main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Paintings/Artwork by wick - Updated 9/2/05 "Morning Patrol"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by wicktone, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funksithbrother

funksithbrother Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    That Kashyyyk pic`s well good.You got the atmosphere of KOTOR spot on.Some of the EU novels are really good.i like the ones by Timothy Zahn,Kevin j. Anderson & Micheal a .stackpole.They carry on after the origanal trilogy and are really good.I could`nt get in to the New Jedi Order books though.You should give them a go,i`ve seen some books on ebay for as little as 50p.(dont know what that is in American money,thats if your in America) :)

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Wow amazing work again! Whats up next?

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very cool. I love the way you included the Wookiees in the front right of the piece. And that the only color throughout the whole thing is green except for the lights in the windows. That's awesome! :)

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Funksithbrother, I probably will give them a go. I've been hesitating because I'm afraid they're going to suck, but oh well. Any particular book I should start with? And I'm Canadian, actually... but I live in the US, so US money it is. :D

Odj, I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I'm always open to ideas if anyone has any.

Thanks, Han.

5. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Odj, I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I'm always open to ideas if anyone has any.

I'd love to see a tatooine sunset from you, that would realy be something.

6. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Ok, Tatooine sunset. I'll get started on that this week.

Cheers.

7. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Awesome stuff, Wick. :) Puts my digital painting to shame ;)

8. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Ok, Tatooine sunset. I'll get started on that this week.

:eek: Yey! Thanks. :D

9. funksithbrother

Aug 9, 2004
    If you start with "The Truce at Bakura" that`s set immediatly after return of the jedi. It`s not the best book but it`s a good one to start with.I,Jedi is another good story or Hier to the Empire trilogy.They`re a good substitute for opisodes 7,8&9.You`ll find list`s of other star wars books printed in the books themselves(if that makes sense?).

10. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Odj I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on this, but here you go, mate.

Tatooine sunset:

[image=http://www.sharpfish.net/tatsunset.jpg]

Arty, you made a taun taun into a jedi... nothing could put that to shame. :D

funksithbrother I'll give that book a go next time I'm in the bookstore. Thanks for the rec.

-wick

11. funksithbrother

Aug 9, 2004
    Any trouble finding it then try ebay.should find it on there for a couple of dollars.I never started reading the books untill 4 or 5 years ago because i did`nt think i`d like them but stick with them,i think you`ll be suprised.Glad to see you`ve made yet another fine picture. =D= =D= =D=

12. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Odj I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on this, but here you go, mate.

Oh my... thats beautiful, thank you. :) How long do these take to make?

13. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Hmm. That one took about 2 hours. Usually I spend about 4 hours on them.

I normally don't have a really particular idea in mind when I start, so I spend a good chunk of time messing around until I start to like something. The sunset one went faster because I had thought a little about it beforehand when I heard your suggestion.

14. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    A Tusken Raider,....SWEET!!! :D

Nice job on this Wicktone! Your work is trully awesome! :)

15. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Palpatine frolics in his cotton candy wonderland...

http://www.sharpfish.net/paintings/patience1.html

This one turned out to be a nightmare. Coruscant sucks.

-wick

16. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    A nightmare that turned out beautiful! I can just imagine Palpatine doing that.

17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    He's scheming! :eek: ...no surprise. :p

Very nicely done wick. :D

18. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    LOVE THE ARTWORK!
    -blueworlds

19. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Back from a brief hiatus.

Someone said I should add traffic to the Palpatine one, and now I can't help but feel stupid for leaving it out in the first place. I'll probably be posting an updated version of that pretty soon.

Anyway, here's a new one with some Clone Troopers and Droidekas doing a dance of love. Or something.

http://www.sharpfish.net/paintings/siege1.html

-wick

20. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Sweet! That's my favorite one so far!!

21. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    Yeah, that's a great pic, wicktone!

-blueworlds

22. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    You have an amazing style, it almost reminds me of impressionism, and it really brings a lot of personality to them, let alone the scenes are very well done.. Great work.

23. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Cheers for the comments.

I updated the Palpatine one with traffic. It's a few messages up in the thread if you want to have a browse.

I'm also looking for a new topic, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

-wick

24. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    W1, this new one is really cool! When I first looked at it I swear I could hear Obi-Wan saying "Arc Troopers Deploy!"

I'm such a SW Geek! ;)

Great job ofcourse, you really have a great talent with your paintings. I really liked the sense of movement in this one and the feeling of urgency from all the laser blasts! Awesome! :)

How about one of Darth Maul in his duel from TPM against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in the power corridors?

Just a thought!

Later, DZ

25. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I have been tryin' to think of stuff for a couple hours now, and you seem to have covered a little bit of everything, so that makes it more tricky to suggest something that wouldn't be sort of repetitive.. I mentioned your work reminded me of impressionist styles, and partly because of the brushwork, yes, but also because a key part of impressionism is that the painting is most often a real scene that has been painted on the spot.. A moment of time caught on canvas if you will.. And a lot your pictures seem to really have that essense.. so I dunno, maybe a ship, the millenium falcon (just an example) just starting to take off from port, or maybe a dogfight in space, or perhaps the speeder bikes on the forest moon, I think tha'd look kind of cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.