main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine or Dooku and Greivous from the Republics point of view?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ChestRockwell, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChestRockwell

ChestRockwell Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    If only 2 choices there were at the beginning of the film would the Republic (and the Jedi for that matter) prefer that Palpatine is rescued or that GG and Dooku are captured/killed if it HAD to be one or the other?

Seems to me that the republic would think Palpatine a hero to lose his life as if GG and Dooku were out of the way to end the war. Or would the general populationrather see the 2 villians escape as long as the Chancelor is alive?

One leader to lose his life to save an entire population continued disaster is consodered what a leader should do right?

Not to mention everyone who Palpatine has manipulated would most likely say up front that Palpatine would want it that way (considering they all think he is a brave selfless man)

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm sure Palpatine would've manipulated it so that everybody loved him to the point where they would not have sacrificed him.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    He did manipulate the situation that way. Otherwise the Republic Navy would have probably just blown up the ship.

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i agree with both of the above

5. camifladge2

camifladge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005
    I agree too[face_peace]

6. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    I don't think the Rep. would have sacrifised Palpatine. After all he was their beloved leader and all. Palpatine's a great actor, he had everyone love him so much that they wouldn't give him up to get Dooku and GG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.