main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Paducah Fanforce Meeting Dec. 28?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordINVAR, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, our City rep looks to have snuck in a mention about meeting Wed. Dec 28th.

That would be cool with me depending on what time.

Some folks do Bible study at church on Wed. nights - though I do not know how that would impact some of the members here. I'm free that night.

So - Time and Place? Where and When? Can we or Can't we?

I will try to be there - and I will try to get my compadre to be there. I also have another potential recruit - and I will send that contact info to our Fearless City Rep.

Let's decide on this thread and then post the particulars.

One thing to remember - with the Star Wars feature films over with - keeping and maintaining a FanForce does require some effort on everyone's part or it will drift into nothingness - like the Qui Gonn speaking to Yoda scene in Sith. It will just not be there.

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Yes, oh great lordinvar, I did mention a meeting. So how about 7:00pm at, say, Ryans steakhouse on Hinkleville rd in Paducah. Thats somewhere that isn't very expensive and we can talk and meet the new members. We can also plan the saga weekend which will just be a few weeks away at that point. Also, big anouncement. It is about 99% confirmed that the saga weekend will be on Jan. 14-15. I will do a seperate post on this upon working out all the details. So let me know if you can all attend on Wed. 28th. I will get a flier together. talk soon. pacer vader

3. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    It is about 99% confirmed that the saga weekend will be on Jan. 14-15.

Bummer.

I will be in Chicago that weekend on business at a Trade Show, and I have no way out of it.

Guess I will have to miss it.

But I will try to make Ryans anyway.

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    PACERVADER--------YOU DIDN'T TELL US YOU WERE ON STAR WARS ACTION NEWS THIS WEEK. WED. NIGHT SHOULD BE FINE WITH US FOR THE MEETING. I WILL HAVE TO TALK THE WIFE INTO RYAN'S. SHE HATES THAT PLACE, BUT SHE'LL COPE WITH IT.

5. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Hey, everyone. New member here. Recruited by LordINVAR. Actually, he is the Sith Lord that recruited me back in March to go to C3 and I have been following the dark side ever since. I may have met some of you opening night of the movie at the Cinemark. LordINVAR and I had bigger plans for that night outside the theater, but, oh well...

It's great to see a forum up - I've known about it for some time but haven't had a chance to post. Looking forward to meeting you guys if I can make it on the 28th.

Star Wars is a great escape for my reality and always has been - it has brought some of the most memorable and fun moments of my life.

And, pacevader, I listened to that podcast too. Way cool of the BK manager to let you do that. Awesome!

Everyone needs to get the word out on this and get more recruits. Although timing before the last movie would have been better, now is a crucial time in order to keep the love of Star Wars going, especially out here in the island of Western Kentucky. Even if I do run out of money for collectibles! ;)

Anyway, hope to see you all there! SithMonger

6. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Sounds good to me. I"m usually off on wednesdays anyways.

7. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey guys I hope to see you all there! pacervader

8. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    I forwarded the e-mail I got about the Dec 28th meeting to the lovely Tracy who works at Toys R Us who is a giant Star Wars fanatic.

She did mention her internet was not up and running, so she could only check her e-mail when she was somewhere with a computer and a net connection.

If anyone who knows of her, perhaps in your forays to challenge holiday insanity shopping at Toys R Us someone might drop her a verbal word of the meeting.

I do not plan on risking my life at Toys R Us during last second crunch time.

9. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hi Guys,
    I was not able to get a paper flyer out in the mail about the meeting, so please tell everyone that might show up about it. Some don't check thier email and might miss the one I sent. I also sent an email to everyone about the gift exchange so spread the word and I will see you all on Wed. pacervader

10. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Not sure what Star Wars stuff can be given to the Star Wars collector but...okay.

Maybe we should have a name vote on that night. Anyone have any more names to choose from.

LordInvar has listed these earlier.

Palpatine's Paducah Posse

Paduke Squadron

PK420 Ops Squad

And for poops and giggles:
    The Count Padooku's

A couple more worth consideration

Paducah Rim Territories FanForce

West Kentucky Fan Guild

SithHaven Central USA (or SithHaven by itself)

Or is this that's been decided and even something we need to do, pacevader? Spread the word.

11. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hi sithmonger,
    We decided on the name Paducah Imperials last meeting but I think we can revisit it and take another vote, I'll draw up a ballet with all the ideas and we will vote on the 28th. I know it may be hard to find a star wars gift in that price range that one of us does not have but I think it will be fun. So just wrap up any sw toy or collectible you want and bring it, it will be fun to see what everybody has. post soon.--pacervader

12. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    I can't remember if we brought this one up last meeting but one name idea is Paducah Padawans. pacervader

13. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    What time tomorrow night? I get off @ 5:30, but I work in the mall area, so Ryan's is really maybe a minute or two from me when I get off.

14. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    We have reservations at 7:00 at Ryans, see you all there.--pacervader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.