main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Paint Ball - Sunday, October 4

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rogue4809, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue4809

Rogue4809 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    Chicago Force returns to Blast Camp for another great day of Paint Ball

If you have never tried Paint Ball, this is a great way to start. If I can do it anyone can.

We will meet at Blast Camp around 9:00 a.m.

Watch this thread for more information about paying in advance, gear, rides, and lots of great advice!

Let's go out and have fun shooting people with paint!

2. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    If anyone has been paintballing for a while, they might be interested in going out to Blast Camp on Sep't 20th, when their Big Game (starts a 9 AM) is happening as a one day event.
    I will be fielding both of my tanks that day (bring your Nerf missile launcher) and any and all of my old Chicago Force paintball buddies are invited. Check out the pictures of the tanks at the last event in July on the Blast Camp site, including me (in orange armor)video taping a (so far) unposted video. I'll also provide you some equipment if you let me know if you're coming.
    Count on me on the 4th, too, and I will equip all comers. It's best, of course, to let me know who's coming and their approximate sizes so I don't have to haul a big truckload of stuff.
    I want to offer the use of a tank for our game on the 4th, too!
    Maybe on the 4th they'll let us do our own "tank attack" game, in which the sides take turns going up against one of the vehicles. Taking out a tank is great fun, as armored vehicles are nearly blind and it's not that hard to sneak up on them if you have the GUTS! Think of the little furry Ewoks going up against the Imperials' armored juggernauts on Endor! Are we any less courageous! NO!
    The Force is with us!
    Old "Ben" Bottari

"Who is the greater fool, the fool himself, or those who follow him?"

3. Rogue4809

Rogue4809 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    Updates!!

The Blast Camp web site is: Blastcamp.com

The entrance fee is $30.00, which includes rental equipment.

Paint is $65.00 for a case of 2000, and $35.00 for a case of 1000. They also offer the option to prepay for paint the night before at a discount of $60.00 for a case of 2000. Check the web site for details.

Directions to Blast Camp are also on the web site. If you are planing to come and want a ride or want to carpool, please post.

All players must sign a release. Players under 18 must have their release signed by a parent. The release is also on the web site. No release - no play!

Let's go play paint ball!

4. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I am excited as always for this. It's always a great time at Blastcamp.

5. mandolin

mandolin Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2009
    Hey guys you gotta check out this Youtube video of a paint balling headshot- totally awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMowxKchko

By the way if you're in the UK at any point check out these paintball packages, never had a bad time, top gear!

6. ObiWanBottari

May 19, 2005
    Well, Blast Camp changed their website for something much cheaper, apparently, so there are no more pictures posted- nor can you add anything to their forums- so I guess they had to economize, unfortunately for a far inferior product.
    I will be inviting our paintball regulars, some of whom you've met- to fill out the ranks as it don't look like this is getting a lot of traction. I assume friends (and family) are welcome?
    The game on the 20th was great, the tanks were a big hit. I forgot to ask if we could bring one for our game, but it's on my list. We had to get all our gear out before the rains last Sunday, so there was little time to chat.
    Hope to see you all on the 4th.
    yours 4 the 4z,
    Liobi

7. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Family and friends are always welcome. Speaking of family, I received permission from my cousin to bring her 14 yr son.
    I've always thought he would enjoy this so now I'm super excited!

Lionel, he's 14 about 5'4", broad in the shoulder, do you have anything I could borrow for him?

Thanks in advance,
    Carrie

8. ObiWanBottari

May 19, 2005
    Of course, I can outfit the guy. By the way, Mark has post the 2006 video of our epic battle on Facebook, and I mentioned our upcoming event. Hopefully we can get some of the old crowd back out there.
    Liobi

9. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Cannot wait for Sunday!! Also, if anyone needs a lift, I will have room in my van and be leaving the NW side of Chicago at 7:30. Email me if you want a spot.
    jodokast610@yahoo.com

10. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Weather looks to be excellent Sunday. 65 and sunny.

5 MORE DAYS!!!

11. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Still looking sunny for Sunday!

A couple of reminders:
    1. This is a group game, so when you check in, tell them you're with Chicago Force!
    2. Do not, NOT!, give them any money for the game itself. Buying your paint and incidentals is fine. Chicago Force has already taken care of the money in relation to the game itself. The money for the game will be paid directly to me.

12. ObiWanBottari

May 19, 2005
    I will be there with goodies for everyone to use.
    Santa Claus Kenobi

13. ObiWanBottari

May 19, 2005
    Kudos to Carrie for her amazing athleticism and clever stratagems! Old Grampa Liobi is still creaky, 4 days later. Hope the rest of you are healing nicely, my bruises are still changing colors.
    I'd like to invite anyone interested to the Zombie game on Nov. 1st at Blast Camp. Remember, I got ten free tickets, and will be showing up with a crew of four! So first come, first served, and I still got about a case of free paint! Equipment, sandwiches, will be, as always, provided. Just let me know if you're interested.
    Chicago Forcers get at least one ride in a tank!
    Yours 4 d 4rz,
    Liobi

"Who is the greater fool, the fool himself, or those who follow him?"

14. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Hey Lionel, I am interested in joining you in the big game. Email me with details please.

jodokast610@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.