Anakin had something to do with her death. I have not looked into the new canon, but it seems pretty certain they never found out Luke and Leia were out there in the world, I would think if they knew Anakin had something to do with her death then they would have known about Luke and Leia. I think Obi Wan and Yoda chose to keep even Padme's family in the dark about everything that transpired in the end.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Ah, a painful subject. According to Legends, Luke and Leia never learned anything about their mother's family. At least they found out about Padme herself. And Pooja was a Senator with Leia... It's a pity they never met. This is all sad... [face_sigh]

I wonder if they would find out about Pooja and Ryo, if they would become a big family... Would it help them save themselves from disaster? :(
    I'm talking about Legends, I don't accept the New Canon. [face_thinking]

christophero30 likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Pooja is still alive to this day and is living with their son, Hooga Chagga.

23. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Where does this information come from? And what kind of name Hooga Chagga? [face_thinking]

24. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    I don't like the idea that Palpatine would have conspired to have Padme's family killed. How would he benefit, and what risk do they pose to him? Sometimes theories or speculations get a little too near the "Palpatine was mastermindedly-manipulating EVERTHING" territory.

Sith Lord 2015 and oierem like this.
  25. LedReader

Oct 24, 2019

[face_thinking]