main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Padme Lives AUs

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SavedByChristAlone, May 13, 2017.

1. SavedByChristAlone

SavedByChristAlone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

As you can see, most of my Fanart gets done on Paint (!!!!!!! I realize how backwards this is), screenshotted, uploaded to Photobucket, then uploaded here. Most of my Fanart is in what-could-have-been scenarios, and are therefore wish fulfillment. Still, that's partly what fandom is for, amirite?

The above portrait is a close-up of Padme as a sixty-something. I used an existing photo of Natalie Portman, I promise you . . . I just drew this on paint and aged it up no end.

cathiecat likes this.
  2. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017
  3. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017
    Am I not putting up the right kind of files?

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya.

With the first one, linking from Facebook doesn't work that well.
    Photobucket, Imgur, DeviantArt and that work as a image hosting place.

For the second one, it was incorrectly linked. Should be a direct link with the url ending with the image format ( jpg, png, bmp)

I hope that helps :)

5. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017
    Thanks for the help! Will try and re-upload soon.

6. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

Ha! Finally! I correctly posted an image!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AU that most of my pictures come from (not all) is one that has been floating in my head for a while. I doubt I'll get around to putting it in text format soon, but in the meantime I will be putting up pictures and long-winded captions. You can skip those unless you're interested.

OK, so the idea for this idea grew out of the following desires:
    • To see a post-redemption Anakin develop
    • To see the Jedi Order undergo drastic change, but not to fall
    • To see Palpy get his comeuppance again
    • To develop Padme
    • To see Anakin and Padme in a halfway healthy relationship
    • To see Obi-Wan's life not become the unqualified tragedy it became in canon
    So what happened here was that somehow, the Force sent a dead-and-redeemed Anakin back in time, back to the night he originally started having nightmares about Padme. He starts off by apologizing profusely to Padme before realising what's happened, at which point he rectifies his first mistake and confesses about his Fall etc to Obi-Wan.
    An emergency Council Meeting is summoned, with everyone attending in their pajamas, and after Anakin explains as much about the Rise of the Empire as possible, the entire Coruscant-dweller Order ups and evacuates (the pregnant Padme goes with them), but not before informing all Clones and Jedi in the field of Order 66, performing brain surgery on all the clones they can reach, and separating from all the Clones that they can't, and doing everything possible to sabotage communication lines between the Clones and the Chancellor.
    A complicated series of events leads to Anakin and Padme hiding out for years at the Lars's farm with the kids before Leia runs off to join the Rebellion (Luke stays because if they don't get the harvest in, they'll starve), and then the Inquisitors come, and the family is split to all the four corners of the Galaxy . . . for two or three years, when they rendezvous with the Rebel Alliance at Yavin.
    The morning after their arrival, this is how Anakin finds Padme. She's sitting on the steps of one of Massassi Temples, in the light of the sunrise, sewing a jacket for their youngest daughter (yes, they had more after Luke and Leia). Anakin sits down beside her, and they have a long talk.

cathiecat likes this.
  7. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

Set sometime in the aforementioned AU. Padme and young Luke go to market. I did this (well, I did both pics) by tracing and modifying an existing photo of Natalie Portman. This is traced from a still in A Tale of Love and Darkness, where Natalie Portman's character walks through the streets of Tel Aviv with her son. And yes, that's a Jedi's cloak that Padme is holding over her arm for Luke to wear when he's older. Hey, a picture has to have some symbolism!

cathiecat likes this.
  8. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

Padme as a 60-something

cathiecat likes this.
  9. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

In a happier galaxy where Shmi Skywalker lived and got off Tatooine . . . (Not part of my other Padme AU, which I'm calling Time-Travel Anakin - TTA for short)

cathiecat likes this.
  10. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, after I had watched A New Hope but not The Empire Strikes Back, and after Attack of the Clones had come out but not Revenge of the Sith, a schoolfriend was kind enough to inform me that in one Star Wars movie, Anakin Skywalker had just been a little boy, and in another, "a full-grown man with a plait!".

Being the child of a Chinese mother, and used to seeing Qing-dynasty paintings in the restaurants she always used to take us to on Saturdays, I imagined Anakin as looking distinctly Chinese, or like a wuxia and kung fu warrior. You know, with one of those queues.

But, back in 2004, my vague conception of all guys who had long hair were bikers and thugs and fantasy villains and various other ne'er-do-wells. My mental image of Anakin as looking like a biker was compounded by the image of the swaggering Han Solo, but at the same time, I also had a vague conception that Anakin was a Jedi and one of the heroes. So there was a bit of Obi-Wan Kenobi-like gravitas and compulsion to behave oneself . . . just while looking like a cross between a biker and a kung fu guy. Anakin would be a good guy, but with long hair, which would make him look like an anti-hero.

On top of that, heroes in movies were all white guys, but kung-fu guys were Chinese, right? Only, being a Eurasian myself, with two Eurasian best friends in addition to two Eurasian brothers, it wasn't really that hard to imagine what a cross between a white guy and a Chinese guy would look like.

So, thirteen long years after I first (without ever seeing a prequel movie) imagined what Anakin might look like, I drew it. It isn't a complete copy from my imagination, but it's pretty close.

[​IMG]

He's meant to look a bit more mixed and his expression is supposed to be even more brooding, but you get the gist.

cathiecat, pronker and Tarsier like this.
  11. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Good for you to keep in the fandom so long and pursue the image to post it here. Head canon can be such darn fun to visualize and expand upon.:)

SavedByChristAlone likes this.
  12. SavedByChristAlone

Jan 26, 2017