main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Palpatine "Gran Palpa" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jan 3, 2020.

1. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016

There's an even better one where his wife is hassling him to clean the apartment ...

Oryx-I likes this.
  2. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    Yes, Korriban would have been a lot better, it was the sith world in the Darth Bane books yeah ?
    Also has been canonised - didn't Yoda go there and converse with the spirit of Bane ?

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. It is called Moraband in the present day, but Korriban is one of its names in the distant past.

4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The problem with Moraband is the location of that planet is already known. It's not some hidden secret. R2-D2 went there with Yoda and knows where it is. Also there appears to be something special going on with the Force on Exegol. We saw on The Clone Wars that Moraband is pretty much a dead planet. There were some illusions set up to scare off intruders. But most of the Force related activity was conjured up long distance by Dooku and Sidious on Coruscant.

Does anyone remember Dromund Kaas from Dark Force II - Mysteries of the Sith. It's like a Sith Burial Ground.

Still I like that Exegol is somewhere knew and we really don't know much about it or if something special is going on there. Persoanlly I'd love it if later we find out that Exegol was once a Force Realm like Mortis. The Sith found a way in and conquered it.

5. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Just wanted to share that the SW.com databank has started updating its entries, including giving Palpatine a new photo from Rise of Skywalker. The blurb was updated slightly, but nothing else is different at the moment.

[​IMG]

6. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
  7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    By far the creepiest he's ever looked. The milky eyes were quite the touch.

8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Does he he even have legs? I like that it takes this huge crane arm to keep him alive. So creepy and so fitting.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Now Exegol is canonized.

Earlier I had wondered if Snoke had been the Dark Presence in the Unknown Regions Palpatine had felt, the Source of his Power. Or if this Dark Presence had both attracted Snoke and Palpatine.

Even though Moriband/Korriban is canon, I don’t know if it’s canon that Palpatine is aware of this Outer Rim world. But if he did, he’d know if it’s the Source of his Power.

So maybe Exegol is the Source of his Power, the Dark Side Presence in the Unknown Regions that attracted him. He and Vader discover Wayfinders and off they go.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Sauron_18 likes this.
  10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Palpatine knows Moriband. When Yoda visits the abandoned Sith world on The Clone Wars, Palpatine tests Yoda through the Force.

11. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    That’s what I had thought. But does he know Yoda’s exact location? Force GPS?

12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Looks like they somehow captured all of Palpatine's bits and pieces that were blown up in ROTJ, sewed them back together. Then they somehow, on Exegol, used Sith dark magic to use this sewn together Palp as a vessel for all past Sith lords. Heck if large parts of the DS2 stayed intact, so could parts of Palp's body.

Now, if they had split this movie into 2 parts, they could have gotten more into all of this and shown Palpatine's rise back up.

13. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Yes, Palpatine knows Yoda is on Moriband. As a test, Yoda knowingly visits a temple that is a trap. This creates a ripple through time and space that alerts Darth Sidious and Dooku. Sidous tells Dooku Yoda is on Moriband.

It's very Exegol lite what Yoda sees in the way of illusions and figures.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  14. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Tes, thanks. I watched these episodes back when you could watch TCW on YouTube. Long time ago.

Meanwhile,

https://movieweb.com/the-rise-of-skywalker-star-destroyer-fleet-explained/

So, does this perhaps make Palpatine younger than his granddaughter. But if she’s 19 in TFA and 6 when she has the flashback and that’s when her parents are killed...

They told me when there wouldn’t be any math. The source said it was decades that the Sith Eternal were trying to bring Palpatine back. I don’t know...

15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Never trust a visual dictionary - except for the pictures.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    I don’t recall the visual dictionary saying the Sith Eternal “spent decades” trying to bring Palpatine back. That’s likely the article’s author either misreading or getting inaccurate second-hand info. They do spend decades building the Final Order fleet, but Palpatine came back fairly early on, possibly even right away. He was certainly around to order the death/capture of his grandaughter.
    I’ve also tried to reconcile Exegol with the dark side nexus hinted at in the books. But that would require Exegol being fairly recently established around the time of ROTJ. Which is possible, but I feel like the movie background for it characterizes the world as having been consistently an active Sith world for a bit longer, certainly it was older than the First Order. But that slight discrepancy is likely okay for the story group and Exegol will be canonically the dark side nexus.
    As for Palpatine’s resurrection, I’m fairly sure that is a clone body into which his spirit was summoned. But the process was messy and imperfect, unnatural, hence the end result.

My Palpatine Eyes likes this.
  17. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    @ Sauron_18 Good call. Palpatine isn't in the Visual Dictionary at all. Not seeing anything like this mentioned about it.

18. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Such a great image. Loved his look in this film, it's so on-point.

19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    My questions:

1) If Palpatine was impersonating Vader and Snoke, then why didn't he just call Kylo Ren to him? Why does Ren need to go to not-Mustafar to attain this object when Palpatine has power?

2) Why doesn't Palpatine impersonate Luke and call Rey to him?

3) What does this dyad thing even mean? Were Palpatine and Sidious a dyad? I could go on. [face_rofl]

themoth, jc1138 and cwustudent like this.
  20. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    It seems Palpatine wanted Kylo Ren to seek him out. Is part of this to make Palpatine appear weaker than he is?

Palpatine never directly tries to lure Rey to him. He tasks Kylo with destroying her.

We vaguely know what the dyad does, but we don't know how or why it happened.

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Palpatine tell Genral Pyre that that Princess of Aldaran has interfered with his plans.

What exactly where his plans at that time? Was Rey supposed to kill Kylo Ren? Cause without Leia, Kylo was about to kill Rey. What's up with this?

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think turning Ben good definitely took away one of Palpatine's, hell his only, top Dark Sider working for him.

23. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004
    Palpatine has been pitting both of them against each other...conflict makes a Sith Apprentices stronger and crave more power. Even though he prefers his granddaughter to be his apprentice if she's not strong enough to beat Kylo then she's not worth it. Leia turning Kylo back to the light which also made Rey to reject the Force and NOT face Palpatine copying what Luke did in TLJ hindered Palpatine's plan a bit. Hence he told Pryde to start attacking...which will lead Rey to come out off her funk and save her friends.

1) Even if Palpatine told Kylo where he is...Kylo still needs the object to get there. Sith always puts their apprentices to trials to see if they are up to the tasks. He transmitted to everyone that the true Emperor is back and if Kylo is strong enough to find him then that's what Palpatine wants.

2) Great question. I think Force communication is tricky. Kylo is easily susceptible to Palpatine because of his embrace of the dark side. That and his training with the Force and knowing that his grandfather is Vader plus him being the strongest out of Luke's new students made him easier to contact through the Force by the Dark Lord.

On the other hand, Rey, even though she went straight to the dark side during Luke's training, she's still actively a Jedi and is still naive with the Force with limited training that even Palpatine couldn't sense her until she started using her Force abilities.

3) Dyad is where 2 individual Force Users combined becomes a powerful Force to behold. They can heal and do other abilities that no other individual Force User can accomplish. They come once every millienium or whatever Palpatine said.

Palpatine is Sidious. They are the same person. Even though he's the most powerful Force User in the movies, he's not a Dyad.

24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Thank you!!!

Sidious69 likes this.
  25. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I'm still laughing over the fact the only reason Palpatine was in Episode IX was because JJ thought it'd be weird if the series ended without Palpatine showing up again, because he was important in the Original Trilogy, and then the Prequel Trilogy

Yes, being dead will kinda do that to that to a character

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020